• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know tower/room requests are usually a crap shoot, but if I had the choice I would prefer a pool or lake view unit over a fireworks view (lake and pool can be enjoyed all the time, while fireworks have a very limited window of enjoyment). I have somewhere in this thread that there is a fireworks viewing room for guests. Has anyone tried this? Is there seating available? How busy is it usually?

If you can get a high floor on tower three you can get both. Yes the other towers partially obstruct some of the low flying pyrotechnics but I saw the ones at epcot from the top floor of tower three right outside the elevators.

the balcony of our room faced the parking lot, I think the only time we ever went on the balcony was to see if the wifi strength was any better. I was super excited about trying to get a fireworks view and was initially dissapointed in the room we go but it ended up being a blessing a the kids like the pool right outside of tower three ( with the blue twisty slide the best) and the bar/restaurant there was pretty good.

We have watched the fireworks from the 4 bedroom suite on the top floor of the Torre de la Tierra building - the unit is the one that they show to folks when doing the timeshare tour. It has chairs and chaise lounges on the porch. There were several families the night we went up.

Do all towers have viewing areas on the roof?
If not what towers do have the viewing areas?

I think that there is a specific room to watch the fireworks but I dont know what tower it is in. If your question was to me, where I watched the epcot fireworks was not so much a room but the window on the top floor of tower three. I was not the only one to watch them from there but it is not a dedicated room

There's a room in the main building. When we checked in the parking pass lady told us we could watch from there.

can anyone tell me what we need to bring/not bring? For example, laundry soap, dish soap, towels, etc. Thanks!!

We have watched the fireworks from the 4 bedroom suite on the top floor of the Torre de la Tierra building - the unit is the one that they show to folks when doing the timeshare tour. It has chairs and chaise lounges on the porch. There were several families the night we went up.

Is this unit left opened or do we have to ask to watch fireworks from here?

can anyone tell me what we need to bring/not bring? For example, laundry soap, dish soap, towels, etc. Thanks!!

Towels, no. Pods were useful but we bought them in Orlando. The dishwater soap was okay but we did not cook much. I'd say tall kitchen bags would be worth getting, we didn't get a lot of them and they make passable dirty clothes hampers. We brought shampoo/conditioner they had some but they were pretty small.

We bought coffee filters with coffee but never ended up using the bought filters.

You can get towels at the pools ( signed to your room) I was super concerned about returning them but it was easy peasy.

Is there a laundry basket in the unit?

Sorry but I've got to ask.......laundry basket? Really?

To answer the question. No.
Does this mean you will be bringing a laundry basket with you I when you travel? Flying or driving?
This one has me :rotfl:

Is there a laundry basket in the unit?

No laundry basket in the unit. I always bring one of those pop open laundry baskets. They fold perfectly flat and slid right in the front of my suitcase. I keep it in the bathroom and everyone puts their dirty clothes in it. Its much better than stacking them on the floor. I do at least one load of laundry a day and it comes in super handy.

Sorry but I've got to ask.......laundry basket? Really?

To answer the question. No.
Does this mean you will be bringing a laundry basket with you I when you travel? Flying or driving?
This one has me :rotfl:

Some timeshares have them.

We always drive so (many people make fun of me for this), I just pack in laundry baskets. So much easier. I wash everthing before we leave and when we get home we just put the clothes away.

Oh and no dark little crevices for bed bugs to hang out in.

So I received an email from Farrell's Vacations this morning that Wyndham Bonnet Creek is implementing a $5 per person per day fee for the shuttle instead of $12 per unit. It is charged for each person age 3 and up. As we are traveling with one 3 year old, one 4 year old and 2 adults, that means $20 for us. That raises it quite a bit. I wasn't too pleased with $12 per day and the $5 per person is even worse.

westcoastgal said:
So I received an email from Farrell's Vacations this morning that Wyndham Bonnet Creek is implementing a $5 per person per day fee for the shuttle instead of $12 per unit. It is charged for each person age 3 and up. As we are traveling with one 3 year old, one 4 year old and 2 adults, that means $20 for us. That raises it quite a bit. I wasn't too pleased with $12 per day and the $5 per person is even worse.

That's the same situation we are in. Rent a car. It's cheaper. Dollar right now has a week long full size vehicle for $100 plus taxes for May. It would cost us $128 to ride the shuttle to the hotel. $14/day parking will actually save money. I doubt they will have many that will use that service at that price.

That's the same situation we are in. Rent a car. It's cheaper. Dollar right now has a week long full size vehicle for $100 plus taxes for May. It would cost us $128 to ride the shuttle to the hotel. $14/day parking will actually save money. I doubt they will have many that will use that service at that price.

Thank you for posting the Dollar deal for May. I hadn't checked this week. WAAA HOOO!!! :woohoo: We were renting a minivan and car. We're renting two full size cars. I just saved $208. :yay::woohoo::yay:

Cynt said:
Thank you for posting the Dollar deal for May. I hadn't checked this week. WAAA HOOO!!! :woohoo: We were renting a minivan and car. We're renting two full size cars. I just saved $208. :yay::woohoo::yay:

Glad to help!

I file this under the "be careful what you wish for..." banner. People were complaining about how the flat $12/per day fee per unit for the shuttles wasn't 'fair' because not everyone uses the shuttle... or how it made it more expensive per person for a 1bdrm unit vs. a 2, 3, or 4bdrm unit.... So the resort changed the plan to be more fair and only charge those using the service.

That being said.... I've always preferred to just rent a car and drive anyways. It makes things much easier, and when you factor in not only the new daily shuttle charges as well as the airport transportation, it just makes more sense.

Depending upon how long your trip is, It might also be worth looking into getting at least one person in your group an annual pass at Disney. It'll give you free parking (save the $14/day parking fee at the parks), as well as some other perks like discounts in the shops and some tableservice places.

...... Depending upon how long your trip is, It might also be worth looking into getting at least one person in your group an annual pass at Disney. It'll give you free parking (save the $14/day parking fee at the parks), as well as some other perks like discounts in the shops and some tableservice places.

I'll second the annual pass suggestion. We are going for 10 days, so if we choose to drive and park every day, we'd be spending $140 on parking alone, and the upgrade from one 10 day ticket to an AP would be close to $200. The AP also gets you shopping discounts and some restaurant discounts where you don't need to buy a TIW card.

We can get 10% off for lunch at a few Epcot restaurants, Earl of Sandwich for the fantastic Holiday sandwich, and all day at other resort restaurants so we feel we'll use up the $200 extra cost and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter