Souvenirs! What did you buy? Or wish you had bought?

My 16 yr. old granddaughter & I did pick a pearl and my grandson recorded it for us. The other two souviners I am really happy we chose were a Jessie doll which my little granddaughter was carrying and Jessie signed it for her and then I chose for myself a tree ornament that is Crush and his little boy, I think his name is Squirt, riding on his back. When we went to the Turtle Talk show Crush picked my grandson and husband and had a great conversation with them so that ornament has special meaning for me.

There was a pair of Goofy slippers I wasn't allowed to get that I'm still thinking about 17 years later! :rotfl:

Favorite/best souvenir : My Maleficent Mickey Ears ornament...I had seen them online before we went last year and every time I saw a display of them I searched for hers. I found every other villainess, but no Maleficent until the tiny little Christmas shoppe in DHS. I saw them and didn't put them down until we got back to the resort.

Missed? If I hadn't found those ears...but really, my DH is an enabler and won't let me go home without something if I REALLY want it. All he ever wants is at least one T-shirt.

Regrets: I regret that they won't let me take home one of the HM bat poles, you know the one's that lead up to the doom buggies. I love those things and I don't find one of those HM bat bottle stoppers, I may just break down and cry. So, if any of you are in MK this September and there's a chunky Middle Aged lady sniffling every time she goes past the HM, know that I have not found my bottle stopper. :rotfl:

Ok not really a park Souvenir..
But I picked this up at toysrus today and plan to give it to me 18mo. for our trip in oct..
(Had planned on buying one of the babies plush but This cute Winnie the Pooh beats out the old plushies by a mile.. ) his little nose and ears even move!!
Clearance price of $22.50!!!! :yay:
http://youtu.be/m-4GAPs2GDk<<<<<<<<< Watch how pooh interacts
Winnie-The-Pooh-Rumbly-Tummy-Toy.jpg

While I love all the souvenirs I've gotten, since each one connects to the trip we took in some way, my favorite has to be the one I got by chance at Disneyland's California Adventure. My friend and I decided to play the boardwalk skeeball game and I won a Woody plush! I'll add a picture if I can find one.

I've gotten mugs (including one old style epcot cup), an ornament, a card holder, a notepad, a snowglobe, magnets, etc. Just got a bunch of postcards from Magic Kingdom, was looking for a new fantasyland thing but all they had was this weird cap. I used to have this nice light up thing with bristles that eventually stopped working

My Kroger supermarket had a Mickey waffle iron yesterday. It looked really close if not exact, but I don't eat waffles so I am not an expert on the Mickey waffles it was 25 percent off so maybe $23 after the dicount

I bought this. It is a thinner and wider version. There is more detail to Mickey's face in this one. They almost make more of a crunchy pancake. But $25 and we wanted a waffle maker anyways. So we have used it 3-4 times in two weeks.

Love it! Not too busy for me!

And love the new mugs, but I'm sure will change by the time we go.

My favorite souvenirs are the necklace, earrings & bracelet set my DH bought me for my 40th bday present while at Disney! Although they were pricey, they mean the world to me!

My all-time "Fun" souvenir is the Donald Duck hat! It's Donald's bottom half and his feet are sticking straight up! Love it!

My souvenir will be a silhouette of my daughters' faces and a Christmas ornament. Nearly all of my Christmas ornaments are from trips or have a special meaning.

For the girls I'm going to buy them charms to start charm bracelets for them, but not going to give them until Christmas.

When we were last at Disneyworld in 2010...there were TWO items that I wished I would have bought.
1) An awesome Mad Hatter Hat. From the johnny Depp movie. Ohhhh maaan it was niiiiiiiiiiice! I took a pic with it, and never picked it up.

2) The other thing was this fantastic Cheshire Cat sculpture. A Jim Shore sculpture/design. It was amazing.
I planed on getting it later but when I returned for it. It was gone. In EVERY place that I had previously seen it in the park. Gone!!
Ohhhh i was sooo bummed....
I will not make that mistake again.

:mad::mad:

In 2008 DH got me a glass square tile with coloured mouse heads in it, it is really neat. They had other choices then, I would love another one but have not seen them since.

We always buy a towel, I hope they have new designs in September.

We try not to buy a lot of souvenirs (we already have too much stuff in our little townhouse) and that is regardless of where we are on vacation.

On our first Disney trip, we bought our daughter the toy castle. It was just irresistible! I also bought the buy-back gift which was a nice rolling duffle bag.

Over the two trips, we bought pins for a few of our favorite rides- Kali Rapids, ToT, and Haunted Mansion. We also bought the limited edition Halloween pins at the Halloween party.

I saw a shirt in the ToT giftshop with Goofy, Mickey, and Donald smiling in color then screaming in horror, in black and white. It was awesome and depicted ToT perfectly. I didn't get it at the time bc I just wasn't sure i would wear it. I regretted not buying that shirt, so when my parents went two months later, I asked them to buy me the shirt if it was still there! It was.

That's all we bought.

I have a mug from the first time I took my DD 15 years ago. It is a heavy stoneware mug with Piglet on it holding Forget me nots and it says don't forget me. When ever I use t I think of all the smiles from the first trip that started my Dis addiction. I also get an ornament every trip. Last year I had to buy two due to one being broken during a Christmas cleanup. Then my mom bought me another one last year so I got three last year.

This year...of course an ornament, some kitchen utensils and I would love get the flatware set. Anyone know how weighted it is or is it thin and light? I prefer some weight to my flatware.

We buy an ornament every trip. I love the memories it brings while putting up our Christmas tree. One thing we bought that I regretted was a photo album. It's junk. The pages were paper and I have probably lost 5-10 due to my kids looking at the photos and the pages so easily tearing out.

I spent so much money on Hello Kitty stuff that I didn't have enough left to buy disney souvenirs! Next time, I'll have to watch that. I wish Mitsukoshi had Tokyo Disney stuff!

I usually buy one of the purchase for purchase items.......at least 1 piece of jewelry and pins (I'm a Disney pin collector)

I was actually reading about that today. I saw prices people quoted from $16-$20 for just the pearl. You can purchase a mount or cage for it extra.

If you use the search function you should be able to find alot of threads about pick a pearl. I know there is one that has pictures of the settings and you can see the prices.

I bought Cinderella carriage settings on eBay for 6 bucks a piece!!

Thanks everyone!

I saw a watch on my last trip that I debated on getting pretty much every day. I decided not to, but of course regretted it. So this next trip if I see something that I want, and I keep thinking about it, I'm buying it before we leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter