New "Official" Frozen: 2015 Frozen Summer Fun June 17 to Sept 7!

Hmmm....Iam not sure I like the look of those deserts....Hope there are more? hopefully mickey ice cream sandwhiches...Just looks like a lot of rice krispie treats to me. uck..lemon curd?

Loving reading all about this package. The dessert party does look great!

My only niggle is the part she says about not getting the best view of the fireworks due to the stage. While I'm sure my children will like the stage bit going on, I'd like to see the whole spectrum of the fireworks :-/

She also doesn't mention any treats for the parade at 10.30 - or did I get confused/miss on that?

L
My only niggle is the part she says about not getting the best view of the fireworks due to the stage. While I'm sure my children will like the stage bit going on, I'd like to see the whole spectrum of the fireworks :-/

If the package area is the same as last year, then the view should not be bad at all. Even with the Mickey Hat, we had a great view of the firework last summer.

On the Inside the Magic they said the dates and then stated August 23 was an exception? I have my package already paid for on that date. Should I be concerned?

Who's ready for the show!!! Woohoo. It's been a LONG Monday and me and my pups are sitting outside looking for some lights! Got Illuminations and what I suspect was a glimpse of SeaWorld. Ready for Frozen summer and Wishes next. There is no wind up here. Experience has shown that very calm days get very high and bright shows. That's means I'm sweatin, but its gonna be good!

So, thought I'd pop in with a few thoughts on the package since we were there so early in the run.

We were at Studios on 6/18, almost entirely for the Frozen event, and had purchased the package about a month ago. We checked in about 9:30 and got our lanyards. Some people were already waiting for the parade and the treats cart was already up and running, but we decided to pop over and see the first (10am) showing of Frozen Fever before settling in for the parade. The short was super cute and well worth the time. When we got back, getting a good spot for the parade was no problem thanks to the way they had it set up - children were invited to sit up front, accompanied by a parent, and there was no standing allowed in that part of the area. My girls sat down in front while my mom and I stood behind them. The view of the parade was good, not great, but the better places were full sun and the package area was shaded. The characters seem to pay a little extra attention to the package area too; Elsa waved at my girls and commented that they look like sisters just like her and Anna (they sort of do - older DD is blonde, younger is a redhead, and when we met A & E at MK they made the same comparison). While we were there we each had a strawberry-lemonade bar, plus the girls each had a frozen lemonade cup and we all had a water or two each, which was heavenly since it was well above 90 that day!

After the show we used a couple of FPs for other rides and left the park for the afternoon. We'd made our sing along FP time for 7:30 and returned to the park just in time to keep that reservation. The package seating isn't the best in the house - it is closer to the stage than I'd like - but it was lovely not having to wait in line or use a FP+ selection on it. The show itself is absolutely hilarious, and we all really enjoyed it. Afterwards we went straight to the dessert party in the air conditioned Disney Junior building. The selection of desserts was okay. I enjoyed the warm apple crumble with ice cream and the berries & cream. I'm not a fan of chocolate so I can't give a fair review to many of the other choices but my girls had a little of everything, including a chocolate mint thing that reminded me of Girl Scout Thin Mints (one of the rare chocolate treats I enjoy). They especially loved the snow cones and Olaf's Summer Sunset (orange, passion fruit, guava juice). I enjoyed the alcoholic version of the juice punch as well and had two or three while the girls enjoyed their sweets and colored pictures. The only complaint I have is that the tables were all high tops with no seating. That was fine for the adults but not so practical for kids trying to eat messy desserts with a spoon!

About 15 minutes before the scheduled fireworks time cast members led us out to the fireworks viewing area, which was the same general area as the parade viewing. The dance party was still going on since F! had been delayed due to weather so the fireworks were going to be a little late, and the girls really liked having a little space to dance and play. I didn't think the stage detracted from the view of the fireworks at all. In fact, with the way the fireworks show incorporates stage elements with the characters I thought the location was quite ideal for having a good view of both parts of the show. And I love fireworks at Studios! I'd never been there for a fireworks show before and thought it was absolutely brilliant, all the more so since we weren't packed in like sardines on a steamy evening waiting for the show to start.

All in all I thought the package was money well spend. In the heat and the high summer crowd levels we wouldn't have taken the time to wait for a good view of the parade or fireworks, and the dessert party was a great way to unwind at the end of the evening. I was very disappointed with the Wishes dessert party on the trip we booked that - so-so desserts, a not very good view of the fireworks, and because it is the MK, no adult beverages - but the Frozen package lived up to expectations and is something I'd certainly recommend to others wanting to see all the Frozen elements without fighting crowds or heat.

Thank you @ Colleen27 for the review! I didn't think of doing Frozen Fever before the parade! Were those the only snacks available during the parade? Thanks again

During the parade there was an ice cream cart with the usual selections - the two lemon treats we tried plus Mickey bars and ice cream sandwiches, IIRC (as I said I'm not a chocolates person!). A similar cart was also available at the dessert party with chocolate covered bananas, Mickey bars, etc.

thanks for this review! it is so helpful. a question i had was that the parade supposedly makes two stops where characters go off their floats and sign/talk. when this happened, where was the parade relative to the reserved area? who was near you at that time? also, was the treat cart still available when the parade was over to grab some water to go and lastly, what time do you think we actually have to be at the parade location? thanks so much @Colleen27

So, thought I'd pop in with a few thoughts on the package since we were there so early in the run.

We were at Studios on 6/18, almost entirely for the Frozen event, and had purchased the package about a month ago. We checked in about 9:30 and got our lanyards. Some people were already waiting for the parade and the treats cart was already up and running, but we decided to pop over and see the first (10am) showing of Frozen Fever before settling in for the parade. The short was super cute and well worth the time. When we got back, getting a good spot for the parade was no problem thanks to the way they had it set up - children were invited to sit up front, accompanied by a parent, and there was no standing allowed in that part of the area. My girls sat down in front while my mom and I stood behind them. The view of the parade was good, not great, but the better places were full sun and the package area was shaded. The characters seem to pay a little extra attention to the package area too; Elsa waved at my girls and commented that they look like sisters just like her and Anna (they sort of do - older DD is blonde, younger is a redhead, and when we met A & E at MK they made the same comparison). While we were there we each had a strawberry-lemonade bar, plus the girls each had a frozen lemonade cup and we all had a water or two each, which was heavenly since it was well above 90 that day!

After the show we used a couple of FPs for other rides and left the park for the afternoon. We'd made our sing along FP time for 7:30 and returned to the park just in time to keep that reservation. The package seating isn't the best in the house - it is closer to the stage than I'd like - but it was lovely not having to wait in line or use a FP+ selection on it. The show itself is absolutely hilarious, and we all really enjoyed it. Afterwards we went straight to the dessert party in the air conditioned Disney Junior building. The selection of desserts was okay. I enjoyed the warm apple crumble with ice cream and the berries & cream. I'm not a fan of chocolate so I can't give a fair review to many of the other choices but my girls had a little of everything, including a chocolate mint thing that reminded me of Girl Scout Thin Mints (one of the rare chocolate treats I enjoy). They especially loved the snow cones and Olaf's Summer Sunset (orange, passion fruit, guava juice). I enjoyed the alcoholic version of the juice punch as well and had two or three while the girls enjoyed their sweets and colored pictures. The only complaint I have is that the tables were all high tops with no seating. That was fine for the adults but not so practical for kids trying to eat messy desserts with a spoon!

About 15 minutes before the scheduled fireworks time cast members led us out to the fireworks viewing area, which was the same general area as the parade viewing. The dance party was still going on since F! had been delayed due to weather so the fireworks were going to be a little late, and the girls really liked having a little space to dance and play. I didn't think the stage detracted from the view of the fireworks at all. In fact, with the way the fireworks show incorporates stage elements with the characters I thought the location was quite ideal for having a good view of both parts of the show. And I love fireworks at Studios! I'd never been there for a fireworks show before and thought it was absolutely brilliant, all the more so since we weren't packed in like sardines on a steamy evening waiting for the show to start.

All in all I thought the package was money well spend. In the heat and the high summer crowd levels we wouldn't have taken the time to wait for a good view of the parade or fireworks, and the dessert party was a great way to unwind at the end of the evening. I was very disappointed with the Wishes dessert party on the trip we booked that - so-so desserts, a not very good view of the fireworks, and because it is the MK, no adult beverages - but the Frozen package lived up to expectations and is something I'd certainly recommend to others wanting to see all the Frozen elements without fighting crowds or heat.

Thanks for your review! We are set to enjoy the package in a couple of weeks and can't wait!

I updated the first post. Put the info we have so far in the first post and moved the announcements down to the 2nd post. Is there anything I should add to the 1st post that would be helpful?

Thank you @lovethattink! I was wondering if we have the package and my son has a wheelchair do you know where we will be seated as I have seen it posted that wheelchairs are in 2 spots. He has a real problem being separated from the family hoping we can all sit together as this is for him. His older siblings just want to see him having fun.

Thank you @lovethattink! I was wondering if we have the package and my son has a wheelchair do you know where we will be seated as I have seen it posted that wheelchairs are in 2 spots. He has a real problem being separated from the family hoping we can all sit together as this is for him. His older siblings just want to see him having fun.

There was w/c spot last year in the package area; we did a few packages. The one the area was so full they only let one of us with him. The other we got there early enough in line to get a rope spot for him. Another time we ditched the package viewing area and took our treats elsewhere. There is a small w/c viewing area beside the package area too.

@lovesthattink I'm sorry I wasn't clear at all I was talking about the sing along. I was reading your updates from your visit the other day and just chimed in. I need some more coffee haha but that's good to know as well

Thanks to those who provided current reviews! It really helps. I still have a couple more questions, though.

We plan to get to Hollywood studios right at 9am and get in line to checkin for the party right at 9:30. Do we all need to be there or can one person check in for our entire party of 4?

We will stay for the 10:30am Royal Welcome. What time do they allow you in the roped off section? And just to confirm, ice cream treats are available. (If yes, I am going to do cereal only for breakfast in the room that day.)

Immediately following the Royal Welcome, we plan to catch a bus to Animal Kingdom for late morning, afternoon. Should we schedule the Frozen sing along for 6:30pm or for 7:30pm? I know the party starts at 8:15, but is it better to get in line early?

THANKS - We are new to all of this!!

Here is a video from Youtube that someone posted about their day at FSF

@lovesthattink I'm sorry I wasn't clear at all I was talking about the sing along. I was reading your updates from your visit the other day and just chimed in. I need some more coffee haha but that's good to know as well

W/C seating if he can't transfer is either very front row or very back row. We've sat in both. We could not see the full stage from the front row, left side. But the interaction during the show from the characters on stage was great! Sunday we sat in the front row for one of the shows and the last row for another show. I preferred the back row. My son preferred the front. From the back you can see the entire stage and it didn't matter if you were on the left or the right. We were in the back row, right side. And for the show, they will try to keep you all together, though some may be in the 1st row or last row, and the rest either the 2nd row or 2nd to last row (right behind or right in front) so you are practically together.

Thanks to those who provided current reviews! It really helps. I still have a couple more questions, though.

We plan to get to Hollywood studios right at 9am and get in line to checkin for the party right at 9:30. Do we all need to be there or can one person check in for our entire party of 4?

We will stay for the 10:30am Royal Welcome. What time do they allow you in the roped off section? And just to confirm, ice cream treats are available. (If yes, I am going to do cereal only for breakfast in the room that day.)

Immediately following the Royal Welcome, we plan to catch a bus to Animal Kingdom for late morning, afternoon. Should we schedule the Frozen sing along for 6:30pm or for 7:30pm? I know the party starts at 8:15, but is it better to get in line early?

THANKS - We are new to all of this!!

I didn't do the package this year. Hopefully, @Colleen27 can chime in! The website page about the package has been down for days, so I can't get any info from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter