The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering going to the presentation while my kids nap...Are both adults required to attend though? I would like to go alone (leave husband with napping kids) and get the gift...Is this possible? And what is the gift usually?? I love FREEBIES! :):):)

If married both have to attend.

$125 amex gift card.

Our kids are older so they stay in the room.

I've made a game of it and think of it an extra unbudgeted meal out.

WARNING!

I've been to a number of timeshare presentations. Wyndham is, by far, the most high pressure of timeshare presentations. We bought into Wyndham (and their lies,) 13 years ago while we were still paying off another timeshare. They promised they would be able to sell the other timeshare.

We still own both timeshares.

Of course, we're older and wiser, with more disposable income and vacation time. Under RCI's new point system, we're vacationing once a year at better locations. This year, we're taking two vacations, one in Wisconsin Dells, and the other at WBC. We're going to WBC on Wyndham points. We still go to some timeshare presentations. But I'll never go to another Wyndham.

WARNING!

I've been to a number of timeshare presentations. Wyndham is, by far, the most high pressure of timeshare presentations. We bought into Wyndham (and their lies,) 13 years ago while we were still paying off another timeshare. They promised they would be able to sell the other timeshare.

We still own both timeshares.

Of course, we're older and wiser, with more disposable income and vacation time. Under RCI's new point system, we're vacationing once a year at better locations. This year, we're taking two vacations, one in Wisconsin Dells, and the other at WBC. We're going to WBC on Wyndham points. We still go to some timeshare presentations. But I'll never go to another Wyndham.

I think Westgate is the worst by far.

However,the one odd experience I had was at a Bluegreen presentation. The freakin sales lady followed me to the restroom and continued her spiel while the both of us were in a stall(at least we both had our own). True story and when we both walked back to the sales room I thought my husband was going to fall of his chair laughing.

Before I was an owner, my wife and I always did their presentation. It takes about 2 hours and in return you can get a $125 disney gift card. As long as you always give a no I am not buying anything today, you are fine. When you start saying things like "not right now, or I can't afford it," they don't let up.

No matter how great they make it sound, never buy from them. You can buy another Wyndham timeshare cheap and use the points for BC. I have never not been able to get into BC during any season (including Christmas).

A couple of questions, is there alarm clocks in both rooms? (we have a 2 bedroom)

Grocery question, which walmart is the best? Turkey or Vineland, I swear I have read there was one that was better but I cannot find the post and with the many pages it would take me all day :)

Thanks

A couple of questions, is there alarm clocks in both rooms? (we have a 2 bedroom)

Grocery question, which walmart is the best? Turkey or Vineland, I swear I have read there was one that was better but I cannot find the post and with the many pages it would take me all day :)

Thanks

Vineland is the better walmart in my opinion.... just a hop skip and away. Not sure about the alarm clock though....:goodvibes

We rented one of the Cabana's by Tower 4, which is the quieter area, last July 2012. When we rented it I called about a month in advance and asked how to reserve it. I was transferred to the activities desk and they took my name and date I wished to reserve the cabana for. I did not have to give them a CC number, just my name. The day it was rented for we had to be at the activities desk by 10am and gave them my credit card at that time to pay for the cabana. It was $50.00 for the entire day until midnight, if we wanted to keep it that long.

I really enjoyed having the cabana by tower 4 as it is near the lazy river and was a quiet area. They had it all set up with the TV a newspaper and a sign inside that stated we had reserved the cabana! Pretty cool. Also has a refrigerator in it as well as a locking cabinet to keep your valuables. It was well worth it and would do it again if there during warm weather and planning to use the pool.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

I have a question about the cabana--does the refrigerator come stocked? (water, soda?) and also is there a BAR near tower 4 and IF so do waitresses come to the cabanas to take drink orders :) And last question-is there wireless internet by the pools?

When looking at pictures on trip advisor I notice some rooms look newer/ recently renovated. Which towers have been renovated recently...We have a 2 bedroom thru RCI, I will call to request a fireworks view, but am unsure that tower I should request. Obviously we would like a newer renovated room, but we would also like to be near a pool that has a bar close and then of course a lazy river. What tower should we request? Thanks :)

Can anyone recommend the closest supermarket to BC? How about take-out restaurants? Has anyone ordered delivery to the resort? Thanks!

Can anyone recommend the closest supermarket to BC? How about take-out restaurants? Has anyone ordered delivery to the resort? Thanks!

I like the Walmart on vineland... they have everything you could ever possible need as well as really fresh produce and premade stuff. I also really like thier selection of disney merchandise I got some really cute jammies my last trip. I know that flippers does deliver to BC as well as a few select places in the area. You can ask for takeout menus at the front desk. They are selective about who they let deliver to the resort.:)

blakefamily said:
When looking at pictures on trip advisor I notice some rooms look newer/ recently renovated. Which towers have been renovated recently...We have a 2 bedroom thru RCI, I will call to request a fireworks view, but am unsure that tower I should request. Obviously we would like a newer renovated room, but we would also like to be near a pool that has a bar close and then of course a lazy river. What tower should we request? Thanks :)

I wouldn't stress too much over building requests. It seems pretty rare that people actually get what they request. It usually has a lot more to do with what is open at the time you are checking in. FWIW, we were in tower 4 in Oct. and they were redoing the couches in that tower then. We had a13th floor lake view, couldn't see fireworks but loved the lake view.

Thanks

Yes...both rooms have alarm clocks.

The Walmart on Vineland is only about 8 minutes away. The one on Turkey Lake Rd. will be a a fair bit further.

I have a question about the cabana--does the refrigerator come stocked? (water, soda?) and also is there a BAR near tower 4 and IF so do waitresses come to the cabanas to take drink orders :) And last question-is there wireless internet by the pools?

I'm wondering this myself too ???

I didn't see this posted yet......

Copy of the email I got today via VS:

Dear Guest:

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the
recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee at Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use
the Walt Disney World® Resort shuttles at the resort.

We remain committed to delivering exceptional Count On Me! service and creating vacation
memories for you and your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to your stay at
the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

Sincerely,
Richard Scinta, Resort Manager
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

blakefamily said:
I'm wondering this myself too ???

The refrigerator does not come stocked. there is a bar at the pool at Tower 4 you can order food and drink from that bar. There is also a phone located in the Cabana along with a notebook with all the menus from all of the food services located in WBC.

Mommyof3inVA said:

Sorry in my last post I failed to answer all of your questions. When we were there we could call and order our drinks and food, however we had to go to the bar (just a few steps away) to pick up our drinks and food. No one came by to take a drink order or food order or deliver.
Yes wireless internet was by the pool and we did use it.

I replied to your other questions in a separate post. Have a wonderful trip!

nancy155 said:
The refrigerator does not come stocked. there is a bar at the pool at Tower 4 you can order food and drink from that bar. There is also a phone located in the Cabana along with a notebook with all the menus from all of the food services located in WBC.

Thanks so much:)

We did NOT like the Walmart on Vineland. It was horrible! Went in late on a Sat night and they were out of EVERYTHING. They had large pallets everywhere but we were unable to find anyone to help us find what we need. It was dirty! I wouldn't go to that Walmart again-I'd drive whatever distance I had to to go somewhere else.

(Just our experience).

GraceLuvsWDW said:
We did NOT like the Walmart on Vineland. It was horrible! Went in late on a Sat night and they were out of EVERYTHING. They had large pallets everywhere but we were unable to find anyone to help us find what we need. It was dirty! I wouldn't go to that Walmart again-I'd drive whatever distance I had to to go somewhere else.

(Just our experience).

I agree it was really dirty when we were there and as you said pallets everywhere. I preferred the Publix store. This last time we put in our garmin to avoid toll roads and took a back way to the resort. On the way there we went right by a Publix so stopped and picked up our groceries on our way. Worked out perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter