The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see this posted yet......

Copy of the email I got today via VS:

Dear Guest:

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the
recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee at Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use
the Walt Disney World® Resort shuttles at the resort.

We remain committed to delivering exceptional Count On Me! service and creating vacation
memories for you and your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to your stay at
the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

Sincerely,
Richard Scinta, Resort Manager
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

I wonder how they will keep track of who uses the shuttle? And if one person uses a shuttle one time would that mean a $12 charge or $12 x length of stay?

I like the Walmart on vineland... they have everything you could ever possible need as well as really fresh produce and premade stuff. I also really like thier selection of disney merchandise I got some really cute jammies my last trip. I know that flippers does deliver to BC as well as a few select places in the area. You can ask for takeout menus at the front desk. They are selective about who they let deliver to the resort.:)

I really liked their disney section too! My fave souvie last trip was pajamas I bought there! Pink/Black bow:thumbsup2

Even our local walmart at home is horrible late at night and always out of stock:confused3

I liked vineland, but shopped each time around 1-3pm

This will be our 7th trip to Orland We shop at Vineland every time and in my opinion it is one of the busiest in the area .Try avoid late afternoons evenings if you can, this is when its crazy. We have never had an issue with cleanliness more so than other places,picked over yes! We now try to go between 7-10 am . Turkey lake is the one I avoid,always under staffed long waits! It all has to do with management, and the day I guess. my wife is a former manager so we have to go to all Wal marts were ever we go. We will be arriving on Thursday,this is our second stop.We will make sure to look things over and comment. Publix are top notch to but when buying for five you can really see the difference in price, if that matters?, we have been to most of them in the area I would say that the best one(breads pastries) is one Sand Lake. I try to get there around 830 am just after they open. ps be aware of traffic back ups on I4 take Vineland to Palm parkway turns to Turkey lake to Sand lake in the early morning. John young off of Sand lake rd,west there is another Walmart.

Does anyone take their own beach towels from home so they don't have to fool with checking out the pool towels? Or am I nuts for even thinking that? I don't mind washing them and that way the lovebugs have their favorite towels. Ever see anyone do this?

Does anyone take their own beach towels from home so they don't have to fool with checking out the pool towels? Or am I nuts for even thinking that? I don't mind washing them and that way the lovebugs have their favorite towels. Ever see anyone do this?

We took our own, but I got a couple from there to use as well. I was nervous wreck for the course of our stay worrying that I was going to lose them and have to pay the $20ish replacement fee per towel. From now on, we will always take our own when we stay at WBC. For us, it wasn't inconvenient to get them, but it was frustrating to have to sign something saying I woul pay huge fine if I didn't return them to the activity desk at the end of the stay. I had to make a point of going to the activity desk when someone was there to return them rather than just being able to throw them in a bin when leaving the pool.

In regard to the walmart on Vineland...
I'm a morning person and am always at Walmart first thing..... if you go late at night yah its gonna be lacking (salespeople stock overnight) and it is one of the busiest stores in the area. And I've NEVER seen it dirty in All of my visits 3 vacations last year with multiple visits over there.. Yah they may have had pallets that they were unloading but as someone who works in a supermarket that does not bother me.... product comes in off the trucks on pallets, so you expect them to offload pallets so you dont see them on the salesfloor. Just not realistic!
Good Luck!

We took our own, but I got a couple from there to use as well. I was nervous wreck for the course of our stay worrying that I was going to lose them and have to pay the $20ish replacement fee per towel. From now on, we will always take our own when we stay at WBC. For us, it wasn't inconvenient to get them, but it was frustrating to have to sign something saying I woul pay huge fine if I didn't return them to the activity desk at the end of the stay. I had to make a point of going to the activity desk when someone was there to return them rather than just being able to throw them in a bin when leaving the pool.

Thank you for your reply - I think we will just take our own pool towels. I don't want to be worrying about losing them the entire time we are there

I didn't see this posted yet......

Copy of the email I got today via VS:

Dear Guest:

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the
recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee at Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use
the Walt Disney World® Resort shuttles at the resort.

We remain committed to delivering exceptional Count On Me! service and creating vacation
memories for you and your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to your stay at
the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

Sincerely,
Richard Scinta, Resort Manager
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

I'm confused. Does it cost to use Bonnet Creek's shuttle to WDW or not? Is it $12 per person or per room if they do charge?

I'm confused. Does it cost to use Bonnet Creek's shuttle to WDW or not? Is it $12 per person or per room if they do charge?

Good points. I'm going to guess that it's a choice when you check in, pay $12 per day for length of stay and everyone in the room gets a "ticket" for the shuttle. Pure speculation but it seems like the only thing they could do and make it fair.

Can anyone tell me whichbtower the 2 Br presidential units are located? I initially booked a 3 br presidential which are all located in tower 6. Just curious to see which tower the two bedrooms presidential are located. Thx!

Can't wait! We're staying at Bonnet this June for our wedding!

So if anyone sees a bride and a wedding party in the early morning on June 27, It's me!

Can anyone tell me whichbtower the 2 Br presidential units are located? I initially booked a 3 br presidential which are all located in tower 6. Just curious to see which tower the two bedrooms presidential are located. Thx!
2 Bedroom presidentials are located only in Tower 6. Same goes for 1BR and 3BR.

Only the 4 bedroom presidentials are located in all the towers.

There are also non-presidential rooms in Tower 6.

It means instead of charging non-Bonnet Creek owners a mandatory $12-a-day bus fee (whether they use the shuttle bus service or not) now only people who want to use the bus service will be charged.

The details of the system they will put in place to charge for bus service hasn't been revealed yet as far as I know.

Sorry in my last post I failed to answer all of your questions. When we were there we could call and order our drinks and food, however we had to go to the bar (just a few steps away) to pick up our drinks and food. No one came by to take a drink order or food order or deliver.
Yes wireless internet was by the pool and we did use it.

I replied to your other questions in a separate post. Have a wonderful trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

Thank you for answering my questions! I was hoping the fridge was at least stocked with water and soda. Debating if it is worth the $50/day or not. We have a toddler so I would prefer to be in the shade and having the fridge is nice to store sippy cups with milk, lunch, etc :)

I've tried searching the thread, but was wondering if anyone has requested quotes for 2 BR vs. 3 BR, and if so what was the price difference?? I noticed Vacation Upgrades has pricing info for the 1 and 2 BR, but not the larger units. If the price difference is not too much we might forgo Windsor Hills (which we are considering) and return to BC :)

We are considering booking through Vacation Upgrades for our May 2014 trip. Does anyone know what their cancellation policy is? With the discount going on at WDW right now, it is cheaper to say onsite, but without it, it is cheaper to stay offsite. So if they have the deal again next year, we will most likely stay onsite. But we want to have a back up plan in case they don't.

my quote for a 2br deluxe from vs for 6 nights is 564 I got one from vu and farrells also and they were both higher

I have a few Bonnet Creek questions that may have already been asked, so I appreciate your patience. 2 full, and 1 extensive threads is A LOT to go through. :goodvibes

1. Is one able to send items ahead to the hotel that they do not want to carry with them?

2. Is there a place near BC where one can send items HOME from?

3. Has anyone used an in-room babysitting service at BC? Do they recommend a company? Or can you? We would like to have an "adult night" while we're there.

4. I have seen the google maps version of the BC layout, but I am a first timer so I'm hoping there might be a map someone can direct me to that has things labeled on it such as "where the fireworks are launched" or "pirate pool" etc. I'm hoping to have all my information about the layout in one place. I like to know before I go!

5. Can anyone tell me the estimated driving time from BC to the different parks, and the level of traffic you encountered on an early morning/end of the night run?

Thanks very much for your time and any information you are able to pass on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter