• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Friday everyone. Glad to see everyone is getting ready so early. It might be contagious, I am thinking about things to pack.

Have a great weekend as we will be off to the campground for the weekend again, without kids...that will be different.:cool1:

Good morning, everyone. It's Friday!

Flo, the FE chart is brilliant and so very helpful. Thank you so much :flower3: .

Mary, I hope you're feeling better; we are really hoping you get to enjoy this cruise to the max.

Well, we finally took advantage of the Cash for Clunkers and turned in our '97 Jeep for a '10 Corolla. It was too good an opportunity to pass up. The Jeep had over 260,000 miles on it and things kept breaking on it. (We went w/Toyota because of their reliability; our first Camry got 320,000 miles on it before we gave it away...and it was still running! We got the Jeep because DH HAD to have 4WD, which of course he never used :rotfl: .)

Flo, the FE chart is brilliant and so very helpful. Thank you so much :flower3: .

Mary, I hope you're feeling better; we are really hoping you get to enjoy this cruise to the max.

Well, we finally took advantage of the Cash for Clunkers and turned in our '97 Jeep for a '10 Corolla. It was too good an opportunity to pass up. The Jeep had over 260,000 miles on it and things kept breaking on it. (We went w/Toyota because of their reliability; our first Camry got 320,000 miles on it before we gave it away...and it was still running! We got the Jeep because DH HAD to have 4WD, which of course he never used :rotfl: .)

Joanne,

Congrats on the new car!:thumbsup2 Enjoy it. Don't blame you for pass on getting ore money for the car.

Glad you like the spread sheet.

Have a good weekend

take care
flo
:surfweb:

HI everyone!
Just wanted to post a quick note-getting so excited about the cruise!!!
We leave for WDW on Sep 4th for a week at Kidani-we originally planned on checking out on sat 12th and spending the night before the cruise at Hampton Inn (I think) in Port Canaveral-but just decided to spend the last night at All Star Sports-although we are debating if we should just stay one more night at Kidani and not have to switch hotels.....any thoughts?

We've rented a car-and we're returning it by the Port on Sunday before the cruise....

I am SO excited to get going already! Is it Sep 4th yet!? :banana::dance3:

Oh, I am so envious...we don't check in until Sept 11. If you can do it, I would stay at Kidani. Can't imagine going from there to AS sports...tried to do that one time and it was such a let down. Kidani is so beautiful.
Have a fun time vacationing the week before the cruise...Susan

260,000 miles!!! WOW. I have a Corolla and I hope it lasts that long. You got a great deal!

Haven't been posting, too busy with the grandchildren and work. We are planning a swimming party for 3 of my grandtoddlers tomorrow...exciting stuff. I can't believe people make their own FE gifts. Where do you get the ideas? I would like to do that, but don't know what to make. I have been working on our plans before and after cruise, and on a trip I booked for my daughter and her family at BWV...and also we are going to DL two weeks after we get back from the cruise. And we have a trip in Dec with one of my daughters and her 2 year old and we are taking my granddaughter who is 4. My grandson just discovered Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and he lines up all of his "guys"...his Disney characters and loves to watch it. Hopefully he won't be as scared of the characters. He was terrified of the characters last year and this year when he saw the Easter bunny he went into shock!!! Bought a new camera, a Canon S10 and am getting a new Handycam to take with us. Was able to get into a free double stroller swap for Dec on the budget board, which makes me happy. Too much lugging two strollers on the plane and too expensive to rent those hard plastic things in WDW.
Happy Friday.
Thanks, Flo and thanks Mary for all that you have done to get us excited about the cruise. Now I just wish that DVC was as anxious about the cruise as we are!
Susan

Does any one know if Down Town Disney sells D23 merchandise?

Thanks
Flo

Happy Friday everyone!

oh, it is only noon and I am ready for bed! Been cleaning and doing laundry like crazy. Getting ready to make some brownies, because that just sounds AWESOME!!

I am hoping to get over to doorway to dreams Sunday morning... Flo, I'l be checking out your shoes!!

Ugh. The dryer stopped. Better get over there before everything wrinkles! :wizard:

I was on another dis thread and found this. I know our document arent due for another week or so but i just got mine from my sept 5 cruise but when they are actually ship it you will have a better chance of knowing it. i hope helps at least one person

You go to www.ups.com and select to track a package. In the shipping
reference # put your cruise confirmation number. Select your country (United States) and put either your zip code

Joanne,

Congrats on the new car!:thumbsup2 Enjoy it. Don't blame you for pass on getting ore money for the car.

Glad you like the spread sheet.

Have a good weekend

take care
flo

Thanks, Flo. If it lasts like the other one, I'll be very glad.

Oh, I am so envious...we don't check in until Sept 11. If you can do it, I would stay at Kidani. Can't imagine going from there to AS sports...tried to do that one time and it was such a let down. Kidani is so beautiful.
Have a fun time vacationing the week before the cruise...Susan

I agree w/Susan. Kidani (or Jambo House) gets my vote!

Joanne, congrats on the new car.
Yes, that clunkers for cash deal is to good to pass up if you are even slightly considering a new car.
So, I posted pictures of my new car, when will we see yours?
Enjoy your new car.

Well, everyone has been fairly quiet today. Last day of girl scout camp - yea!!!!! I love it, but it was a tough last two weeks so I'm glad to be done with that. Now one more week at the camp for a private church group and then I'll be done for the summer.

Flo, I know that I'll have to carry it on, so what I may do is split the items and ship the ones without candy to the ship and the ones with to the hotel! Thanks for the thought because it made me think a little harder!! :thumbsup2

Popped some dinner in the oven, so here I am to chat - wake up all of you cruisers!!!! :yay:

Well, everyone has been fairly quiet today. Last day of girl scout camp - yea!!!!! I love it, but it was a tough last two weeks so I'm glad to be done with that. Now one more week at the camp for a private church group and then I'll be done for the summer.

Flo, I know that I'll have to carry it on, so what I may do is split the items and ship the ones without candy to the ship and the ones with to the hotel! Thanks for the thought because it made me think a little harder!! :thumbsup2

Popped some dinner in the oven, so here I am to chat - wake up all of you cruisers!!!! :yay:

Sue,

How about this. Send them to the Hotel because this way it does not put your suite case over. Then take a rolling suitcase with you as a carry on with things in it. Once at the hotel you could put what you carried on the plan in one of the big suitcase or you can even put it in the big one because it won't matter then. They don't weigh them again.

Doesmake sense?

take care
flo

wow! another thread! I left for a few days and couldn't find the new place...thanks Flo for your help :flower3:

hope everyone will have a great weekend!

I will be busy finalizing the plans for our new school year :teacher:, but I am sure I will pop up once in a while and try to keep up with the board!

Glad you joined the ranks, If I am counting correctly, your #3 I bought mine on April 30th, Ray got his about a month ago,,,OK whos next:rotfl::rotfl:

Joanne enjoy your new car, I know I am in love with mine!:love::love:

Sue,

How about this. Send them to the Hotel because this way it does not put your suite case over. Then take a rolling suitcase with you as a carry on with things in it. Once at the hotel you could put what you carried on the plan in one of the big suitcase or you can even put it in the big one because it won't matter then. They don't weigh them again.

Doesmake sense?

take care
flo

Sounds like a plan to me! Thanks Flo!

DSIL said she also got her extra ME luggage tags today! They seem to be getting those right out to you when you request them.

Only one bit of transportation to get set - how are we getting to Philly airport from home!! I may have to go through my roster of friends - hmmmm!

Anyone have plans this weekend?

I really had every intention of trying to sleep in tomorrow - ah, but DH needs help to close down the girl scout part of the camp and get ready for the other group to come in. And he just found out that one of his helpers isn't coming to work tomorrow. So I suppose it's little ole' me, the DW, going to pal around with him! Well, sleeping in IS somewhat overrated.

DS Dustin is down in NC to spend a few days with his older brother Bob and his wife. He was soooo excited to go - but I miss him already.

Is anyone out there who is still awake?!! HELLOOOOOO!! :rotfl2:

Anyone have plans this weekend?

I really had every intention of trying to sleep in tomorrow - ah, but DH needs help to close down the girl scout part of the camp and get ready for the other group to come in. And he just found out that one of his helpers isn't coming to work tomorrow. So I suppose it's little ole' me, the DW, going to pal around with him! Well, sleeping in IS somewhat overrated.

DS Dustin is down in NC to spend a few days with his older brother Bob and his wife. He was soooo excited to go - but I miss him already.

Is anyone out there who is still awake?!! HELLOOOOOO!! :rotfl2:

I am still awake :rotfl::rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter