New "Official" Frozen: 2015 Frozen Summer Fun June 17 to Sept 7!

Is this something that 2 little girls will love, or not? I am trying to get them their Frozen Fill but I a bit overwhelmed because I was not in DHS during Summer Fun last year. I'm trying to get them the highlights. They have never been to WDW and we are only there 7 days, with school starting 2 days after we return home. I can't bring home two worn out little ones! LOL! So... I was thinking that they would like the Procession, the sing-a-long, and the fireworks. But is there more they woul like that I should try to wotk in?

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier.

Maybe it was just the weekend we were there, but calling it a "dance party" is being really generous. There is a band playing. Maybe some people were dancing, but I didn't see any of it myself. Many people were bopping along to the music, but that's about it. The band also really has nothing to do with Frozen...they just change their name during FSF (I believe it's Mulch, Sweat, and Shears the rest of the year). They're a fun band, but trying to turn their show into a Frozen event is like trying to turn the Osborne Lights into a Frozen event...you can try to say it has something to do with Frozen, but if someone walked in off the street not having ever heard of FSF, I think they'd have no clue that the show was a dance party OR that it was Frozen themed. I've been to the dance parties at the MK before during the Halloween party. You dance with characters and they're a ton of fun. At least last summer, the FSF "dance party" was nothing like that. It's a summer outdoor concert, IMHO.

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier.

Maybe it was just the weekend we were there, but calling it a "dance party" is being really generous. There is a band playing. Maybe some people were dancing, but I didn't see any of it myself. Many people were bopping along to the music, but that's about it. The band also really has nothing to do with Frozen...they just change their name during FSF (I believe it's Mulch, Sweat, and Shears the rest of the year). They're a fun band, but trying to turn their show into a Frozen event is like trying to turn the Osborne Lights into a Frozen event...you can try to say it has something to do with Frozen, but if someone walked in off the street not having ever heard of FSF, I think they'd have no clue that the show was a dance party OR that it was Frozen themed. I've been to the dance parties at the MK before during the Halloween party. You dance with characters and they're a ton of fun. At least last summer, the FSF "dance party" was nothing like that. It's a summer outdoor concert, IMHO.

There's no mention of a band this year. DJ is mentioned. And you're right, except for a Frozen song thrown in here or there, the FSF signs and stage theming, you wouldn't know it's for FSF.

Dh and I really enjoyed listening to them. Too hot to dance. The music was more catered to us than kids.

We did the Frozen Premium package last year. We booked it agin this year but will just grab refreshments and skip the parade. The desert party and the fireworks is what made it. I will also get the latest show again that seemed to work out well. By the time we left it was time to head to the desert party. Dh was thought the stage show was great as well.

Hi all, We are going to WDW in September and will be there the last few days of FSF. Since the FD promotion had to have either PH or WP&M with it, we are using PH this year. I'm trying to wrap my head around this and would love some advice. My initial plan was to go to HS on Monday, September 6th, to see all the parade and fireworks. We have a dinner reservation at 50's Prime Time that evening, too. DS is a recommended park that day by easywdw.com. However, now that we have PH, we are looking to utilize EMH's and AK has EMH that morning. So my next thought was to go to AK in the morning and hop to DS in the afternoon. That may have us missing the parade that morning, right? What is the parade like? Is this something we could miss and not feel too bad about?

Hi all, We are going to WDW in September and will be there the last few days of FSF. Since the FD promotion had to have either PH or WP&M with it, we are using PH this year. I'm trying to wrap my head around this and would love some advice. My initial plan was to go to HS on Monday, September 6th, to see all the parade and fireworks. We have a dinner reservation at 50's Prime Time that evening, too. DS is a recommended park that day by easywdw.com. However, now that we have PH, we are looking to utilize EMH's and AK has EMH that morning. So my next thought was to go to AK in the morning and hop to DS in the afternoon. That may have us missing the parade that morning, right? What is the parade like? Is this something we could miss and not feel too bad about?

You would definitely miss the parade. It's 10:30am. The parade is short, but very nice. This year it's going to make 2 stops along the route. There are inline skaters as "ice skater" and "skiers". Anna and Elsa ride in a horse drawn carriage. Kristoff has his own float, as does Olaf. There are also ice harvesters.

ITA with tink. I wouldn't miss the processional...the kids love it! There aren't a whole lot of rides at AK. If you wanted to hit EMH, you could probably get all the big rides done and then hop over to DHS in time to catch the processional. You wouldn't have a front row spot by any means, but it would give you a chance to see it.

You would definitely miss the parade. It's 10:30am. The parade is short, but very nice. This year it's going to make 2 stops along the route. There are inline skaters as "ice skater" and "skiers". Anna and Elsa ride in a horse drawn carriage. Kristoff has his own float, as does Olaf. There are also ice harvesters.

Do you know for sure it's 10:30?
As there's supposed to be TWO parades this year.

Hey guys,
Trying to find the official MK 24 thread for help. I am getting in mid morning and eating lunch and dinner at the resort, then planning only on MK after dinner. So I only booked FP for a couple things. One was Wishes fireworks. I just got an email today they were canceled due to a schedule change. I went to rebook and it wasn't listed as an option. What's up? Anyone know?

For now I put in a FP for Tinkerbell.

Do you know for sure it's 10:30?
As there's supposed to be TWO parades this year.

That is a good question because Shawn Slater from DPB said in a blog there would be 2 parades. However, for the FSF Premium Package it says the parade is at 10:30. I asked on DPB about a time for a 2nd parade, and that was never answered.

Hey guys,
Trying to find the official MK 24 thread for help. I am getting in mid morning and eating lunch and dinner at the resort, then planning only on MK after dinner. So I only booked FP for a couple things. One was Wishes fireworks. I just got an email today they were canceled due to a schedule change. I went to rebook and it wasn't listed as an option. What's up? Anyone know?

I will try to find out.

Hey guys,

That happened to a bunch of us. Call the phone number at the bottom of the email you got when the FP was canceled and they should be able to give it back to you.

Where would be a good spot to position ourselves to see the 10:30 parade and possibly be in an area that they stop (where are those 2 stops?) and be able to check in around 11am for a Sci-Fi reservation at 11:15?

Where would be a good spot to position ourselves to see the 10:30 parade and possibly be in an area that they stop (where are those 2 stops?) and be able to check in around 11am for a Sci-Fi reservation at 11:15?

We don't know where they are going to stop. More than likely, we won't know until the first day of the parade.

If you don't have the package, I'd suggest a shady spot. You can find shade on the left hand side of Hollywood BLVD, it snows there. The right side is pretty much full sun. We saw the welcome a few times when it stopped at the stage, it snowed, A&E welcomed everyone, then the parade continued out the gate by Star Tours.

For us, it worked best to sit inside the Backlot Express in the air conditioning and wait until we heard the music. Then stood outside to see the procession. My son can't control his body temp, so it was ideal for us. We also have done this the last couple years for the SWW parade, though we end up missing half the parade because the Disney characters and celebs don't go the whole parade route like they parade did for FSF. It does not snow around there like it does on Hollywood BLVD.

We don't know where they are going to stop. More than likely, we won't know until the first day of the parade.

If you don't have the package, I'd suggest a shady spot. You can find shade on the left hand side of Hollywood BLVD, it snows there. The right side is pretty much full sun. We saw the welcome a few times when it stopped at the stage, it snowed, A&E welcomed everyone, then the parade continued out the gate by Star Tours.

For us, it worked best to sit inside the Backlot Express in the air conditioning and wait until we heard the music. Then stood outside to see the procession. My son can't control his body temp, so it was ideal for us. We also have done this the last couple years for the SWW parade, though we end up missing half the parade because the Disney characters and celebs don't go the whole parade route like they parade did for FSF. It does not snow around there like it does on Hollywood BLVD.

Just thought of something else. When the parade stopped at the stage, part of the procession stopped right at the soon to be named Hyperion Theater (aka AIE). Saw some great pictures that people got of Kristoff and others while it stopped there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter