•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I'm really wondering if I should call the sales rep to change the UY. The problem is that July would most likely be the best month for us, so we probably wouldn't get the 2016 points anyhow. Also, from looking at current availability, I'm not sure we could use 2016 points at the moment (our schedule is a little awkward this year because DS just started college and we're trying to find times we can all meet in FL).

Thoughts?

Hey! Wanted to see what you decided to do with your guide and UY! Any luck changing? Let us know!!

Question - if you are in a cabin that is toward the Fort Wilderness end, how do you get to the cabin after check in at the main lobby with all your bags?
There are small parking lots beyond the original VWL building (now BRV) where you can park if you are staying in the cabins. From there the walk is quite short to the cabins on the South (Fort Wilderness) side. If you wanted to walk from the lobby, you could head out past the mercantile towards BRV, then turn left and go through the courtyard between the South Wing and BRV, near the new Boulder Ridge cove pool. You then could walk past Sturdy Branches, and down the walkway towards the cabins. There are bridges every few cabins that go from the walkway by BRV to the walkway directly in front of the cabins. It really isn't that far, but the walk is longer the higher your cabin number, up to 8026.

There are small parking lots beyond the original VWL building (now BRV) where you can park if you are staying in the cabins. From there the walk is quite short to the cabins on the South (Fort Wilderness) side. If you wanted to walk from the lobby, you could head out past the mercantile towards BRV, then turn left and go through the courtyard between the South Wing and BRV, near the new Boulder Ridge cove pool. You then could walk past Sturdy Branches, and down the walkway towards the cabins. There are bridges every few cabins that go from the walkway by BRV to the walkway directly in front of the cabins. It really isn't that far, but the walk is longer the higher your cabin number, up to 8026.
Thanks for the reply. I guess you can leave the bags in the car, then check in, then drive to the Cabin parking areas and go to the cabin. Makes sense.

Can someone please add a map of the cabins to the first page (along with which is north and south). We have 2 nights booked in a cabin and I need to begin seriously obsessing about where to make my cabin request! (November 29th and 30th ... very excited)

Just booked our first stay for 9/9-9/14/18! (It is already on the list on page 1, but is now official.) I'm glad I booked right away as availability is already gone for a studio with a tub (which we prefer for our toddler). I am SO excited to go home next year and am so happy to have something booked for next year so I have something to look forward to after our family trip in Dec. I have gotten spoiled with three trips this year and would hate to be without something to plan.

Can someone please add a map of the cabins to the first page (along with which is north and south). We have 2 nights booked in a cabin and I need to begin seriously obsessing about where to make my cabin request! (November 29th and 30th ... very excited)

:welcome: Hey there! I just finished updating Page 1! I added a resort map if you’d like to check it out. I believe the cabins to the upper left are the North cabins. This is a fairly new thread, but if you scroll back and read some of the posts, there has been a lot of good advice regarding the cabins! Good luck and have fun planning!!!

Just booked our first stay for 9/9-9/14/18! (It is already on the list on page 1, but is now official.) I'm glad I booked right away as availability is already gone for a studio with a tub (which we prefer for our toddler). I am SO excited to go home next year and am so happy to have something booked for next year so I have something to look forward to after our family trip in Dec. I have gotten spoiled with three trips this year and would hate to be without something to plan.

That’s great!!!!!! It’s always such a relief and so exciting at the same time once your trip is booked!!! For our July trip, I was only able to get a walk in shower, but I’m sure my kids will get a kick out of the rain shower head lol Looking forward to planning our upcoming CCV trips together! It will be fun! :banana: PS - just noticed our upcoming trips are fairly close together!

I just edited the Disney Map to add the cabin room numbers.
WL_Map_Cabin_Numbers.jpg

:welcome: Hey there! I just finished updating Page 1! I added a resort map if you’d like to check it out. I believe the cabins to the upper left are the North cabins. This is a fairly new thread, but if you scroll back and read some of the posts, there has been a lot of good advice regarding the cabins! Good luck and have fun planning!!!
That's an excellent map of the cabins and shows a couple of grilling areas I hadn't seen on my sojourn there a few months back. As GrandCalifornian says (and the map shows), there is a parking lot for the southern cabins, and there is also a parking lot for the north side cabins, as well. You can either check in at the main Lodge (leaving bags in the car) then driving to the appropriate lot, or you can always do online check in and when you get the cabin number, go straight to the parking area. Or-r-r-r, if you're a glutton for punishment in the blazing Florida heat, check in, bring your bags, then haul them all the way down. :duck: Seriously, if you're in one of the nearer to the main Lodge cabins, you might be better off bringing luggage in with you. ;)

That's an excellent map of the cabins and shows a couple of grilling areas I hadn't seen on my sojourn there a few months back. As GrandCalifornian says (and the map shows), there is a parking lot for the southern cabins, and there is also a parking lot for the north side cabins, as well. You can either check in at the main Lodge (leaving bags in the car) then driving to the appropriate lot, or you can always do online check in and when you get the cabin number, go straight to the parking area. Or-r-r-r, if you're a glutton for punishment in the blazing Florida heat, check in, bring your bags, then haul them all the way down. :duck: Seriously, if you're in one of the nearer to the main Lodge cabins, you might be better off bringing luggage in with you. ;)

Wheels on luggage Sleepy. Wheels on luggage. :goodvibes

Someday need to compare the distance hauling luggage to the furthest cabin vs hauling luggage to the last villa at BWV or AKV - Kidani. Cabins might be half the distance and not over carpet! ;)

In all seriousness though for those asking, there is Bell Service and they'll roll it out for you for a tip.

That’s great!!!!!! It’s always such a relief and so exciting at the same time once your trip is booked!!! For our July trip, I was only able to get a walk in shower, but I’m sure my kids will get a kick out of the rain shower head lol Looking forward to planning our upcoming CCV trips together! It will be fun! :banana: PS - just noticed our upcoming trips are fairly close together!

They are quite close together! Yacht Club CL sounds like fun for a birthday trip! We haven't stayed in the EPCOT area resorts yet, but the second part of our Dec trip is at Boardwalk and I am excited to try it out.

Wheels on luggage Sleepy. Wheels on luggage. :goodvibes

In all seriousness though for those asking, there is Bell Service and they'll roll it out for you for a tip.
I thought of that as an option, too, but who wants to do that when it's 95F and 95% humidity? I mean, really? :rolleyes1

It is skipping that "dewey" effect on one's skin. :rotfl2:
Don't people pay for that effect in salons? WAIT! Maybe that's one of the things offered in the new Trout Pass Salon!!

Also, I did a Google map-esque thing about the walking distance, and from Cabin 8026 just to the Teton Boat and Bike rental building, it's right at .2 miles. . .it's safe to say that swinging over to the large drive next to the VWL building and then making for the main lobby would be close to a quarter mile, and the same goes for RF. A touch more to get to the MK/CR/FW boat dock.

They are quite close together! Yacht Club CL sounds like fun for a birthday trip! We haven't stayed in the EPCOT area resorts yet, but the second part of our Dec trip is at Boardwalk and I am excited to try it out.

Sounds great!!!! It will be our first time at an EPCOT resort as well! The past 3 years were WL! Just love being there! The only reason why we are doing yacht club this year is because our friend that we traveled with insisted we try an Epcot resort! I said I would be happy with either beach club or yacht club, and I loved the fact that YC was just fully renovated! So we’re looking forward to it!

If anyone would like to see information I may have left out on Page 1, please let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!