• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Souvenirs! What did you buy? Or wish you had bought?

I have the original design Disney Dooney and really want them to bring back the princess design. I have heard its discontinued. But one CM I talked to said they might bring the style back eventually. I wish I would have gotten it!!!

The new brown colored one I hated when I first saw it... But it's growing on me and I'm thinking I might need that one too or the charm one.

I am not a fan of the Vera's. I saw them at Epcot for the F&G and did not like them at all. Too bad.

The silhouette of my DD on her first visit! I can't wait to get my DS's on his upcoming first visit in December!

The silhouette I had done of my DD on her first visit. Can't wait to get DS's on his upcoming first visit in December.

One year we bought an ornament from every country in the World Showcase. Last year on the Fantasy, we bought the Thomas Kinkade Cinderella painting. Definitely my favorite souvenir!

How long would you say each one should last? A year or two?
For some reason I'm pretty hard on bags

I've had mine for a little over a year, the hardware and material is in great shape - no flaws. It's gotten a little dirty but nothing I can't fix :)

OP, that Dumbo popcorn bucket is adorable!

I usually buy jewelry, watches and collectibles. I started a new tradition..I get the little crystal figurines at Arribas brothers, they usually run about $20-$25. I am also starting with the kitchen stuff.

Bought perfume at the Givenchy store in Epcot- every year they do an Epcot exclusive. The perfume goes a long way too. And I love bags. I like the Vera bradley ones..I'll probably get one in the black pattern.

May I ask when you bought them? I've been looking for the pink and green one but I believe it's discontinued?

I have the blue with disney sketches cross body Dooney. I love it! I'm surprised with how much I can fit in that little thing!!

Sorry it was a couple of years ago. I liked that they were fabric rather than the plastic kind of style that they all seem to be now.

How long would you say each one should last? A year or two?
For some reason I'm pretty hard on bags

I have used mine on and off over the years But they are in really good condition and seem to be well made. I don't use them everyday I alternate between other bags. DH is horrified about the amount of handbags I have

The silhouette I had done of my DD on her first visit. Can't wait to get DS's on his upcoming first visit in December.

The best souvenir I ever bought in Disney has to be between my lithographs I have hanging up in my room for Downtown Disney, my favorite being Minnie and Mickey on the Poly Beach looking at Cinderella Castle, and Olukai flip flops. These are the most comfortable walking sandals EVER! Can be found in many of the resort gift shops. I got mine in the Yacht Club. They are a Hawaiin brand and worth every single penny! :thumbsup2

Found a new item on my trip...

I love these...
They don't look like much, but they are wonderful.. I wasn't sure if it was going to be worth my money when I bought, but they work GREAT
They can hold a lot of weight, strong magnet, and are VERY cute. I got the bird, now I wish I had bought all 4!!!
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/magically-drawn-to-magnets-from-disney-parks/
dpm284664LARGE.jpg

dpm378542LARGE.jpg

I buy whatever I can budget. I always get shirts, pins and other cool things. One thing I must buy on this upcoming trip is an Art of Animation shirt from the hotel of course! It will be my way of promoting the hotel. I am trying to put together a list of things to buy. There is always that problem of things that I wish I could buy but are breakable or too big for the suitcase. Because there is always the matter of the flight home.

I thought of something I regret not buying. Back in the 80's (or 70's) they had souvenir poster size maps of the Magic Kingdom. I never bought one because I always thought they would be around.

Sadly they are gone. I really really regret that one.

DWs favorite souvenir is the Disney Pandora charms. I get her one for every trip, including our first time there dating, then our engagement, honeymoon, her 21st, and our anniversary. This time for Christmas, we plan on getting a Christmas ornament each day, as was suggested by one of the members here.

I, myself, am not much on souvenirs. I just collect pins relating to the things I did, places I stayed, and year I went on the trip. They're easy, fairly inexpensive, and they don't get boxed up and collect dust as soon as we get back from vacation.

I want pet stuff too! I asked a CM and they looked at me like I was nuts. :-(
I wrote Disney saying I wanted pet stuff back. I haven't heard from them :( People spend a fortune on pets-especially if they feel guilty for leaving them paw:paw:paw:

I am In LOVE with the Laila perfume at the Norway pavilion. When I step I'm that store I know I am in Disney World. Every trip I say that I am going to finally buy it but for some reason I always talk myself out of it! I am determined next summer to finally buy it!

Laila perfume is definitely one of my favorites. As well as, pick a pearl for me and my girls.

I NEED that Dumbo popcorn bucket!

Does anyone know if you can refill them? (at a cost of course :rotfl:)

The popcorn is just in a traditional popcorn box that fits right into the opening on Dumbo's back. So if they sell box refills, then yes. If not, then no.

I used to buy the Roots Spirit perfume at the Canada pavilion every visit. Sadly it's been discontinued. I even scoured the Internet for a bottle, but none to be had. Wish I had stocked up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter