The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
blakefamily said:
I asked this before but didn't get a response so i am trying again :) If we decide to take a red eye and arrive in Orlando @ 6:15 am and then get breakfast and hit a store before coming to WBC, will let let us us the pool until a room is available? Trying to decide if its worth it to take the red eye : )

Yes they will let you use the pools as well as store your groceries in a refrigerated space.

staticmap

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

Anyone have pictures of the cabanas at Tower 4? Also, is there a limit on the number of people who can use the cabana? Our family will be mostly interested in the lazy river, but I thought it would be good to have a cabana for anyone who wanted some time out of the sun.

Hey everyone, we are heading down this weekend for our first stay at BC.

Since there is not regular housekeeping during the week, how is trash handled? Is there a trash chute we take trash to? Do we need to bring trash bags? Seems like a silly question to be wondering I guess.

Another quick question, are there toasters in the rooms?

Thanks

Anyone have pictures of the cabanas at Tower 4? Also, is there a limit on the number of people who can use the cabana? Our family will be mostly interested in the lazy river, but I thought it would be good to have a cabana for anyone who wanted some time out of the sun.

If you do a search for Bonnet Creek Cabanas you will find them. I took some photos however do not know how to upload them.. Tech challeneged here. I will do a google search and see if I can find the link. The ones at Tower 4 are wooden with a thatched roof. The ones at Tower 6 near pirate pool are tents. I found it on Trip Advisor... http://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...dham_Bonnet_Creek_Resort-Orlando_Florida.html

Hope this is helpful

Hey everyone, we are heading down this weekend for our first stay at BC.

Since there is not regular housekeeping during the week, how is trash handled? Is there a trash chute we take trash to? Do we need to bring trash bags? Seems like a silly question to be wondering I guess.

Another quick question, are there toasters in the rooms?

Thanks

There is a trash chute on every floor to place your trash in. Our unit had trashbags.. Also our unit also had a toast, blender, coffee maker.. etc. Have a wonderful time!

nancy155 said:
There is a trash chute on every floor to place your trash in. Our unit had trashbags.. Also our unit also had a toast, blender, coffee maker.. etc. Have a wonderful time!

Thanks!

Wasn't sure if I'd need to bring some. Good to know about the toaster, I had already planned on bringing our press pot for coffee, but we are waffle people in the morning, and didn't want to lug a toaster down.

Thanks!

Wasn't sure if I'd need to bring some. Good to know about the toaster, I had already planned on bringing our press pot for coffee, but we are waffle people in the morning, and didn't want to lug a toaster down.

If you have tall kitchen bags at home bring 1 or 2.....we only had 2 in our suite.

Hi folks. I think we are convinced to try Bonnet Creek on our next trip. We just can't comprehend the prices at Disney any more and we think BC will give us everything we need and want.

I have been trying to read all the threads but wasn't sure of the answer.

Do we need to check in or out on a specific day of the week? We'd like to do 10 or 11 nights, Thanksgiving week and into the next week. Just wondering what restrictions we might have.

If we get it, what are the best buildings to request for good parking and a view of a theme park. Don't necessarily need fireworks but would love to see Epcot from our balcony. It seems like building 2 could be good, 7th floor or above. How's that sound?

dancin Disney style said:
If you have tall kitchen bags at home bring 1 or 2.....we only had 2 in our suite.

They will bring you more trash bags, just call housekeeping and ask for some.

Thanks for the help. This whole Bonnet Creek thing is got me scrambling for information and wondering if I really will be happy staying off property. I love my disney breakfast especially at Riverside in the mill and not having the extra magic hours will be weird.

On the extra magic hours can we still stay in the park but just not be able to ride on the rides?

I disagree. You can stay in the park and shop, eat, people watch etc. But you will not be able to ride the rides. If you are spending $ they are not going to kick you out. The only way they can tell if you are staying on property is by your room keys when you try to get on a ride.

We are trying the Bonnet Creek for the first time this late may/early june for 8 days. We have always been onsite people. A friend of a friend is letting us have a 3 bedroom for about $150. Is this a good price? It seems like a great deal to us. We usually stat at Riverside for a moderate and Grand Floridian for a deluxe but have never been to any value resort. Of course we have resort hopped around and would like to stay at several others for sure. We are WDW vets and even Disneyland VETS now. We are a family of five but are taking a friend of my oldest daughter so we need the room.

Will we have to pay parking?
Will we be subject to a hard sell for a time share?
Is $150 a good price for a 3 bedroom each night?

I've just started researching this

thread and others as I find them. Thanks for the help.

Also the main reason for going is that my yougest kids are in high school band event at SeaWorld and Universal.

We went to the time share fully knowing that they would be obnoxious. But we were interested and you can't get all the info on line to analyze so we did it.
It was a mistake. After a couple hours I was done, then after you are "done" there are several more attempts, moves to different rooms etc. There is no place to occupy your kids. When you go "out back" it is like a factory. In addition, the incentives they give you are very misleading. A free vacation has 45 different steps with fees, blackout dates etc. We didn't even try. We did get the info we wanted and decided ownership was not for us. Just be prepared, it was worse than I ever imagined.

We went to the time share fully knowing that they would be obnoxious. But we were interested and you can't get all the info on line to analyze so we did it.
It was a mistake. After a couple hours I was done, then after you are "done" there are several more attempts, moves to different rooms etc. There is no place to occupy your kids. When you go "out back" it is like a factory. In addition, the incentives they give you are very misleading. A free vacation has 45 different steps with fees, blackout dates etc. We didn't even try. We did get the info we wanted and decided ownership was not for us. Just be prepared, it was worse than I ever imagined.

I figured it might get ugly. I really didn't want to choose this hotel but with the extra friend tagging along with my oldest daughter we couldn't afford to spring for two rooms at a moderate. We will just have to make the best of it and try the suggestions on marking the lowest wage possible and telling them that we have several ressies already planned out. Thanks for all the insight thus far. It really helps!

I figured it might get ugly. I really didn't want to choose this hotel but with the extra friend tagging along with my oldest daughter we couldn't afford to spring for two rooms at a moderate. We will just have to make the best of it and try the suggestions on marking the lowest wage possible and telling them that we have several ressies already planned out. Thanks for all the insight thus far. It really helps!

No need to be bothered by the hard sell. Just remember: on ebay, a 192,000 point Bonnet Creek contract just sold for $305. When I was there in November, they wanted to sell me "dirt cheap" points: 85,000 points at Cypress Palms for $13,000!

I don't understand all the drama about the hassle. It takes all of one minute to say no at the parking pass stand.

If you choose to go to the presentation you can choose to leave at the end of the allotted time (90 min or 2 hour forget which. Just ask for then to sign the paperwork and head for the door. No one has ever reached out with a hook and brought us back, and we always get the gift.

You would think they would stop inviting me since I am an owner and they have lots of info on me.

I don't understand all the drama about the hassle. It takes all of one minute to say no at the parking pass stand.

If you choose to go to the presentation you can choose to leave at the end of the allotted time (90 min or 2 hour forget which. Just ask for then to sign the paperwork and head for the door. No one has ever reached out with a hook and brought us back, and we always get the gift.

You would think they would stop inviting me since I am an owner and they have lots of info on me.

The drama is this is my first time to a time share and wasn't sure how persistent they might be in selling there units. I do appreciate everyone's information. Thanks again to all.

The drama is this is my first time to a time share and wasn't sure how persistent they might be in selling there units. I do appreciate everyone's information. Thanks again to all.

They are as persistent as you allow them to be.

I always go (but never buy) to any and all. I schedule the times around when I know my kids will be sleeping, and go earn some cash for the vacay. One trip to Orlando it rained a lot and I ended up with $900 in assorted gift cards. I never go for the trips they offer (too many strings attached). Cash or equivilents only and I never accept their first offer. They will generally up the offer. If they don't well then I don't go.

Yes I know the houly return is not so good when compared to salary, but it's a very good return when I compare to what I would be doing instead - watching tv.

No need to be bothered by the hard sell. Just remember: on ebay, a 192,000 point Bonnet Creek contract just sold for $305. When I was there in November, they wanted to sell me "dirt cheap" points: 85,000 points at Cypress Palms for $13,000!

The first rule of timeshare (and one we learned the hard way). Never buy direct. You can almost always find what you want on eBay for pennies on the dollar.

If you're serious about buying a timeshare, look into the Timeshare Users Group. Good investment for only $15/year.

I do have a question. Does anyone have a list of the cable TV stations shown in WBC?

They are as persistent as you allow them to be.

I think the problem is people (customers) don't want to be rude when saying no.

You have to get over it. You won't hurt the time share salespersons feelings. They get 9 no's for every yes. If not more. they are used to rejection.

They are tauught to "overcome you objection" so if you say no, we dont think we will ever come back, they have a canned answer to respond to you.

Simple closed statement of NO! be firm, but nice. There is nothing else they can do.

It's all people skillz.

I am considering going to the presentation while my kids nap...Are both adults required to attend though? I would like to go alone (leave husband with napping kids) and get the gift...Is this possible? And what is the gift usually?? I love FREEBIES! :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!