**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

ticker says one week and 4 days----woo hoo- 11 days to go- almost to single digits and can do online check in tomorrow!!!!! :santa::santa::santa::santa:

just working today and tomorrow, hoping to get off a little early tomorrow- we will see- they usually let us go at 2pm on the day before a holiday, although they aren't very consistent with it, i hope we get off early! it will be so dead around here anyways. i don't have enough vacation to take off- gotta save it all for disney in 11 days and for next October's trip!

so has anyone heard anything else on the TA hours? i haven't seen those hours reflected yet on the WDW site or any other site for that matter. Usually the TA site is accurate, but who knows. i wish they would post it already or deny if those are false.

If I do online check in and then need to add 2 children to a reservation three days or so before arrival (some family will be in the area and we have offered to let the kids come to WDW with us) can I do that? Or once I do online check in am I stuck and uinable to change anything?

Thanks!

Today is 9 days before I leave on my red eye flight and 10 days before I check in to the resort!! So excited!

If I do online check in and then need to add 2 children to a reservation three days or so before arrival (some family will be in the area and we have offered to let the kids come to WDW with us) can I do that? Or once I do online check in am I stuck and uinable to change anything?

Thanks!

Today is 9 days before I leave on my red eye flight and 10 days before I check in to the resort!! So excited!
hmmmm.....i would guess you probably want to check in on site then? when you do online check in- they simply prepare a folder with all your check in documents and keys and all. then you just simply go in, pick it up and leave, pretty much. So if the info is going to change between 10 days and arrival, it is possible that folder won't be accurate then. they don't usually prepare the folder until days before I would guess, but still, i think you are better off waiting???anyone else know?

Thanks! Anyone else have any idea?

Also regarding online check in...does doing online check in early increase your chances of getting any specific requests you noted when you made the reservation? For example I am staying at CSR and requested Castitas 1 2 or 3. Will doing online check in improve my chances of getting that or is it better to wait until I am there so I can discuss room options directly with the front desk cast member?

Thanks! Anyone else have any idea?

Also regarding online check in...does doing online check in early increase your chances of getting any specific requests you noted when you made the reservation? For example I am staying at CSR and requested Castitas 1 2 or 3. Will doing online check in improve my chances of getting that or is it better to wait until I am there so I can discuss room options directly with the front desk cast member?
that's a good question, i know you can add up to two room requests on online check in- but not really sure if your chances are better if you do regular vs online check in- i think it just depends on availability and the CMs working that day etc.

Also- if you do find once assigned a room, that you don't care for the location at all, you can always calls the front desk and just ask to be moved- it can't hurt- all they can say is no, so it is worth a try- right?:confused3:goodvibes

It has been so hard to keep the secret! Holy cow it's getting close.

How are you telling your kids?

We are going to set up our Christmas tree this weekend. The day we leave, we'll wake the kids around 6:30 (the time my oldest is usually heading out the door for school)--we are going to tell him he gets to stay home as a treat for his birthday (2 days before we leave) if he asks why I didn't wake him up.

Anyway, when they go downstairs, the tree will be lit, and a large box will be underneath. It will be filled with mickey balloons, and have a note attached from Santa telling them that they were so good this year, he wanted to leave them a present early. My oldest will have to read the note out loud while daddy is videotaping :) I'm hoping they are super excited! We head for the airport around 8:30, so that gives them a little time to get their stuffed animals in their backpacks, and to put on their "SURPRISE, WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD" t-shirts!!!!!! We're on the deluxe dining plan, have MVMCP tickets, plan to see Fantasmic and all the fireworks---it's going to be an awesome trip. We went in June of this year, and have been telling them it will be a few years before we get back to Disney :thumbsup2 I can't wait!!!!!!!

We are going to set up our Christmas tree this weekend. The day we leave, we'll wake the kids around 6:30 (the time my oldest is usually heading out the door for school)--we are going to tell him he gets to stay home as a treat for his birthday (2 days before we leave) if he asks why I didn't wake him up.

Anyway, when they go downstairs, the tree will be lit, and a large box will be underneath. It will be filled with mickey balloons, and have a note attached from Santa telling them that they were so good this year, he wanted to leave them a present early. My oldest will have to read the note out loud while daddy is videotaping :) I'm hoping they are super excited! We head for the airport around 8:30, so that gives them a little time to get their stuffed animals in their backpacks, and to put on their "SURPRISE, WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD" t-shirts!!!!!! We're on the deluxe dining plan, have MVMCP tickets, plan to see Fantasmic and all the fireworks---it's going to be an awesome trip. We went in June of this year, and have been telling them it will be a few years before we get back to Disney :thumbsup2 I can't wait!!!!!!!

:eek: that is an amazing way to tell them! hope it goes well.. definitely film it to get their reactions!

I just have a Disney Florist stocking & surprise sleigh ride booked for my DF during this trip.. I'm still finding it hard not to tell him though! :laughing:

Emma princess: x

15 days to go :santa:

Mickey Mail arrived at our travel agent's office today!! My mom is going to be picking it up after work. It's nice to think about the vacation right now after we got a couple inches of snow yesterday and no travel is advised tomorrow due to forecasters expecting us to get more snow along with blowing and drifting.

Anyway, when they go downstairs, the tree will be lit, and a large box will be underneath. It will be filled with mickey balloons, and have a note attached from Santa telling them that they were so good this year, he wanted to leave them a present early. My oldest will have to read the note out loud while daddy is videotaping :)

Last time we went was september 2008 so it has been a while we usually go once a year. We told them we couldnt afford it this year

something came through we were not expecting

we will drive down not telling them where we are going. we will arrive after they should all be asleep in the car

next morning they wil wake up to gifts with shirts spinners and on our way to cape may for breakfast

deluxe dining plan. character meals every day, fantasmic dinner and hoop dee doo

I am bursting

I can't wait to tell my son! Just last night he was playing with Lego and held up a piece and said "doesn't this look like a Mickey Head"? I tell him a week from tomorrow and we leave exactly a week later!

:eek: that is an amazing way to tell them! hope it goes well.. definitely film it to get their reactions!

I just have a Disney Florist stocking & surprise sleigh ride booked for my DF during this trip.. I'm still finding it hard not to tell him though! :laughing:

Oh I forgot we are also doing the sleigh ride! I don't think DH is prepared for how decorated the sites will be, so I think he will be surprised about that part of it. Then when we get home, he'll want to decorate the house like that LOL.....

15 day forecast says it's supposed to be 62 for the high the day we do the sleigh ride (I know weather can change on a dime) but it's nice to hope that there will be a chill in the air when we are in the sleigh at 10 PM! It just wouldn't be the same in short sleeves LOL.

4 weeks from tomorrow! This week I really have to finish up all of my deco for the room!!! I broke down and got the Mickey head lighted wreath thingy and light up snowmickey from Walgreens. Just couldn't resist! I think I may now have TOO much stuff for our window! DH continues to just shake his head and say, "You are NOT putting any of that stuff in my suitcase, are you?" :rotfl2: Why yes, dear, I thought I would. I need the room in my suitcase for clothes for any type of weather!

We're telling DD on Monday, after all the cousins and everyone is gone after the holiday. I haven't decided how we are telling yet, though. Any ideas?

I did something similar last year but it was when we got back from spending Christmas at my mom's house (8hrs away from us). I said Santa had left a gift under our tree at home...it was an awesome reaction!!!

Is anyone going with us to the Fantasmic or Illuminations Mousetacular events?(Thursday Dec. 2 or Sat. Dec 4)

Hoping there might be some teenagers and tweens for my daughters DD16 & DD10 to meet!

My self-imposed task of the evening? Download all remaining photos from camera to computer, copy desired photos onto CD's and clear all memory cards for use at Disney! :surfweb:

yeah for treating yourself. i just did a mani/pedi and brow wax on sunday (the stupid lady took too much brow- way too thin now!!! ugh!). i plan to get another pedi probably during lunch on that thursday before our trip too.

Us too (myself & 2 DD)!! We're going back on the day before we leave for Mani/Pedis!! Don't want to worry about the nails while we are there!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter