Souvenirs! What did you buy? Or wish you had bought?

A few years back we were in MK and I saw the bronze statue of the Partners statue and just had to have it. Luckily it was the last one too. Although it wasnt cheap, too me it symbolizes everything Disney. I see it everyday in my house and it always reminds me of being there.

Mine too...I have been a Laila wearer for a few years now. I never put it on that I don't have. Disney moment!

When we were at Disney last, Geir Ness (who created Laila) was there - and I was able to talk to him for a bit, and it turned out that the first time I bought it was just after it was introduced... I thought it was funny that I had been wearing it (unbeknownst to me) since it's inception. It was a treat to meet him and he autographed my bottle of Laila and gave me a little gift that they had (apparently - according to him) put in the goody bags at the Oscars last year.

1. When i see the Disney bobbleheads i have to buy them.

2. The last time i bought the souvenir mug from Gaston's Tavern. I am a teacher and am always looking for cool mugs to drink coffee in. I came in with this one day and my (middle school) students loved it. They wouldnt leave me alone about it. Good buy and good talking piece. :)

My favorite souvenir from last April:

Seriously, the cutest espresso cups ever! Each set (cup & saucer) was $10, and I got a set of four. Expensive, but I use it all the time, and it sits out on my espresso machine as a decoration in-between use.

I don't normally buy souvenirs so I try to buy them when we travel or go on vacations. We often end up with junk but what I'm upset I didn't get were these cute couch pillows that had little sayings on them. I found them at World of Disney and bought my sisters them but didn't get one for me. I would love one so I hope we can get one this time!

Has anyone ever seen a "Chip" (not the chipmunk) coffee or tea cup? DW searched everywhere last time. She saw one on pinterest, but we couldn't find one on the net or at the parks...and yes, we scoured New Fantasyland and BOG. Kind of shocks me that they wouldn't have one...seems like the perfect opportunity to sell at BOG.

When we first went in 96' they had the Mickey Waffle irons. Back then they were $40. I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much for a waffle iron. 17 years later and I'm still feeling the regret. The last two times I've been there, I've looked for them, but they don't carry them any more.:sad1:

My Kroger supermarket had a Mickey waffle iron yesterday. It looked really close if not exact, but I don't eat waffles so I am not an expert on the Mickey waffles it was 25 percent off so maybe $23 after the dicount

Has anyone ever seen a "Chip" (not the chipmunk) coffee or tea cup? DW searched everywhere last time. She saw one on pinterest, but we couldn't find one on the net or at the parks...and yes, we scoured New Fantasyland and BOG. Kind of shocks me that they wouldn't have one...seems like the perfect opportunity to sell at BOG.

I have not seen one. I would also love to find a Mrs. Potts teapot. I swear I saw one many years ago, but nothing since then. I would totally stop in my tracks and plunk my money down for either of those items. I also don't get why they wouldn't sell those.

My favorite souvenir is a Mickey apron (red on bottom and black on top) from WOD. I had the characters sign it, and now it hangs in my kitchen and gets used several times a week. LOVE it!!!!!

On my first trip, I got a throw blanket that has the castle in the backdrop and Mickey and Minnie holding hands on a bench in front of the castle. Always get Disney memories when I cuddle up with the blanket on the couch!

My favorite souvenir from last April:

Seriously, the cutest espresso cups ever! Each set (cup & saucer) was $10, and I got a set of four. Expensive, but I use it all the time, and it sits out on my espresso machine as a decoration in-between use.

I love this! Where did you buy these from? If they're still at WDW, they're coming home with me :lmao:

We always get a Christmas ornament from the resort where we stay. It's fun to reminisce about our trips as we decorate the tree.

DS got a blanket from Mexico on our last trip that he keeps on his bed and uses regularly. I'm not sure if it reminds him of our trips but it reminds me every time I'm in his room.

My goal for this trip (way before I saw this thread) is to find several bracelets that will lay flat to my wrist (I write a lot at work so otherwise it's annoying) that I can rotate through and wear regularly.

I'm a HUGE Stitch fan and always get at least 1 Stitch pin per trip. I have them on lanyards hanging next to my bed.

Not Disney but...I love my Butterbeer mugs from IOA that sit on my mantle... they didn't cost me anything more than the inflated cost of the Butterbeer LOL

I love this! Where did you buy these from? If they're still at WDW, they're coming home with me :lmao:

I got them at the resort (Port Orleans Riverside) gift shop, but I saw them all over the place. They're darling, about the size of a double espresso cup (so, slightly larger than the tiny espresso cups). I love the vintage diner design on them.

I hope you're able to find them!

DWs favorite souvenir is the Disney Pandora charms. I get her one for every trip, including our first time there dating, then our engagement, honeymoon, her 21st, and our anniversary. This time for Christmas, we plan on getting a Christmas ornament each day, as was suggested by one of the members here.

I, myself, am not much on souvenirs. I just collect pins relating to the things I did, places I stayed, and year I went on the trip. They're easy, fairly inexpensive, and they don't get boxed up and collect dust as soon as we get back from vacation.

Where are Disney Pandora charms? I thought they were Chamilia.

Just back from WDW... my favorites from this trip: Monorail pen.

Also: from Epcot UK: red shirt with Mickey in a phone booth. At the Mission Space store I bought a Epcot shirt with the monorail and Mickey silhouette on it with vintage Epcot Center text. Classic.

In MK I also bought the Dumbo bucket and the Orange Bird souvenir cup.

My favorite is a carved wood bowl/bread basket I found in AK. It has a many of the tree animals carved into it in an open weave pattern. It's a long oblong/oval shape and long enough to hold a full loaf of bread. I sits on my counter everyday! Love the subtle Disney stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter