New "Official" Frozen: 2015 Frozen Summer Fun June 17 to Sept 7!

lovethattink

TPAS Moderator
Back for a 2nd year, Frozen Summer Fun takes center stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Whether you are a fan of Frozen or not, there is something for you at DHS! Not a singer? Don't worry the comedy of the historians will keep you entertained at the Frozen Sing-Along. Love to sing? You can belt it out along with the film clips. Can't get enough Frozen? Then this is for you, from seeing your favorite Frozen characters to eating delicious Frozen inspired treats, your day can be filled with Frozen Fun!

New! Ice Pale Boutique! http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...wood-studios-for-frozen-summer-fun-this-july/

Times Guide for June 17 to 20: http://www.kennythepirate.com/2015/...d-studios-time-guide-june-17-to-20-2015-back/

Frozen Summer Fun Planning
(Based on times for June 17th, Opening Day. Be sure to check the Times Guide on your day of visit as hours may change.)
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration:
9:30am
11:30am
12:30pm
2:30pm
3:30pm
4:30pm
5:30pm
6:30pm
7:30pm
8:30pm
Anna.jpg

(Hint: The best seating is in the middle and back. The front rows are difficult for children to get a good view since they are typically smaller in statue and the stage is raised.

The package viewing is a few rows back.)

Frozen Royal Welcome (ie. Parade/Procession)

10:30am
1:30pm
(There will be 2 stops during the parade. One stop is on Hollywood BLVD, the other at the Hyperion Theater. The procession starts at the gate near the Mickey's Crossroads and ends at Star Tours.)

FSF A&E carriage.jpg

Parade Video
video from WDWMagic. At the end you can see that Elsa's float broke down at the beginning of the route, she had to walk. Also it looks like the best spot if you don't have the package is along Hollywood Blvd across from Starbucks for the first stop

Olaf's Summer Cool Down Stage Show

11:30am
12:30pm
2:30pm
3:30pm
4:30pm
5:30pm
(Since the dance party starts at 5:45 and there is a show a 5:30, I'd assume OSCD is approximately 15 minutes long.)

FSF Olaf cool down.jpg

Coolest Summer Ever Dance Party

5:45pm to 9:30pm
(Last year there was also a live band, this year it looks like DJ Elliot will spin tunes like he is for SWW.)

Frozen Fever:
Shown at the ABC Sound Studio throughout the day starting at 10am and ending 30 minutes before park closing.

Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package:
"Each Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package includes:
  • See Anna and Elsa in the reserved viewing for Frozen Royal Welcome, complete with regal refreshments—water, a selection of soft drinks, and ice cream
  • Reserved seating for your choice of (1) show time of For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
  • Frozen Fireworks viewing with dessert party, a dazzling nighttime display of fireworks paired with Frozen-themed desserts as well as specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
Cost is $69 for adults, $39 for children age 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity are included). Reservations can be made online or by calling 407-939-3463. Package availability is limited; so don’t let this opportunity go!" http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ge-at-walt-disney-world-resort-now-available/

A Review of the Premium Package:

DISer's report back on the package:
1st day:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-official-frozen-2015-frozen-summer-fun-june-17-to-sept-7.3388731/page-34#post-53907532

Pictures:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-official-frozen-2015-frozen-summer-fun-june-17-to-sept-7.3388731/page-34#post-53915571

http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-official-frozen-2015-frozen-summer-fun-june-17-to-sept-7.3388731/page-34#post-53915614

http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-official-frozen-2015-frozen-summer-fun-june-17-to-sept-7.3388731/page-34#post-53915651

http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-official-frozen-2015-frozen-summer-fun-june-17-to-sept-7.3388731/page-34#post-53915698

6/18:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ne...ne-17-to-sept-7.3388731/page-33#post-53903125

6/19 (Rainy night):
http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-official-frozen-2015-frozen-summer-fun-june-17-to-sept-7.3388731/page-34#post-53915318

Frozen Themed Treats and Drinks around the park:

At the tent near Minn and Bill's Dockside Diner

DSC_0848.jpg

P1040953.jpg

ABC Commissary:

DSC_0845.jpg

DSC_0846.jpg

DSC_0844.jpg

Backlot Express:

20150617_1103401.jpg

Merchandise and Treats carts:

P1040949.jpg

P1040950.jpg

Frozen Fireworks: (characters on stage)
Frozen Fireworks Spectacular
9:30pm
(I do not recommend viewing F! before fireworks. It is much easier to see the fireworks then go to F!. If you choose to view the first F!, when you exit the show, stay left. If you are lucky you will come out on a fully packed Hollywood BLVD. All the good viewing on that road will be taken, but if you cut through the stores over to Echo Lake near 50's PTC you can have good viewing of the fireworks just no music piped in. If you are not lucky, you will exit F! on Sunset BLVD, where you cannot see fireworks and the area gets bottlenecked.

The fireworks are designed for best viewing on Hollywood BLVD. That street will get very crowded, it's not good area for those who are claustrophobic or don't like crowds. It's a great area for pictures of the fireworks. @@Missyrose got fabulous pictures from there posted in her TR.

If you can't see the stage, be sure you can see a jumbotron screen. The characters take the stage before and during the show.

Fireworks from Hollywood Blvd.:

Fireworks from Echo Lake:
http://www.magicofmainstreet.com/august-2014-trip-report-discovering-a-new-favorite-fireworks-spot/

The Frozen fireworks quickly became my favorite Disney fireworks show. The music, the characters and the fireworks themselves all work beautifully together.

DSC_0447.jpg

Last edited:
Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package Announced 4/15/2015 for June 17 to September 7th!
"Each Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package includes:
  • See Anna and Elsa in the reserved viewing for Frozen Royal Welcome, complete with regal refreshments—water, a selection of soft drinks, and ice cream
  • Reserved seating for your choice of (1) show time of For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
  • Frozen Fireworks viewing with dessert party, a dazzling nighttime display of fireworks paired with Frozen-themed desserts as well as specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
Cost is $69 for adults, $39 for children age 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity are included). Reservations can be made online or by calling 407-939-3463. Package availability is limited; so don’t let this opportunity go!" [URL]http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ge-at-walt-disney-world-resort-now-available/[/URL]

Disney Parks Blog link http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...lest-summer-ever-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Disney's Website for FSF https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...yCoolestSummerEveratWaltDisneyWorldResort0006

Frozen Summer Fun will be back to DHS June 17 to Sept 7, and WDW will start with a kick off 24 hour Frozen even at MK.

5/4/15 - Today it was confirmed by DPB that Olaf will have his own stage show and float in the Welcome Procession. There will be 2 parades with 2 stops along the parade route. A past DPB answered the question of the stops, Hollywood BLVD and Hyperion Theater. Time for the first parade was released when the FSF Premium Package was released, 10:30AM. No time released for the 2nd parade. ETA on 6/1/15: It looks like the 2nd procession will be at 1:30pm.

5/1/5 - Today was press day for #CoolestSummerEver

24-Hour Event Info:
5/8/15 - Today DPB confirmed that Disney Channel and Disney XD stars will make appearances at the 24 hour event.

New - Club Chill in Tomorrowland, with DJ, music, videos, film clips, and a hint that favorite Disney Channel and XD stars may make an appearance.

New- Grand Marshals for the 3pm parade include, Karan Brar, Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Garret Clayton, Skai Jackson, Peyton List, Ross Lynch, Laura Marano, Maia Mitchell, Bradley Perry, Grace Phipps, Jake Short, and Calum Worthy.

New- Radio Disney will broadcast live from 8am to midnight.

24-hour Party News:

4/12 Announced on DPB http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...g-the-24-hour-kickoff-to-coolest-summer-ever/
-Incredibles Super Dance Party
-Late night dance parties in your pajamas with Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Chip, Dale, and Goofy.
-2 Main Street Electrical Parade showings.
-Mickey Waffles

http://wdwnews.com/releases/2015/03...lest-summer-ever-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

"Walt Disney World Resort will kick off the “Coolest Summer Ever” with 24 hours of nonstop fun during a special event May 22-23 at the Magic Kingdom, hosted by Olaf, the summer-loving snowman from Disney’s blockbuster animated hit “Frozen.”

“Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will bring together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7. Guests will find cool thrills this summer including a royal processional, a sing-along show, Frozen-themed treats and merchandise, plus a Frozen fireworks display above Hollywood Blvd" In addition, Disney's website lists Hot Frozen Nights DJ Dance Party and Olaf's Summer Cool Down.
Information announced via Disney Parks Blog on 3/18/15:

"This summer-long special event features a full day of “Frozen” fun from park open to park close, including a royal procession, a sing-along celebration, fun photo opportunities, “Frozen” merchandise, specialty food and beverage offerings and a grand finale fireworks spectacular.
  • Frozen Royal Welcome – Twice each day, Anna, Elsa and Kristoff take part in a festive cavalcade throughout Hollywoodland, accompanied by the Royal Arendelle Flag Corps and a flurry of skaters, skiiers and ice cutters – along with lovable snowman, Olaf. Anna leads the procession in a beautiful horse-drawn sleigh, with Elsa gliding by on a stunning, ice palace float. The entire procession pauses twice along the route in tribute to these visitors from Arendelle, as everyone in Hollywoodland is invited to join in singing “Let It Go!” (10:30am and ?)
  • For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Just in time for this year’s “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE event, this popular show moves into the beautiful Hyperion Theater (formerly Superstar Television Theater), located right in the heart of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Royal Historians of Arendelle host a fun and comedic retelling of the unique story of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen,” plus all-new in-theater effects and special appearances by Anna, Elsa and Kristoff.
  • Olaf’s Summer Cool Down – Several times each day, the Ambassador of Hollywoodland brings Olaf and some of his friends to the Event Stage to have a little fun with everyone “In Summer.” And as temperatures heat up, Olaf happily shares a burst from his personal snow cloud to cool things off.
  • “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Once the sun goes down, a dance party takes over the area around the Event Stage, with DJ Chill and some of your favorite Disney characters. Using a special event hashtag, you can share song requests and photos over social media, to be featured onscreen during the party.
  • “Frozen” Fireworks – As the night comes to a close, Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf come together at the Event Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen” and, of course, a flurry of snow!"
Royal Processional: Offered Twice (announced 3/18/15)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Looks like most everything's back except for the ice rink....

We have been looking forward for this announcement because this is our first year getting annual passes. it'll be a good way to kick it off this summer!

Thanks for the info. Looks like most everything's back except for the ice rink....

I don't see anything about a Snowground either. :(

So excited! This will be our third straight 24 hour event at WDW!!

That's fantastic! This will be our first if we go. Though I think sww will be calling the rest of my family.

We have been looking forward for this announcement because this is our first year getting annual passes. it'll be a good way to kick it off this summer!

Great way to make use of AP!

I have to admit, the Frozen 24 hour event surprised me!! I had a feeling that FSF would return. Especially felt that way when MNSSHP was announced with a later start this year than last.

So excited! This will be our third straight 24 hour event at WDW!!
This will be our first time doing this. Would you mind answering a few questions for me? Is it insanely busy? I planned on doing morning and then heading back around 9 or 10pm for the night. Is this doable? Also, does everyone wear costumes? I don't think my kids will be comfortable dressed up.
Thank you!!

Is the Frozen Summer Fun, the same thing that the opening show was for, that caused so many problems at opening at DHS?

This will be our first time doing this. Would you mind answering a few questions for me? Is it insanely busy? I planned on doing morning and then heading back around 9 or 10pm for the night. Is this doable? Also, does everyone wear costumes? I don't think my kids will be comfortable dressed up.
Thank you!!

We were there last year. It was a lot of fun. The 24 hour villains theme was great. Lots of people walking around as their favorite villain.

Everyone does not dress up(we did not dress up - three kids), but there a lot of folks that do. We had young kids so we left around 2 for naps and pool time. We came back around 7 and went as long as we could. Everyone had a blast.

It was relatively not crowded. We had short waits for most rides. small world was 30 minutes at 1:30 PM in the afternoon. The SWW really pulls a lot of the day guests away to Hollywood Studios.

Thank you!!

People are encouraged to dress up, but it's certainly not required.

Is the Frozen Summer Fun, the same thing that the opening show was for, that caused so many problems at opening at DHS?

There was a welcome show which held guests at the stage until rope drop. Making a mad dash for TSMM and JTA.

I have a question we are going to Disney in August and do not know anything about the Frozen Premium Package except a few things I have read. It said that check in started at 10:30 am. We may like to do the package but didn't plan on arriving until around 3:00. Will they let you check in late for this ?

I have a question we are going to Disney in August and do not know anything about the Frozen Premium Package except a few things I have read. It said that check in started at 10:30 am. We may like to do the package but didn't plan on arriving until around 3:00. Will they let you check in late for this ?

Assuming they have the package like last year, you can arrive any time. Instead of picking up your credentials at Minn and Bill's, you would pick them up at Guest Services. Also, arriving at 3pm, you'd miss the parade and risk the chance of tickets for the later shows being gone. They allowed guests to choose their shows last year on a first come, first serve basis. And people began to line up for check in around 10am, even though the process didn't start until around 10:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter