•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Looking for some advice about split stays and what you folks might do in my situation. I have enough points to stay in a CCV Studio for 9 nights and then at 7 months I can TRY to combine my points from BRV to get all 9 nights as a one bedroom stay. Or I also have the alternative that I can do: I can book the first four nights at BRV 1 bedroom and the last 5 nights in a 1 bedroom at CCV and then at 7 months try to combine them. My Husband hates split stays but I really want to stay in a 1 bedroom. :chat:

Thank you for any advice you might have.:thanks:

Chrissy

Looking for some advice about split stays and what you folks might do in my situation. I have enough points to stay in a CCV Studio for 9 nights and then at 7 months I can TRY to combine my points from BRV to get all 9 nights as a one bedroom stay. Or I also have the alternative that I can do: I can book the first four nights at BRV 1 bedroom and the last 5 nights in a 1 bedroom at CCV and then at 7 months try to combine them. My Husband hates split stays but I really want to stay in a 1 bedroom. :chat:

Thank you for any advice you might have.:thanks:

Chrissy

What time of the year are you looking at going? One thing is about as easy of a switch as you can get. Just plan a park afternoon, drop off your bags with Bell services before you leave and when you get back your CCV 1BR would be ready (or vice versa). I'd be inclined to book the 1BR's and if I didn't get the one part switched to CCV right at 7 months then you have the waitlist to try and get it. If that didn't come thru then a pretty easy move.

Is the studio layout in this Touring Plans video of Copper Creek typical?

Can't find any info on this, it's basically a one bedroom without the kitchen.

This definitely is one of the rare Alternative studios, there are only 4-6 of them, where the room has a separate living room area from the bedroom portion.

I heard that the Alternative Studios only have the tub/shower combo. I don't really care for the slide doors on the tub. It looks like it would get in the way of bathing kids. I guess for an adult you could have a really steamy bath by closing the sliding doors.

I heard that the Alternative Studios only have the tub/shower combo. I don't really care for the slide doors on the tub. It looks like it would get in the way of bathing kids. I guess for an adult you could have a really steamy bath by closing the sliding doors.

I was going to ask if all the tubs rooms at CCV have the sliding door? Just a few years ago a lot of hotels removed those. I know anyplace I lived that had them I hated it - just a pain to clean that track.

What time of the year are you looking at going? One thing is about as easy of a switch as you can get. Just plan a park afternoon, drop off your bags with Bell services before you leave and when you get back your CCV 1BR would be ready (or vice versa). I'd be inclined to book the 1BR's and if I didn't get the one part switched to CCV right at 7 months then you have the waitlist to try and get it. If that didn't come thru then a pretty easy move.
Thank you Kat, That's what I'm leaning towards. I appreciate the input :):flower1:

We are going first week of December

We are going first week of December

That means I'd be thinking it would remain a split stay but waitlists do work and cancellations do happen. If your husband is 100% against moving then the studio at CCV will be the safest. That 1st week of December is the busiest DVC week so probably the least likely to switch but you have the benefit of trying for a 1BR which is the easiest to book. And as I mentioned it's a pretty easy move if you didn't get switched.

We went to Wilderness Lodge today for breakfast and asked the DVC guy if we could see the CC rooms (they were not finished when we were there last). He took us through a studio, a 1 BR and a cabin. MUCH NICER THAN THE MODELS!. The cabins are amazing! We stayed at a Poly Bungalow for the last 2 nights. I have always loved the bungalows but the cabins are nicer. They took everything the learned about the Bungalows and put it into the cabins. I can't wait for Feb 11 when we stay at the cabins for 4 nights.

Apologize for a duplicate post to one on the WL thread, but thought I might get a quicker answer here. Has anyone used an airbed in addition to the sofabed (opened) in a 1BR? We're a party of 4, traveling with two teenage boys that are not keen on sharing the sofabed. We've used an airbed at the old VWL 1BRs, but the CCV rooms look a little smaller. Deciding between CCV, BCV and VGF for our April vacation (cash customers). . .Thanks!

I got the "year end" DVC email yesterday which said among other things that the Reunion Station would open in early 2018. We have a trip planned for 2/11 and hope it will be finished by then.
I'm looking forward to this, we are going in December 2018 so hopefully we will be able to enjoy it.

So I decided on the split stay between Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek. Thank you for your help:thanks::flower1:

2BR was really nice. A couple bad notes though - from the living room, there is an open vent into the bedroom with the 2 queens. Makes it seem like the folks sleeping in those two areas are in a big common room - there is little if any noise isolation. Also, from that side of the building you can hear the boat horn every time a boat docks, and the geyser every time it erupts.
On the positive side, the balcony spanned all three rooms, so you end up with 6 chairs and 3 little tables out on the balcony - plenty of room for everyone to enjoy.
We also really enjoyed the dining area - seating for all 8 of us.
Good to know! I have a dedicated 2BR booked for our first CCV stay in October. We'll be with my DD who will be about 20 months old then. Now I think we need a 2BR lock-off so there's less noise, and she can get better sleep. Which side of the building were you on? Are there any 2BR's that are away from the boat docks/geyser?

Currently in a 1-bedroom villa at Copper Creek and it has really nice details and features. My parents are in the middle of planning remodels for their house, and my dad keeps taking pics of things he wants to copy. We came over late after transferring, so it's too dark now, but I'll try to take a room view pic tomorrow.
Have to say, with temps from 40's to 50's this week, it's so nice to be in the main building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter