“If it moves we ride it, if it doesn't move...we eat it!” And Finally, Pictures!

janetmojo said:
Sorry I'm LOL...

Joey: "What's not to like? Custard? Good. Jam? Good. Meat? Goooooood."

Great reviews....and this made me laugh out loud.

kaybird said:
Coral Reef for supper-
This was where I really fell in love with our very proper waiter. My husband had ordered desserts for all of us, and when David asked if they were for everyone, my DH said no, they were all his. When David brought them out, he carefully stacked all 4 right in front of my husband, without cracking a smile. It was one of the funniest moments of the trip, as the tables in front of the tank are fairly small, it was a feat of engineering to get that many plates in one persons space..
OK ....ROTFL.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Heading for WDW in 6 days and Coral Reef in 8. Can't wait!!

Tomorrow-San Angel, and I finally impress my group with an unknown skill.
:confused3 Looking really forward to finding out what this is all about. :surfweb: Sipping coffee and waiting...

GREEEAAAATTTTT reports!!! :banana:

We had David for our server too! And he was very proper. My 14 yo DD ordered the Ahi, and it was funny watching him try to figure out how to tell her it was usually served pretty rare. He said "This is sushi grade tuna." and she said "Ohhh good, I love raw tuna!" He cracked that little smile and said "Rare, then?" And she loved the lobster bisque too and asked for the recipe.

First of all, thanks for all the nice comments, and great job for those of you who are still plowing your way through these long verbose reviews. Keep trying to cut them down, then I think of something else, so, sorry and here's Mexico.

Supper at San Angel Mexican Cuisine

There were people waiting when we arrived, So we thought we would ride Rio de Tiempo while we waited. There was a rope up and the young cast members advised that it was closed for a while. I said “Que' lastima!” (probably a bit dramatic for the situation, but I rarely get to use my Junior High Spanish:) Roughly traslated “What a shame!” They laughed and repeated the phrase, agreeing, “si, que lastima!” We looked through the marketplace to take time, and (apologies regarding another thread on the Theme Parks Board) had pictures taken wearing the sombreros. Bought a few items and chatted with a cast member Mark who has worked there for 15 years. Great job Mark!

We were seated in the little lower level near the Restrooms (always a good plan near the end of the day) Jorge is our server, and we enthusiastically greeted him with our Hola's and Buenos Tardes'. He made as if he was impressed then asked how much of our high school Spanish we remembered. (Check the first post, high school was a LONNNGGG time ago). The rest of the group had already used up their phrases, but I bravely offered that “Louisa had a cold, and I hoped she would be better soon!” He exclaimed “Muy Bien!!” and asked me if I could count to 15 en espanol. I did, and without a blink, he said “Now do it backwards!” I did, while my group gaped at me open mouthed. (When I'm tired, there are days I couldn't count to 15 in English) They were so impressed, It made DCH journal in Caps!!! If only I could use my powers for good... Anyway,

Appetizers Sope, Sopa, and 2 Ceviche
Sope Tradicional - grilled soft corn shell filled with chicken and refried beans, covered with fresh green tomato sauce, fresh cheese and onions, served over a bed of lettuce
Sopa Azteca - Traditional tortilla soup with avocado, cheese and pasilla pepper-Very nice!
Ceviche - Seafood marinated in lime juice with tomatoes, chiles, onions and cilantro- This was my very favorite appetizer at Christmas and I have been thinking about it ever since. The fresh seafood is marinated in the lime juice, so it is the acid that actually cooks it. It is served cold and is very refreshing. Sure you east and west coasters get it all the time, but not much great seafood here on the plains.

Entrees
Filete Motuleno - Grilled beef tenderloin over black beans and melted cheese, sauce ranchero, poblano pepper strips and grilled plantains- very nice, loved the plantains, again, big cheese fans!
(grilled tenderloin w camerones y poloys y chayotes y arroz)
Combinacion Cozumel
- Grilled beef tenderloin, marinated shrimp and roasted chayote served with spicy ranchero sauce, poblano pepper mashed potatoes and grilled vegetable
pollo las rajas- Grilled chicken breast served over red peppers, onions, chile poblano, chorizo and melted cheese

Desserts:
2 Flan de Vanilla - vanilla custard in syrup, topped with roasted almonds Nice, smooth, think Mexican crème brullee :)
Capirotada de Chocolate Blanco - white chocolate and golden raisin bread pudding served with Mexican milk caramel - I am not a huge bread pudding fan (too much milk toast as a child) But this was very good, if you Like bread pudding, I'm betting it's excellent!
Arroz con Leche - rice pudding with raisins and cinnamon, done very well!

Jorge was attentive, refills were prompt, the place was packed, and we enjoyed the beautiful dishes and glasses in this restaurant. The sky is lovely, and even though we were on the side, think it felt like we had a little more space than up in the main area.

SanAngel1.jpg

SanAngel3.jpg

SanAngel6.jpg

SanAngel7.jpg

SanAngel8.jpg

SanAngel9.jpg

SanAngel10.jpg

SanAngel11.jpg

Next up- Our Last TS-BOMA

I've loved your reviews! We are dining at several of the same spots and it's good to hear great things about them =)

Re: San Angel Inn.... I am so impressed with your skills! Great review... we will be there in a week and a half. Looking forward to Sopa Azteca!

Thanks again for keeping us entertained!!

Buffet Supper at “Boma” We arrived early for a 5:00 seating, were seated and eating before 4:45
This was our Last TS for the trip, and by this time we had reached a level of perpetually full. Being the troupers we are, we still managed to put a significant dent on the buffet “pods”

Our server Pedro was young and eager to please, this was our tribute meal to DC's daughter who has done mission work in Africa, and plans to return permanently upon completion of her RN at the end of this year. We asked Pedro if there was anything on the buffet that night native to Ethiopia but they had no offerings of that local that evening. Never mind, there was PLENTY to eat. Too many to list all, but some of our favorites included

Shraak biscuits
FuFu
prime rib
Salmon
BBQ ribs,
boboli
Soups, Carrot ginger
- This was my favorite soup, maybe of the whole trip. Smooth and rich, it looked like a bowl of melted velveeta. The ginger was perfect, and I had 3 bowls of this. The Chili Pepper pot has been another favorite that did not disappoint.
Chicken curry,
Falafel
Fuirtt
(Not a typo)
Coconut rice (REALLY good!)
Watermelon Ginger salad
Banana bread pudding
Milk tarts
(these were great, tiny bites topped with blueberries or strawberries
Zebra Domes
(quote from DCH journal-
BURP!! Oh Yeah.)
Yverta and Deniso Prime Rib Chefs- Magical taste of flavor strip (This is also from DCH journal. He loved the prime rib, and was particularly impressed with the natural marbeling throughout. He found the fat content just right, and well carmelized in the roasting.

Boma5.jpg

Boma8.jpg

Boma9.jpg

Boma10.jpg

Boma12.jpg

Boma13.jpg

Boma15.jpg

We LOVED this meal, and found it a fitting end to our TS restaurants, and left to MK by bus. Although this will be covered on Trip report, Ernesto had brought rain, and MK was virtually empty for our “last fling”. We rode PoC, Splash, Buzz, Alien, and for the first time I can EVER remember, sat on a bench with NO ONE on our street, and watched Wishes in the gentle rain. The perfect “goodnight” kiss.

Well, That's about it for our TS. We had the best time, all the meals were great.

For those of you who wondered the days of the weeks and times:

Thursday 7:45 Teppanyaki
Friday 8 p.m. Kona Cafe
Saturday 5 p.m. 50's Prime Time
Sunday 8:50 LeCellier
Monday 7:30 Coral Reef
Tuesday 7:30 San Angel
Wednesday 5:40 Boma

No real wait anywhere, most places we got into early. We consumed the most fillets and Salmon on this trip, with creme brulee running a sad third.

Thanks for reading, hope these reviews do someone some food, always appreciate those of you who help make our trips so special!

TTFN-
k

Thanks for the reviews - I love the detail you put into your posts and really enjoyed the pictures, too!

I thought your reviews were great and not at all too long or hard to get through, quite the contrary. I love reading the most minute details of the dining experiences here when I'm just about to leave for the world. I think you for keeping such great notes and taking perfect pics.

I agree...your posts were not long at all. Very informative and also extremely entertaining. I loved the pictures you took also.
I'm glad you had a good trip. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter