**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

Hi!

So today is.... 2 weeks to go! 14 days! :yay:

and.. I'm exam free, finally! been studying for over two months so it's nice to know I can completely focus on December vacation now & all the Christmas excitement :santa:

I had 'Illuminations' music stuck in my head all day during my exams (6 hours 40 mins :eek: !) which was great, kept me motivated!

Only little annoying thing is that the postman hasn't delivered my Toy Story 3 bluray yet.. even though it was released in England on Monday and I ordered it a while ago! :sad2: .. not to worry, it'll be here soon!

Btw Happy Thanksgiving to all of you for tomorrow... I wish it was a holiday here too! :cutie:

Emma princess: x

Online Check-in - Check!!! :woohoo:

Packing underway!!

You are so right, there is definitely a cooler tendency... Forecasted highs and lows are running about 10 degrees BELOW normal! Better throw in some more socks in my my suitcase!! I probably wear socks less than 10% of the year here in the Dallas area!! :rotfl:

This {See link below} will work everyday with updated info... The forecast for the whole month of December!!

http://www.accuweather.com/us/fl/orlando/32801/forecast-month.asp?mnyr=12-01-2010&view=table

Hi!

So today is.... 2 weeks to go! 14 days! :yay:

and.. I'm exam free, finally! been studying for over two months so it's nice to know I can completely focus on December vacation now & all the Christmas excitement :santa:

I had 'Illuminations' music stuck in my head all day during my exams (6 hours 40 mins :eek: !) which was great, kept me motivated!

Only little annoying thing is that the postman hasn't delivered my Toy Story 3 bluray yet.. even though it was released in England on Monday and I ordered it a while ago! :sad2: .. not to worry, it'll be here soon!

Btw Happy Thanksgiving to all of you for tomorrow... I wish it was a holiday here too! :cutie:

Emma princess: x

So sorry about your Toy Story 3 - hopefully it will be in the next post!! :goodvibes

Happy Thanksgiving to you! You can still be thankful with us!! If nothing else, be thankful you're going to Disney soon!!! I am so thankful!!

Going to go out now and deliver :drive: Cowboy Tickets for tomorrows game to a couple that bought our season tickets for tomorrow and drove down from Iowa...

Then taking my girls to see "Tangled"!! :3dglasses

Check out this really cool Elf hat. I bought one each for DS & DD. It will be so cute for MVMCP!

I got some Elf hats that the little balls on the ends light up!! Looks like or at least similar to yours!! Got it from Windy City Novelties!

So sorry about your Toy Story 3 - hopefully it will be in the next post!! :goodvibes

Happy Thanksgiving to you! You can still be thankful with us!! If nothing else, be thankful you're going to Disney soon!!! I am so thankful!!

Going to go out now and deliver :drive: Cowboy Tickets for tomorrows game to a couple that bought our season tickets for tomorrow and drove down from Iowa...

Then taking my girls to see "Tangled"!! :3dglasses

hehe, yes I will celebrate tomorrow & be thankful for my Disney trip.. soo soon now! :wizard:

Tangled doesn't come out til late January here :rolleyes: - I don't understand how some films have simulatneous releases across the pond (like Harry Potter) but others don't?! - but next year Winnie the Pooh comes out here before America, crazy! :confused3 .. maybe DF & I can go to AMC Theatre in DTD and see Tangled next month! :goodvibes

DF is looking forward to watching the New Orleans Saints game on tv here tomorrow night.. American football seems to be getting more & more popular here! I'm trying to learn the rules :cutie: lol

Hmmm when should I start packing... !

hehe, yes I will celebrate tomorrow & be thankful for my Disney trip.. soo soon now! :wizard:

Tangled doesn't come out til late January here :rolleyes: - I don't understand how some films have simulatneous releases across the pond (like Harry Potter) but others don't?! - but next year Winnie the Pooh comes out here before America, crazy! :confused3 .. maybe DF & I can go to AMC Theatre in DTD and see Tangled next month! :goodvibes

DF is looking forward to watching the New Orleans Saints game on tv here tomorrow night.. American football seems to be getting more & more popular here! I'm trying to learn the rules :cutie: lol

Hmmm when should I start packing... !

Haha! I remember that when we were living in Wales! Star Wars came out in the States before we got it and my american friends were rubbing it in that I couldn't see it yet!!! That's funny that american football is becoming more popular over there, I think football (soccer) is becoming more popular here now. DD played keeper her entire high school career -last game was Nov 13 - :( and I'll NEVER understand offsides - I was always yelling at the ref when my DH was like "Shhhhhh, no, that's not offsides!" :rolleyes1

It is 82 here today and windy in Dallas. But supposed to get to the 40s and our first freeze tomorrow. stupid dallas weather!

i checked the accuweather extended forecast for our trip- it does up to 15 days out usually.....it actually is looking to be chillier than normal in FL if this is right:

date- high/low
12/4- 74/48
12/5- 65/50
12/6- 68/50
12/7- 65/42
12/8- 62/44

moz-screenshot-23.png

We have a meteorologist at my work, his take: while it is still far to predict the general idea is that the cold is moving slowly from the west to the south and the east, supposedly it is a slow moving system that will bring below normal temps into the south/east (and Orlando) in the 10-15 day period (early Dec really). The general thought is that things will warm up again after that, in the mid Dec time frame. But, weather is hard to predict so who really knows, just thought I'd share what he is saying right now. AT least no one is predicting the super cold temps!;)

We have a meteorologist at my work, his take: while it is still far to predict the general idea is that the cold is moving slowly from the west to the south and the east, supposedly it is a slow moving system that will bring below normal temps into the south/east (and Orlando) in the 10-15 day period (early Dec really). The general thought is that things will warm up again after that, in the mid Dec time frame. But, weather is hard to predict so who really knows, just thought I'd share what he is saying right now. AT least no one is predicting the super cold temps!;)

Of course it would have to be colder when we are in Orlando. :eek: My family always are at the beach the one week it does nothing but rain, always in the line in the store that ends up having some sort of a problem etc. We have learned to have fun anyway.

Of course it would have to be colder when we are in Orlando. :eek: My family always are at the beach the one week it does nothing but rain, always in the line in the store that ends up having some sort of a problem etc. We have learned to have fun anyway.

Then we must be related, because we have the same luck! Sometimes I think my last name should have been "Murphy."

I would rather it be in the 60's for sure! I really want the lows in the upper 40's for our sleigh ride night... I want my nose to be red when we're done LOL.... I can't imagine riding in a sleigh in a tank top or something ha ha ha. I think it will be much more festive if it's chilly :)

Hopefully the warm weather trend will continue, but not too hot! :cool2: I've just started working on shirts for me, DD and DS and they are all long-sleeved!:scared1: At least they aren't sweatshirts though!:thumbsup:
In 21 days we will be relaxing in the world!:wizard:

Hello Everyone :wave2:

Now that it's almost December, I need to start spending more time on the DIS so that I can hammer out my plans. This trip is the present I gave my mom for her 50th birthday. It will be me (27 as of 2 days ago), Dad (51), Mom (50), Sister (23), Brother (21). We will be there christmas day to New years day.

I hope everyone going in the next couple of weeks has a great time and brings the rest of us back some great pointers!

I was re-reading the old threads I had subscribed to for my first trip and found a post I had made after the trip.

I thought I would re-post it, hoping it would help others.

from January 2010, after we returned home:

1. Golf carts at the Fort are awesome for those with little kids and DON'T rent them from Disney. Kenny rocks. 407-276-0809 - half the price of Disney.

2. Get a stroller for older kids. My big 6yo hopped in and out, but it was great for long treks across the parks and back to the busses. Use Orlando Stroller. They are cheaper and more comfortable. My 2yo slept in it for two hours last night and it was plenty big for my 49", 55 pound boy.

3. Get there when the park opens. We did all of Fantasyland yesterday by 10:00 with 5 minute or less waits. We also used TGM's Least Crowded Parks guide and only went on green days, along with his sample park tours. We didn't do RideMax and didn't need it. (it was a really slow week) (tourguidemike dot com)

4. Take the "confirmed snacks" list. I forwarded it to myself in email and looked at it on my iPhone when I needed it. Funnel cakes by Liberty Square rock!

5. Get ponchos at the dollar store. It drizzled yesterday and they worked great!

6. Buy glowsticks before you go. However, not at the dollar store. One out of 15 worked. Try a party store.

7. Make a packing list and use it. I started with the Ultimate one and edited it for my family.

8. If leaving early, (like for a flight) dress and bathe the kids the night before. Then just throw them in the vehicle. We also did this on an early park day and it worked great.

9. Use Fast Passes. And you DON'T have to return during the time window printed. You can come back anytime that day!

10. Read the "What's in your park bag" post and decide what your family needs in their park bag. We used everything I put in but the band-aids! Put things you don't mind losing/getting stolen in a big clear ziploc and leave it in the bottom of the stroller. (diapers, snacks, etc) We just took the camera in the backpack on the rides.

11. Use gallon bags to pack the kids clothes and 2-gallon ziplocs for the adults (Wal-Mart) In each bag pack an outfit - pants, shirt, underwear, socks. Makes getting ready SO much easier - just grab a bag and get dressed! Also, fold the outfit flat as you can, and roll the air out of the bag (or sit on it) as you zip it. I am AMAZED at the amount of clothes we got in our suitcases!

12. Relax. If it's your first trip, remember it won't be perfect. The kids will still fight, your husband will still forget stuff, and they will still get cranky at nap time. Make your own magic. The highlight of my trip was listening to my 2yo giggle on the Mad Hatter Tea Party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter