Credit in my Cruise Planner

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
I was pleasantly surprised to see a credit appear in my Cruise Planner. I assume it was from my travel agent for my upcoming Nov 2024 cruise on Icon.
This is the first time I've seen it appear online - previously it was available only after boarding. Does anyone know whether I need to spend this credit on pre-cruise bookings? Or will it carry over to when I actually board the ship?

I was pleasantly surprised to see a credit appear in my Cruise Planner. I assume it was from my travel agent for my upcoming Nov 2024 cruise on Icon.
This is the first time I've seen it appear online - previously it was available only after boarding. Does anyone know whether I need to spend this credit on pre-cruise bookings? Or will it carry over to when I actually board the ship?
It should carry over until you board the ship. We have some credit from the BoA card that we'll use on board (but it's available now if we want it).

It will carry over. There are usually two types of onboard credits you can earn. Those from third parties like a travel agent or those directly from Royal Caribbean. Typically any onboard credits you receive directly from your travel agent won’t appear until on board, but any onboard credit you received directly from Royal Caribbean would show prior to sailing which you can use now or save for onboard. We often book deals through our travel agent where we get one credit from the agency and another from royal caribbean.

Not that I'm complaining, but I haven't received credit from RC like this before. I don't believe there was a promotion when booking. Is it a frequent cruiser thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter