**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

Single Digits!!! SOOOOO excited can hardly wait :) It will be -30(C) here overnight - can't wait to go to Florida and warm up!

Thanks Shelley & Vickies3js!
I had only heard about MK closing on Christmas Day, but my mind started going a little haywire about "what if..."
Thanks for the reassurance!
:santa:

Does anyone have experience with the parks closing due to capacity crowds? Does it usually only happen on Christmas Day? I'm really only concerned with our last day, the 23rd.
I was planning to try for rope-drop for the morning EMH (looks like they will be at 7am!) and spend 2 1/2 hours hitting our favorite rides.
Then head back to the resort to finish packing & check-out.
We have a resort ADR after that and then we would head back to the MK until we need to leave for the airport on ME.
Now I'm wondering if I should re-work my plan with the possibility of park closure. Anyone know when the park usually closes/reopens. Thanks!
I know historically the closures are really only typical of Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. So you should be okay prior to that, but it will still be packed. here is info on the phases/levels of closures:

WDW uses a staged system. Level 1 is normal, Level 2 is the suspension of all admission ticket sales, Level 3 is WDW Resort Guests only using WDW transportation with multi-day tickets, Level 4 is no one.

:cool1::banana:Doing the 20 day dance!:banana::cool1:

It has been a long week. My DF's dad passed away :sad1:and I (and two other barn girls) had to take care of the horses. While DF was away, I also had to sub at work to help fill in for some of her hours. I was up at 4 a.m. to be able to feed by 5:45, go to work, back to farm to do chores and feed again and I was in bed by 8:30 p.m. I honestly don't know how my friend does this day in, day out, 365 days a year, rain, snow, etc. I'm still trying to recharge my batteries! But in the long run, I would do it all over again if she asked me!:hug:
Also, her husband had been out of town for two months so she was doing most of this by herself!:confused3 Of course, now that he is back in town, he wants to schedule "horse games", where anyone with a horse (your own or borrowed) can compete in different games just for fun.:thumbsup2 Unfortunately, I cannot compete in this one because my hubby won't let me do anything risky right before vacation for fear of me hurting myself; Always a possibility because I'm such a klutz!:rotfl2: So, my horse will be in the games but I won't be!:sad2:
I am so ready for my vacation!:worship:
so sorry for your DF! sounds like you've been working hard- time for a vacation- right? :rotfl:;)

Hi All, I wanted to offer up two extra tickets I have for the December 14 MVMCP. They are for 2 adults and are free to whoever wants them. Just send me a PM. :santa:
so nice of you!!! i did that last year with one we couldn't use - it was snatched up fast!

I called late yesterday, and the CM told me she didn't show any of the Fantasmic shows that were supposedly added. I didn't see any of the "additions" on-line either.
The new hours that were posted in a thread are from the travel agent site which isn't for public consumption- and i don't think are supposed to be posted yet to all of us. So not sure they are officially released as of yet. i know, i was hoping to go in and try and get an earlier ADR for our CP breakfast, since they are opening earlier. but it wouldn't let me online yet. I guess we have to wait for disney to make it final.

In 2 weeks, we will be in Disney!!!!!!!! I am starting to pack and wondering if we should even think about bringing bathing suits. DD5 is going to want to try out the pool but I really dont think twin DD1 will be able to handle it. Last time we were there was in Oct and it was chilly, even though they say they keep it at 70 something.
So, bathing suit or not? Also, do people wear shorts in Dec or is it too cold?
still bring them. WE went Dec 10-20th last year and swam at least two days at the WL. It was nice enough. The weather is nice during the day usually- can be low 70s and many of the pools are heated anyhow. We enjoyed it. We plan to try and swim at least once this trip too. I guess it is worth a try and if you find it too cold for the little one, just let your DD swim?

For weather and packing- we wear shorts and capris during the day. WE change to jeans, long sleeves/hoodie for night. Seems to work well for us in December.

I am almost in single digit numbers - It can't come fast enough.

I am in a dilemma about if MK is really opening at 7 am on 12/5 - It was going to be a long day anyway as we weren't planning on going back to the hotel before MMVMCP, but if we get there at 8 am rope drop, we could feasibly leave around 1:30 to be back for a 5:30 ADR. But since it wasn't in the plan I am being thrown for a loop (plus we have friends who are joining us that day and planned on being there all day (but not come to MMVMCP with us) - but if we need to ditch them in order for the kids to take a nap, then so be it! Then I guess it would also give us an opportunity to change our clothes if it is warm during the day.

Hi All, I wanted to offer up two extra tickets I have for the December 14 MVMCP. They are for 2 adults and are free to whoever wants them. Just send me a PM. :santa:

A great big hug:grouphug: and many many thanks to Katie & Glen for the MVMCP tickets! I am still choked up at their generosity. This is really a payitforward world and I will be on the lookout for opportunities to spread a little pixie dust. Thank you again! You're awesome!:thumbsup2

PS. See you at the MVMCP DIS meet on the 14th!

I am almost in single digit numbers - It can't come fast enough.

I am in a dilemma about if MK is really opening at 7 am on 12/5 - It was going to be a long day anyway as we weren't planning on going back to the hotel before MMVMCP, but if we get there at 8 am rope drop, we could feasibly leave around 1:30 to be back for a 5:30 ADR. But since it wasn't in the plan I am being thrown for a loop (plus we have friends who are joining us that day and planned on being there all day (but not come to MMVMCP with us) - but if we need to ditch them in order for the kids to take a nap, then so be it! Then I guess it would also give us an opportunity to change our clothes if it is warm during the day.
i know, i wish WDW would officially post those hours if they are real. usually that site is correct, but until it comes from the horse's mouth, we can't plan!

A great big hug:grouphug: and many many thanks to Katie & Glen for the MVMCP tickets! I am still choked up at their generosity. This is really a payitforward world and I will be on the lookout for opportunities to spread a little pixie dust. Thank you again! You're awesome!:thumbsup2

yeah!! congrats! yeah Katie for your generosity! enjoy MVMCP!

You are very welcome. I am just glad someone will be able to use them and enjoy instead of them just sitting at home collecting dust. :santa:

We are all so close now!!! I'm having the Disney nightmares and a bit of anxiety about this trip. This is my step-sons first ever trip to WDW and of course, I want it to be perfect and I know that something will go awry and I try not to stress about it as I know there will be other trips, but I want his first trip to be full of happy memories. Ok, I'm done rambling now! :upsidedow

18 days!

I've got the stomach flu right now and I feel horrible! I guess its good I get it out of my system by Disney, but I'm so weak right now. Blah! To try and make myself feel better I'm having a Disney movie marathon. Hopefully this is just a 24 stomach bug!

Soooooo close to the single digits! Starting to look at the weather forecast for the days before we leave. Getting serious about packing. Freaking out because I have so much to do still!

Yay for 10 days! :banana:

so speaking of flying......of those flying, is anyone concerned about the new security measures? I have no problem with the x-ray machine. if it keeps me safe, so be it. They wouldn't be forcing all of this down our throats if there wasn't cause, which is a little scary in itself that they feel the need to go this far all of the sudden. makes you wonder what we don't know. but at the same time, i know if someone really wants to do something, they usually will find a way, no matter what security measures you have in place. I am just going to go in hoping the lines are not super long!!! glad we have the first flight out so lines should be minimal out of DFW.

ughhhhh getting anxiety over the plane already!
oh no- hope you are okay- can you take anything to help you relax?

We are all so close now!!! I'm having the Disney nightmares and a bit of anxiety about this trip. This is my step-sons first ever trip to WDW and of course, I want it to be perfect and I know that something will go awry and I try not to stress about it as I know there will be other trips, but I want his first trip to be full of happy memories. Ok, I'm done rambling now! :upsidedow
my advice is go with an open mind. don't set your expectations too high- because something surely won't live up- and not all due to disney, but i know you just can't plan for everything. just be flexible, relax and enjoy your family- you'll have a good time regardless, whether it is 'perfect' or not- together is what counts!:wizard: I used to get upset when everything wasn't just right, but i've worked hard to let go and just enjoy what life throws at you, perfect or not. :rotfl:;)

18 days!

I've got the stomach flu right now and I feel horrible! I guess its good I get it out of my system by Disney, but I'm so weak right now. Blah! To try and make myself feel better I'm having a Disney movie marathon. Hopefully this is just a 24 stomach bug!
boo! hope you feel better soon- but on the bright side, like you said, at least you are getting it now and not then. I just fought off a sinus infection- finishing my zpack today- it better not come back!

so speaking of flying......of those flying, is anyone concerned about the new security measures? I have no problem with the x-ray machine. if it keeps me safe, so be it. They wouldn't be forcing all of this down our throats if there wasn't cause, which is a little scary in itself that they feel the need to go this far all of the sudden. makes you wonder what we don't know. but at the same time, i know if someone really wants to do something, they usually will find a way, no matter what security measures you have in place. I am just going to go in hoping the lines are not super long!!! glad we have the first flight out so lines should be minimal out of DFW.

I'm with you. The more physical, even over-reactionary the search on me, the safer I will feel.

As long as I am not late for my flight, I don't really care. I don't think it really makes us safer, but I don't have an issue with it . . . at this point.

As long as I am not late for my flight, I don't really care. I don't think it really makes us safer, but I don't have an issue with it . . . at this point.
i have to agree that on some level, we aren't safer from the biggest threats, again, they will find a way. the smaller time guys, might catch a few of them, but again, in the end, i think people find a way regardless. :confused3

Should we get to the airport even earlier? Our flight leaves at 9:15 so I planning on getting to the airport at 7:30ish. We're flying out of Cleveland and even getting there less than 2 hours early we still end up sitting around.

Should we get to the airport even earlier? Our flight leaves at 9:15 so I planning on getting to the airport at 7:30ish. We're flying out of Cleveland and even getting there less than 2 hours early we still end up sitting around.

I would hope the scanners speed up the process. Austin doesn't have one - yet - so I don't know personally. Do they have a separate line for those who want/need a patdown so the rest of us can dash through the radiation and get to our gates? I see MCO has them, guess we get to try it on the way home.

Hi everyone!

Despite having two exams in two days time.. it's just 16 days til vacation now! :woohoo: ... 10 days of work, 10 gym workouts, 1 manicure, 1 haircut and 8 advent chocolates to go! :cutie:

Today Toy Story 3 has been released in the UK.. my bluray is on its way to me, although I'm not going to watch it til Weds night when the exams are done with.. then I can relax, enjoy the movie/cry at the end! :sad1: hehe. Can't decide if I want to meet Lotso at DHS yet.. he's not a very nice bear!

Hope everyone's having a good Monday!

Emma princess: x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter