"Maybe We Should Go To Disney World Next Week" An Impromptu May DR *COMPLETE*

For our first full day in WDW I had an early breakfast planned. I was a little worried about how I would adjust to getting up early in the morning since I work until 12:30am and usually stay up super late and sleep until 10am, but apparently I need not worry because I woke up at 6:30am ready to go!

I drove us over to Fort Wilderness for our 8am breakfast reservation at Trail's End!

A word about reaching Trail's End. If you're at MK you can take a boat to FW which drops you off very very close to your destination, or once you reach FW by car or bus you just have to hop on the first internal shuttle you see and anyone of them will get you there. There are three different internal buses, but all of them make a stop back at the Settlement Depot, which is where you need to be for Hoop-De-Doo, Trail's End or the water launch.

They must have a lot of internal shuttle because there was never not one waiting there when we needed one this trip. :thumbsup2

We quickly arrived back at the Settlement Depot and checked in for breakfast with a very chatty hostess.

We were seated right away in Jen's section. We had her last trip too and she is awesome! She was always right on the ball with drink refills, of which we needed MANY and she was so friendly and talked with us quite a bit.

I didn't get any good shots of the buffet here, but it is fantastic! Lots of options from cereal, to build your own yogurt parfaits, to pastry and bread and bagels and donuts and of course, Mickey waffles. :thumbsup2

To drink we started out with their "Moonshine" beverage. I'm pretty sure that this is the same as the "Jungle Juice" beverage you can get at Boma and Jiko. In fact I think this same drink combo is in a lot of their breakfats locations like Kona and 1900 Park Fare too. I believe it is a Passionfruit, Orange, Guava mix. Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

I love the mason jars they serve your drinks in. Such a cute touch! They give you a little glass of the moonshine to start and if you want more they will refill it as much as you want. We refilled ours about a million times! :laughing:

We'll start with Rob's plate from the buffet.

Starting at the top and working our way clockwise around the plate I believe I see their breakfast potatoes hidden in there, the bread pudding with pecan sauce, pulled pork eggs benedict, shredded potatoes, bacon and sausage.

Here is my plate.

I had the pulled pork eggs benedit, breakfast potatoes, bacon, a chocolate chip Mickey waffle, the bread pudding with pecan sauce and a slice of breakfast pizza.

:cloud9: Heaven! It's all so, so, so, so good. The pulled pork eggs benedit is served on a biscuit that was moist and delicious. It seems like an odd item, but it is my favorite thing on the buffet. The breakfast potatoes have chunks of beef in them which are so tasty. The french toast bread pudding is amazing and the sauce takes it to another level. I really love the brekfast pizza too. I like the red peppers on it a lot. And the Mickey waffle is of course, fantastic.

We both loved our breakfast. We had really been looking forward to returning here and it did not disappoint! It is definitely now our favorite breakfast spot in WDW. And for $17.99 the price is definitely right. I would pay that price for this buffet out in the real world in a heartbeat! I can't say that for a lot of places in WDW, but this is one of them. We were both so stuffed from one plate that we were done. Here is my full belly picture Rob made me pose for.

Oh goodness. :lmao:

We tore through that buffet in record time and soon enough we were out the door and headed for MK. And guess what? We finally made rope drop in time for the show!!!!

It was so sweet! I loved it!

With full bellies from breakfast, we are off to take MK by storm!

I have gotten so many tips from your reviews, I'm so excited you decided on a spontaneous trip to WDW!!!!! I love it!!! Took note of the # & tip about the CS mexican. :thumbsup2 What a nice pic of you 2 in front of the castle!!!!

Haha, love that full belly pic - that is what we like to call a 'food baby' :thumbsup2 Seriously, you look like a proud, expectant Mother :lmao:

Love the castle pic, you are the queen of selfies :)

I may have to look into getting a Disney Visa for that purpose! $500 is ALOT of $$ to go towards your trip! We don't use any credit cards but I might have to break that rule for the discount and rewards!

I tried to read the books but its hard to sit down and read a book when there are so many trip/dining reports to read!! I have a kindle and I think the disboards win out over my large library of kindle books. :rotfl: I hate waiting two weeks for a new episode but we were in Atlantic City (as you saw on facebook/instagram) so it actually worked out or else we'd be watching the episode off of my HBO Go app on my 7" screen kindle lol.

Trails End looks amazing!!! You weren't kidding when you said it was yummy! I have a weakness for any type of eggs benedict and that pulled pork one looks delish. The breakfast pizza and bread pudding looked awesome as well. I love that juice!! I may have to figure out a way to squeeze in a visit there....:rolleyes1

Like I said on your instagram, the opening show is totally on my bucket list so I NEED to try and see it in October. Between that and the advantage of having an early start on the park...its totally a win/win situation!!!

LOVE the food baby pic!!! :goodvibes

We may have to try Trail's End! I have heard nothing but great things about breakfast and $17.99 for a buffet at Disney is practically a bargain ;)

I've read great comments on trails end but I've never seen any pictures with a review so that was nice to see. Pulled pork eggs Benedict looks heavenly : ) I have this booked in November for breakfast as we are staying at WL and apparently it's a 10 or 20 min walk to FW ( will see how my feet our feeling, may take the boat instead ) but good intentions thinking a nice hike before breakfast lol I have to make it to a rope drop. We come from the west to Florida so it's just not something we've ever done. Instead we are up until 2 or 3 in the morning and tend to sleep in ... I may have to take an ambien one night and try to make it to rope drop lol seriously 20 plus trips to Florida and we need to see the rope drop!

You are a darling looking couple and love reading your views and reports as well as your pictures : )

We have Trail's End booked for Nov! Can't wait. Everything looks so good! Love your new bag too :woohoo:

enjoying reading another of your DR - really enjoyable!

you and rob are what i would like me and my DH to be: driving to WDW on a whim and eating wonderful meals!

with the price of airfare, i'm now open to suggesting driving ourselves - my son has done it 3 times (straight thru like you)

we're a bit further up north than you (paramus area) - 2 hours more

(it's been 6 years since we've been to wdw :( - still holding on hope for october 2015 F&W trip....)

anyway - loving your DR and photos! ::yes::

This is the second or third time I've seen you review Trail End's and it makes me want to go even more! :lovestruc

I said before I would not make an ADR and just use it as a last minute place since it usually has lots of openings. Well that's out the window. I will be doing ADR's for breakfast and dinner on our next trip. :thumbsup2 It's a must do now. My family would love the home cooking style of both meals.

Pulled pork eggs benedict will have my SO in heaven. :cloud9:

I totally agree with you regarding McDonald's breakfasts, I've never been a fan.

We love Hacienda de San Angel and always get the Parrillada La Hacienda, which is the mixed grill platter. Yum! I had those shrimp tacos at the Food & Wine Festival last year and they were amazing!

I LOVE your new Vera Bradley!

I've read your other reviews of Trail's End and they've convinced me we have to try it this year. Love your "food baby" pic! :lmao:

Looking forward to more. popcorn::

I've heard great things from Trail's end but have never been there! I think it must be one of those hidden gems.

I regret not getting over to Trail's End for breakfast when we stayed at WL this last trip. We did make it for lunch but we weren't 100% thrilled with the meal.

This time we will be staying at SSR without a rental car so I doubt it will be possible to make it there.

Oh, Oh, Oh, you started another DP and I'm late! I LOVED your other DP's that I knew I had to join you on this adventure!

Trails End is a must! We stayed at the cabins for the last 3 years and look forward to every time we get to eat at the little gem!

Thank you for sharing and looking for more!! :yay:

After spending the past few days trying to catch up on reports, I was excited to see that you started a new one. An impromptu trip - love it!

Trail's End is a place I've only dined at once (for lunch), and I remember being pleasantly surprised. Looks like breakfast is also solid - and a good value, to boot!

I have to admit, I prefer the new French bakery over the old one. It occupies a larger space and has indoor seating, which the previous bakery needed. That said, I agree with you that they've changed some things for the worse (such as eliminating certain pastries and changing/shrinking others). Either way, the bakery pales in comparison to the ice cream/sorbet shop next door, IMO. :thumbsup2

I have gotten so many tips from your reviews, I'm so excited you decided on a spontaneous trip to WDW!!!!! I love it!!! Took note of the # & tip about the CS mexican. :thumbsup2 What a nice pic of you 2 in front of the castle!!!!

So glad you have gotten some tips from me! Happy to help. :) It was so exciting to make those last minute plans. We were lucky that we were able to work out our days off to take such a last minute trip.

Haha, love that full belly pic - that is what we like to call a 'food baby' :thumbsup2 Seriously, you look like a proud, expectant Mother :lmao:

Love the castle pic, you are the queen of selfies :)

I am always a proud mother to all my food babies. :lmao: I was so, so full that time. Yikes.

Queen of the selfies. I like that title! :laughing:

I may have to look into getting a Disney Visa for that purpose! $500 is ALOT of $$ to go towards your trip! We don't use any credit cards but I might have to break that rule for the discount and rewards!

I tried to read the books but its hard to sit down and read a book when there are so many trip/dining reports to read!! I have a kindle and I think the disboards win out over my large library of kindle books. :rotfl: I hate waiting two weeks for a new episode but we were in Atlantic City (as you saw on facebook/instagram) so it actually worked out or else we'd be watching the episode off of my HBO Go app on my 7" screen kindle lol.

Trails End looks amazing!!! You weren't kidding when you said it was yummy! I have a weakness for any type of eggs benedict and that pulled pork one looks delish. The breakfast pizza and bread pudding looked awesome as well. I love that juice!! I may have to figure out a way to squeeze in a visit there....:rolleyes1

Like I said on your instagram, the opening show is totally on my bucket list so I NEED to try and see it in October. Between that and the advantage of having an early start on the park...its totally a win/win situation!!!

LOVE the food baby pic!!! :goodvibes

I love my Disney Visa! I use it more like a debit card than a credit card. I pay it off in full every month. I just use it for the rewards. Might as well get money for nothing! :thumbsup2

I try to read every night before bed. Even at that I have a Kindle full of unread books. I need a whole week off just to catch up on my reading! Ugh, they are killing me with the one week break in episodes. I can't wait for Sunday!

You definitely need to try and fit Trail's End into your plans. It's great too if you want to get a meal OOP instead of on the DP because it is so cheap.

Rope drop is the best! We usually get there pretty early anyway, but getting there right at park opening makes it even better. I highly recommend!

We may have to try Trail's End! I have heard nothing but great things about breakfast and $17.99 for a buffet at Disney is practically a bargain ;)

I would highly recommend it! It is definitely a bargain for Disney and the selection is fantastic. I can't believe I didn't even know about this place until recently. I can't believe I've been missing out all these years!

I've read great comments on trails end but I've never seen any pictures with a review so that was nice to see. Pulled pork eggs Benedict looks heavenly : ) I have this booked in November for breakfast as we are staying at WL and apparently it's a 10 or 20 min walk to FW ( will see how my feet our feeling, may take the boat instead ) but good intentions thinking a nice hike before breakfast lol I have to make it to a rope drop. We come from the west to Florida so it's just not something we've ever done. Instead we are up until 2 or 3 in the morning and tend to sleep in ... I may have to take an ambien one night and try to make it to rope drop lol seriously 20 plus trips to Florida and we need to see the rope drop!

You are a darling looking couple and love reading your views and reports as well as your pictures : )

I'm glad you'll have a chance to try it in November! I've heard it's a pretty quick walk from WL. Like you said, you could always take the boat. I love taking the boats around. Rope drop is so much fun! It is hard though. It's hard to get up early enough to factor Disney transportation times in there. It always takes forever to get from your room to a park sometimes.

Thanks so much for the lovely compliments! :goodvibes

We have Trail's End booked for Nov! Can't wait. Everything looks so good! Love your new bag too :woohoo:

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! I can't wait to eat there again in September.

enjoying reading another of your DR - really enjoyable!

you and rob are what i would like me and my DH to be: driving to WDW on a whim and eating wonderful meals!

with the price of airfare, i'm now open to suggesting driving ourselves - my son has done it 3 times (straight thru like you)

we're a bit further up north than you (paramus area) - 2 hours more

(it's been 6 years since we've been to wdw :( - still holding on hope for october 2015 F&W trip....)

anyway - loving your DR and photos! ::yes::

Thanks so much for joining in! This last minute trip was a blast! It's fun to be able to do something like this on a whim.

Airfare is getting so high. I'm too cheap to fly and Rob's too scred to fly, so driving is a win win I guess. :laughing: The drive is long, but it's worth it in the end. It's more worth it on the way there when Disney is at the end. On the way back when Jersey is at the end, it's a little less worth it. :lmao:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get a F&W trip next year!

This is the second or third time I've seen you review Trail End's and it makes me want to go even more! :lovestruc

I said before I would not make an ADR and just use it as a last minute place since it usually has lots of openings. Well that's out the window. I will be doing ADR's for breakfast and dinner on our next trip. :thumbsup2 It's a must do now. My family would love the home cooking style of both meals.

Pulled pork eggs benedict will have my SO in heaven. :cloud9:

Awesome! Oh, just wait until I get to my Trail's End dinner review. Spolier alert: It's amazing! I am looking forward to Trail's End dinner again in September more than any signature we have booked. If you guys love home cooking, than you will love this place. The pulled pork eggs benedict is so amazing! I hope you enjoy your meals there too!

I totally agree with you regarding McDonald's breakfasts, I've never been a fan.

We love Hacienda de San Angel and always get the Parrillada La Hacienda, which is the mixed grill platter. Yum! I had those shrimp tacos at the Food & Wine Festival last year and they were amazing!

I LOVE your new Vera Bradley!

I've read your other reviews of Trail's End and they've convinced me we have to try it this year. Love your "food baby" pic! :lmao:

Looking forward to more. popcorn::

McDonalds is so ick! I just saw a commercial that Taco Bell has breakfats now too. I can't even imagine how nasty that is!

Good to know that the platter was enjoyable. I was very suspect of that dish.

Yay! I hope you do try Trail's End! It is so yummy. Me and my food baby pic. :lmao:

I've heard great things from Trail's end but have never been there! I think it must be one of those hidden gems.

Trail's End is DEFINITELY a hidden gem! I think it fills up later in the morning, but when we get there early it is fairly empty.

I regret not getting over to Trail's End for breakfast when we stayed at WL this last trip. We did make it for lunch but we weren't 100% thrilled with the meal.

This time we will be staying at SSR without a rental car so I doubt it will be possible to make it there.

That's too bad that lunch wasn't the greatest. It's not a buffet for lunch right?

SSR means lots of DTD meals then I guess! Hopefully a lot of the construction going on is done when you stay there. The new walkway going from SSR to DTD looks like it's going to be awesome though! It will be a much shorter walk over there than it used to be.

Oh, Oh, Oh, you started another DP and I'm late! I LOVED your other DP's that I knew I had to join you on this adventure!

Trails End is a must! We stayed at the cabins for the last 3 years and look forward to every time we get to eat at the little gem!

Thank you for sharing and looking for more!! :yay:

Thanks so much for joining in! :goodvibes

How are the cabins? I've always been curious about staying at FW. So glad you enjoy Trail's End as well!

Food looks good will have to put this on my list to try.

You definitely should! It's fantastic! Just wait until you see my dinner review before you decide which meal to try. ;)

After spending the past few days trying to catch up on reports, I was excited to see that you started a new one. An impromptu trip - love it!

Trail's End is a place I've only dined at once (for lunch), and I remember being pleasantly surprised. Looks like breakfast is also solid - and a good value, to boot!

I have to admit, I prefer the new French bakery over the old one. It occupies a larger space and has indoor seating, which the previous bakery needed. That said, I agree with you that they've changed some things for the worse (such as eliminating certain pastries and changing/shrinking others). Either way, the bakery pales in comparison to the ice cream/sorbet shop next door, IMO. :thumbsup2

Hey there Mr. DDW! So glad you got a chance to catch up on the boards. Looks like you had fun on your most recent visit too. Shame about the flight delay though.

I'm curious to learn more about their lunch options now that I've tried breakfast and dinner. Both of which are fantastic.

I definitely enjoy the new layout at Les Halles as well. It makes it a lot easier to check out the selections and it's nice to not be crammed in that tiny building too. I keep hearing how good the ice cream place is. I am definitely going to have to check it out next time!

Thanks for the Trails End breakfast review! I'm so tempted to wonder over there and eat one morning since we are staying at the WL. And it's such a bargain for Disney food.

Hitting rope drop was fantastic! We walked right onto POTC, Splash Mountain, BTMR, Haunted Mansion and Little Mermaid and used FP+ for Peter Pan. All by 10:45am! 6 rides in less than 2 hours is pretty good. Then it was time for my next FP+. A week from our trip I managed to secure the most sought after FP. Elsa and Anna meet and greet! Rob was not interested, so he went off to grab a Pineapple Float. Bless his heart, he took a picture for me, but it was awful. So, here's a photo from a past trip of the famous Dole Whip Pineapple Float.

While he was enjoying his cool treat I was doing this.

And since I'm queen of the selfies :laughing: here we go.

Thrilled with my new pictures I found Rob and then we did Philharmagic and then made our way over to Tomorrowland to check out wait times. Everything was already pretty crowded, so we decided to leave. But first, Rob stopped for one of his favorite Disney Treats at the Lunching Pad.

He loves the Frozen Coke drinks. He got a Coke/Cherry mix.

These are always so refreshing!

I wanted a treat of my own and so I stopped at The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor.

I tried to get Rob to share the new Mickey Kitchen Sink with me but he wasn't interested. Bummer. So I decided on the Mickey Mouse Kid's Cone with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.

This was perfect! It was the best waffle cone I've ever had! I think I will be returning for another cone in September. So yummy! And I'm a sucker for incorporating Mickey into my Disney food. :laughing:

We left the park as it was really filling up and then we crossed something off Rob's Disney bucket list. Riding one of the little boats around Seven Seas Lagoon! Here's a few snapshots.

Hidden Mickey!

This was so much fun! And the 30% discount from our AP made it even better. The CM at the dock was pretty generous with marking off our time too, so we went out for about 45 minutes and it was about $25. Much cheaper than we thought it would be. I think Rob is going to want to do this every trip now.

Then it was time to head back to the resort for some pool time and figure out what to do with the rest of our day!

Seriously, what is up with Elsa's wig :rotfl: It's dire! I thought the Elsa we saw in Norway was bad but this one seems worse. Great selfie though (although Elsa looks even more unreal in that pic).

Get you, speed demons, up to almost 23mph in your little boat :sail:

I love mint choc chip ice cream and your cone looks just perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter