09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been to a State Fair in such a long time. The last one I went to was the NJ State Fair at the Garden State Race Track which is now a mini-mall. I used to have a blast at the fair. Ohh the memories.

We are thinking of going to the Iowa State Fair tomorrow. But, they are calling for rain. :scared1: So we may not. Just depends. Love all the food at the fair. Anything you want you can get on a stick! :rotfl: But I love corn dogs. Nothing better when you are at the Fair! :cheer2:

He has been approved by the Doc to parasail..He is very happy:banana:

Good for him. I still do not have the nerve to go parasailing.

We are thinking of going to the Iowa State Fair tomorrow. But, they are calling for rain. :scared1: So we may not. Just depends. Love all the food at the fair. Anything you want you can get on a stick! :rotfl: But I love corn dogs. Nothing better when you are at the Fair! :cheer2:

Yes, I remember the food. Besides getting anything on a stick, you can also get just about anything fried. I am going to have to find me a fair to go to.:laughing:

Thank you all for the kind wishes. I really do like the new car and feel like a queen (just too old to be a princess anymore), especially since the Jeep didn't have power windows or locks. I know, I'm spoiled. The coolest thing they've added to some cars now is a button on the steering wheel that lets you answer your cell phone without touching it. It comes through the radio. Pretty neat, huh? Now I just need to get a picture up...

When and by who????? :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

I love that button for the phone on the steering wheel! I use it all the time.

Congrats Dianne on the :bride:

and

Congrats Chris on the pirate:

Joanne - congrats on the new car! Enjoy it for many years to come.

Thanks very much. DH's strategy over the years is to buy new (even though you pay a premium, we do so much driving it's worth it), be proactive w/the upkeep and maintenance, and drive them as long as they stay safe. So, I expect we'll have this one for a while. (The one we just got rid of was a '97; our Camry, which was the "new" car" until this week, is an '02.)

Joanne,

DS has that cell phone thing in his steering wheel. He had them hook it up about a month after he bought the car. It is great. I have been in the car when he uses it. You just say the name or number then it repeats to you and askes if it is correct. I like the idea no head piece or you don't have to answer the phone it self. He also does not need a key for his car. I thought that was neet. To get in he just puts his finger on the handle, that is as long as he his the other part in his pocket.

Take care and have a great day.
flo
:surfweb:

Mine isn't quite that sophisticated, but it's still pretty cool.

Congrats on the new car Joanne! :woohoo: Always love getting a new vehicle. But we are good for now here so it will be a long time before we get anything new.

We probably would have waited, but the Cash for Clunkers made it too tempting! It's fine as long as the vehicle runs well.

I think the cell phone thing sounds neat!

And yea, I guess you're right about the sleeping in thing! Just because I said that, I have been up off and on since 2:30 am with a migraine - just a mini one - but still - can you say karma!!! :hippie:

Sue, I hope you're feeling better by now. Migraines = BIG YUCK!

Good Morning Everyone!
Joanne, congratulations on the new car! DH really likes Toyotas. That is why we both have 2. After my Nissan Sentra broke down I had no choice but to join the Toyota family.

Sue, hope you are feeling better. Migranes are no fun.

Mary, how are you doing? Glad to see that if all goes well (and I know it will) you will be done with chemo before the cruise.

Flo, thanks for the FE list. You did a great job!

I cannot beloieve we are on the third thread. You all have been a talkative bunch.

It is a beautiful day here in So. MD. We have no weekend plans besides going to church tomorrow. We were supposed to be in NJ & Philly this weekend but I decided that I better stay home. I have been feeling :sick: the past few days. So, we postponed the trip until the end of this month. One good thing is that I will be able to join the rest of you who will be watching the Wonder on the webcams tomorrow (if i remember:)).

I have been working on FE gifts. I am still fretting over what to do for the adults. I have finished the children's gifts. I have motivation to finish, though. My FE that I got from ebay arrived this week & I have it hanging up on the door leading to our basement. I have to pass it every day and I can see it when I assemble the FE gifts.

Everyone enjoy your day.

Thanks, Marsha.

I'm finally getting my FEs together. Again, big thanks to Flo for assembling the FE list.

That's great news!

How about anything fried on a stick? ;)

Isn't that its own food group? :rotfl2:

I love that button for the phone on the steering wheel! I use it all the time.

I love mine too, a great invention. I never used to use the phone in the car, can't dail and drive:cool1:

Congrats Dianne on the :bride:

and

Thanks everyone!:)

No Sam's here in Canada...just Costco :)

Enjoy your time shopping!

We shop there to...I love them both.

Was too hot to work on the porch waiting for some shade.

Now I am doing:laundy:

Joy Joy, I need some fun. I know I need a trip, maybe a cruise what do you think?:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Congratulations to Diane on the :bride:

Congratulations to Chris on the pirate:

Congrats Chris and Dianne on the pirate and bride. You got the first ones of the new thread!

Just thought of something: I don't know how many of you have seen this, but Purex has a new product that incorporates detergent, softener, and anti-static products in one sheet. This is just perfect for traveling, I think.

I haven't been to a State Fair in such a long time. The last one I went to was the NJ State Fair at the Garden State Race Track which is now a mini-mall. I used to have a blast at the fair. Ohh the memories.

Oh my goodness! Do I remember the Garden State Race Track and the NJ State Fair. We used to go every year when it was there. I loved the Track. Had dinner a few times when they had that nice restaurant called the Phoenix Room. For anyone else who wouldn't know why that name was significant - it was because it was the restaurant on the top floor of the new Race Track because they had a fire that took the first one down.

I was even in the 4-H and we had the Camden County 4-H Fair there. It was a great event. But Marsha, I wouldn't call what they've built on the site a mini-mall. My goodness, It has every store you can imagine, and they are still building - it's huge!! I sure miss the old Track.

Yea for we who are going parasailing!! I'm glad he's feeling so much better.

Congrats Diane on the :bride:

and

My congrats too.

Thanks for all of the well wishes - you guys are really great! I'm feeling a little better. It's funny - when I get a migraine like this one, I feel terrible for the first while until I can take my meds. Then it seems to settle it down, but the slightest thing can make it flair up again. Being out at camp, it the fresh air can help. But then working around the kitchen and bending alot dragged me down again.

So I just made myself a cup of Earl Grey tea, and I'm going to relax - and hopefully chat with a few of you! :cutie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter