Souvenirs! What did you buy? Or wish you had bought?

I got them at the resort (Port Orleans Riverside) gift shop, but I saw them all over the place. They're darling, about the size of a double espresso cup (so, slightly larger than the tiny espresso cups). I love the vintage diner design on them.

I hope you're able to find them!

Thanks! :thumbsup2 They're great!

I bought a Minnie kitchen apron (and I am going to buy it again as it was ruined by accident).

And I want to buy something from the new Haunted Mansion collection. The candelabras and coasters look cute. :thumbsup2

I wish I bought a Disney pillow pet, they look so comfy! It would be a good travel pillow!

True confession about my Pluto pillow pet:
In 2011 I saw the Pluto pillow pet in Epcot and didn't buy it. I thought about it all night and the next day. I went back days later to find three of them on a shelf. I was standing there trying to pick the one I wanted when a mom and two kids quickly approached them. I knew I had to act fast, and I knew the one on the right was calling my name(yes, I'm strange). Before I could grab him, I heard the mom say, "look, Pluto," as she went to grab him and I heard myself loudly exclaim "don't touch him!" She grabbed her kids and walked away. I was so embarrassed, but I was happy to have my Pluto pillow pet.

Phew...feels good to get that off my chest.

In 2011 I saw the Pluto pillow pet in Epcot and didn't buy it. I thought about it all night and the next day. I went back days later to find three of them on a shelf. I was standing there trying to pick the one I wanted when a mom and two kids quickly approached them. I knew I had to act fast, and I knew the one on the right was calling my name(yes, I'm strange). Before I could grab him, I heard the mom say, "look, Pluto," as she went to grab him and I heard myself loudly exclaim "don't touch him!" She grabbed her kids and walked away. I was so embarrassed, but I was happy to have my Pluto pillow pet.

Ha! This made me laugh so hard!

Well here are some more finds....

They are slowly rolling these pieces out.. They can also be found at disneystore.com
If I still have any money aft new fantasyland, I would love the hourglass!
tag155551LARGE.jpg
tag155552LARGE.jpg
tag255551LARGE.jpg
tag455552LARGE.jpg
tag355552LARGE.jpg
tag355551LARGE.jpg
tag255552LARGE.jpg

Does anybody know if these are still in the parks? I'll be there in a week and I NEED THESE. NEEEEED. I just made the big move from college kid to 'college kid with an apartment to decorate' and what better way to not weird out my room mates than by insisting we have a year round Haunted Mansion themed living room? :) (I know a few things are online)

ROFL! Thanks for the laugh!

I am dying laughing at this right now :lmao:

I bought a set of the "once upon a time" pillows from the new Belle's gift shop that I really like. Also, my epcot world flag mickey's beach towel. From previous trips...love my pick a pearl necklace from Mitsukoshi. But the all time favorite has to be my Peg, AKA the large stuffed baby Pegasus that they no longer sell that I think actually was as soft as the cloud he was made from!

When I was about 15 and EPCOT was fairly new (about 27 years ago), my grandparents bought me a beautiful fan from the China pavilion. A cast member had written my name in Chinese on the fabric. (I'm sure there is really no Chinese translation for "Colleen" though. LOL)

I had it hanging in my bedroom for years and years and now that I'm an adult I have no friggin clue where it is. I think I may have to go digging in the basement to see if it's tucked into one of my old yearbooks or amongst some old stuffed animals. Suddenly, after reading this thread, I want it back.

My grandparents have since passed away and I am taking my husband and our two kids for our first ever trip as a family to WDW in a few weeks. If I find that fan, I think it may trigger some tears. But they'll be happy tears - for memories made and memories yet to come.

Thanks for sharing all of your memories, everyone. :hug:

Lol, that is a great story/confession! Thanks for sharing :)

"I thought of something I regret not buying. Back in the 80's (or 70's) they had souvenir poster size maps of the Magic Kingdom. I never bought one because I always thought they would be around.

Sadly they are gone. I really really regret that one."

I had one of those posters I bought in 1976! Hung on my bedroom wall for years! I have no idea what happened to it and wish I still had it now!

Does anyone have a price range for the pick a pearl settings? I would probably just get a very simple necklace.

This is one of the BEST shares I have EVER read on this board, thank you SO much for making me ROFLMAO for the last 5 minutes. Seriously, seriously hilarious! :rotfl2:

(and totally something I could see myself doing, right down to hearing one of the stuffies calling my name. :rotfl:)

Does anyone have a price range for the pick a pearl settings? I would probably just get a very simple necklace.

I was actually reading about that today. I saw prices people quoted from $16-$20 for just the pearl. You can purchase a mount or cage for it extra.

I remember seeing this in the 50th Anniversary for the Enchanted Tiki Room merchandise magazine, when it was rolled out to WDW, I contacted Merchandising and just had to get one.

9415644139_b13dc09db7_c.jpg

Love the mug!

If you use the search function you should be able to find alot of threads about pick a pearl. I know there is one that has pictures of the settings and you can see the prices.

My faves are my Mickey kitchen timer (use it every day), kitchen towels, and Xmas ornaments.

But I'm on the hunt for more "subtle" souvenirs like PP's bread bowl. Wonder where in AK I could find that??

My favorites were a Donald Duck watch and Epcot spaceship earth memory box. When my daughter and I went in 2007 the hunt was on for an Ariel plush doll.

I remember arriving that year and we went to the gift shop after a fin fills day at the water park. I was just so thrilled to be there and told my daughter she had her discretion to get what she wanted. After I said it I was regretting my generosity but without thinking about it she picked a toy cell phone with Ariel on it. Only five dollars. That's my budget conscious baby girl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter