• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Maybe We Should Go To Disney World Next Week" An Impromptu May DR *COMPLETE*

CBR has a wonderful overall feel and is very beautiful. I've stayed there the most. This was my fifth time there. I associate so many great memories with that resort.

So glad you like CBR; it doesn't always get a lot of love because of it's size, but so long as you stay in Aruba or Jamaica by the bridge I think it's great.

I want to try that Duo of Chocolat sometime, but I keep looking at the pics from Les Halles and mourning the loss of the original Napoleon (the ones in the counter in your pic just look small and short and a little, well, pathetic) and I'm not sure we'll get back there at all. Might rather have the French ice cream for a snack instead.

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews!

I have that Vera bag (purse) - couldn't find it anywhere in March and eventually bought it from somebody on FB (brand new) for less than it would have cost me anyway :cool1:

Great treats from Les Halles. I don't know if they've changed the chocolate mousse but I found it way too rich for me when we had it a couple of years ago.

I love your Disney Vera show cute! I have gone in the new french bakery a few times since the expansion but still haven't tried anything. Your pics look great!

Love love love Les Halles!!! I literally could eat one of everything in there. The World Showcase is so difficult b/c there are soooo many amazing drink/food options. Its so hard to fit in all of my favorites. I seriously need an "adult" trip for Epcot time alone. :p

My hubby and I are Game Of Thrones obsessed. I can't even imagine how amazing it must feel to be watching GOT in Disney. With snacks from Les Halles. Heaven! :littleangel:

The Vera bag is PERFECT!!! I love it! I want a backpack for the fall when we go. I am kind of waiting for the Bouncing Bouquet print to debut (I think June 6th?) but I love the print you have and the pink one that is sold out online. Did you happen to notice if the Vera Bradley selection is pretty good in WDW? I have a friend going down in a few weeks so I think I might send her with some money to pick me up one if I have a chance at the pink one. Also, is the Visa discount a good one? It might be worth me getting that card if you get good discounts....hmmm. :scratchin

I like La Hacienda, but I totally agree that the menu is limited. We had the meat platter for two, which was decent but nothing that special.

I know I am so very late to this impromptu party, but I am in. It will pass the time reading your fun until I get my July fun!

LOVE THE BAG!!!!! It is not too much in-your-face Mickey but still Mickey!

We ate at La Hacicenda last summer and we very disappointed. As soon as our waiter realized we were only ordering apps he became very mean and disrespectful. Each adult order 2 apps and at least 1 drink and we ordered 2 kids meals. When we left I told the waiter he should have been more polite because his attitude impacted his tip. Even though we only order apps and drinks our bill was well over 100.00.

But I should not have said anything about his attitude because I forgot my sons sippy cup and went back 5 minutes later and was told they threw it away.

La Hacienda looked fabulous and the desserts scrumptious!! I haven't been to either place (last time we visited the World was in September 2012), but the French bakery is definitely on our list for June 2015 :) Shrimp tacos are my absolute favorite and those looked yummy!! Maybe La Hacienda will still make the cut on the next ADR list :thumbsup2

It sounds like you guys had the perfect 1st day :beach: Can't wait for the next segment!!

Hi Jeri,
We may be able to go back to Disney! It would be for free dining, which I have never got before in the begining of November. I' m torn between CBR or CSR for the same price. I know you like CBR alot and looks great but CSR has queen beds! There are four of us and doubles seem too small. Crazy way to look at it? Which do you think is a nicer/eaiser to get around resort. I know its buses at both, we usually stay at the Poly which is why we only go once a year. Would love your input! Also any building requests? Thanks, Alicia:thumbsup2

Hi Jeri!! I was positive I had replied and subscribed to your report but I guess not!!

Anyways... I am SO VERY excited to read another of your reports!

Seems like a lot of us have the same opinion for NOT dining at La Hacienda... they don't take TIW! That is the exact reason we will probably never dine there. Plus we have too many other options in Epcot!

Can't wait to read more!

Subbing in and catching up. Thanks for the heads up on la hacienda not accepting TiW. I've been wanting to try it but didn't realize it would be without a discount. Will likely skip it and try in future years when we don't have an ap.

Great start, we are trying LaHacienda this trip for the first time. Luckily on our first trip to Disney we discovered the French bakery, cant wait to have some of their yummy pastries in just 3 weeks!

Hi Jeri! How awesome that you were able to pull together a last minute trip to WDW! You arrived only a couple days after we left.

I still struggle with La Hacienda... it's not the best food and factor in TiW and I'm hesitant to return. Sounds like you enjoyed your meal though.

Bummer about spending 45 min on hold before getting someone to fix the cancelation fee for you. Thanks for sharing that phone number!

Looking forward to hearing about more of your dining adventures. :)

So glad you like CBR; it doesn't always get a lot of love because of it's size, but so long as you stay in Aruba or Jamaica by the bridge I think it's great.

I want to try that Duo of Chocolat sometime, but I keep looking at the pics from Les Halles and mourning the loss of the original Napoleon (the ones in the counter in your pic just look small and short and a little, well, pathetic) and I'm not sure we'll get back there at all. Might rather have the French ice cream for a snack instead.

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews!

The size of CBR doesn't bother me. I think I had a longer walk from my room to the bus stop at AKL Kidani than I did here. We were right by the bridge there in Aruba so the walk was pretty short to Old Port Royale.

You can mourn the Napoleon and I'll mourn the sacristain. That thing was amazing and they got rid of it during the refurb. Such a shame! I'll have to check out the ice cream place too because to be honest, I'm not in love with Les Halles. I also need to try the place in Norway just to switch it up.

I have that Vera bag (purse) - couldn't find it anywhere in March and eventually bought it from somebody on FB (brand new) for less than it would have cost me anyway :cool1:

Great treats from Les Halles. I don't know if they've changed the chocolate mousse but I found it way too rich for me when we had it a couple of years ago.

That darn bag was tough to get a hold of for awhile there. Glad you got one cheaper on FB!

They may have changed it, or I may just be weird, but it didn't seem too overly rich to me. I was actually kind of surprised because I was expecting it to be super rich. I should have had a bacon bread though. Actually, I should have had nothing because I was STUFFED, but oh well. :lmao:

I love your Disney Vera show cute! I have gone in the new french bakery a few times since the expansion but still haven't tried anything. Your pics look great!

I am in love with my Disney Vera! I had to stop myself from buying more! The bakery is definitely worth checking out on a future visit! :thumbsup2

Love love love Les Halles!!! I literally could eat one of everything in there. The World Showcase is so difficult b/c there are soooo many amazing drink/food options. Its so hard to fit in all of my favorites. I seriously need an "adult" trip for Epcot time alone. :p

My hubby and I are Game Of Thrones obsessed. I can't even imagine how amazing it must feel to be watching GOT in Disney. With snacks from Les Halles. Heaven! :littleangel:

The Vera bag is PERFECT!!! I love it! I want a backpack for the fall when we go. I am kind of waiting for the Bouncing Bouquet print to debut (I think June 6th?) but I love the print you have and the pink one that is sold out online. Did you happen to notice if the Vera Bradley selection is pretty good in WDW? I have a friend going down in a few weeks so I think I might send her with some money to pick me up one if I have a chance at the pink one. Also, is the Visa discount a good one? It might be worth me getting that card if you get good discounts....hmmm. :scratchin

That is always my problem. Too many good food options in Epcot. We end up spending so much more time in that park because of the food. Step it up HS and AK! :rotfl2:

We love GoT in our house! Rob has read all of the books too. I started and gave up. Too many characters. It made my head spin. I'll just stick to the show.

The backpack is super cute too! I kept seeing people with those and almost regretted my choice. I wouldn't have much use for the backpack outside of WDW though, so I think I chose wisely. The selection was pretty good for the pattern I got, but I honestly didn't notice the other pattern. The Disney Visa discount is 10% at most of the major shops in WDW for purchases of $50 or more. Nothing amazing, but it helps. I just love it because I pay for EVERYTHING with my card and it helps pay for trips with the rewards I earn. We should have about $500 to go towards our September trip. And that's just a year's worth!

Love the desserts and love love the new Vera purse ... Fabulous day : )

Sweets and a new purse. Not a bad day at all! :goodvibes

I like La Hacienda, but I totally agree that the menu is limited. We had the meat platter for two, which was decent but nothing that special.

Rob was pushing for one of those platters, but I wasn't feeling it. Good thing I stuck to my guns on that one then I guess. Some of these restaurants definitely need a few more selections. They had more booze options than they did food! :laughing:

I know I am so very late to this impromptu party, but I am in. It will pass the time reading your fun until I get my July fun!

Welcome! Drool along with us until July! :laughing:

LOVE THE BAG!!!!! It is not too much in-your-face Mickey but still Mickey!

We ate at La Hacicenda last summer and we very disappointed. As soon as our waiter realized we were only ordering apps he became very mean and disrespectful. Each adult order 2 apps and at least 1 drink and we ordered 2 kids meals. When we left I told the waiter he should have been more polite because his attitude impacted his tip. Even though we only order apps and drinks our bill was well over 100.00.

But I should not have said anything about his attitude because I forgot my sons sippy cup and went back 5 minutes later and was told they threw it away.

That's what I like about it too! Subtle but cute. I looked through every bag in the pile to get the one that I deemed as having the best pattern on the front. Very tough decision!

That's terrible about the service you had there! I hate when you're treated poorly because of what you order. Especially when it can still end up totally out to more than entrees would. I feel like TiW can affect our service too. That's why I don't mention it anymore until I had over my credit card and the TiW card.

La Hacienda looked fabulous and the desserts scrumptious!! I haven't been to either place (last time we visited the World was in September 2012), but the French bakery is definitely on our list for June 2015 :) Shrimp tacos are my absolute favorite and those looked yummy!! Maybe La Hacienda will still make the cut on the next ADR list :thumbsup2

It sounds like you guys had the perfect 1st day :beach: Can't wait for the next segment!!

Yay for having a trip planned! :cool1:

I would definitely recommend the shrimp tacos! As long as you're not using TiW, it certainly is no more expensive than most other TS locations, so you should definitely consider it!

It was such an awesome day. And an awesome trip for that matter! :goodvibes

Hi Jeri,
We may be able to go back to Disney! It would be for free dining, which I have never got before in the begining of November. I' m torn between CBR or CSR for the same price. I know you like CBR alot and looks great but CSR has queen beds! There are four of us and doubles seem too small. Crazy way to look at it? Which do you think is a nicer/eaiser to get around resort. I know its buses at both, we usually stay at the Poly which is why we only go once a year. Would love your input! Also any building requests? Thanks, Alicia:thumbsup2

Awesome! Free dining is always great! November would be a great time to go. The weather should be nice for you. Queen beds are a great selling point for CSR. We had a refurbished room at CSR and it was really nice. I remember the beds being super comfy! Doubles definitely get cramped with 4 people. This is going to seem very bizarre, but we actually sleep in separate beds when it's double beds because we need our space! I can't stand to sleep all crammed together. We were stuck in a small bed for 6 years at our old house because a queen wouldn't fit in the room, so we have an aversion to sleeping in double beds together. Gives us bad flashbacks. :lmao: So I definitely know where you're coming from with the double bed situation.

As far as getting around the resort, we didn't use the buses at CSR. It wasn't too bad getting around CBR though. The buses were actually never very crowded for us, although we did ride them at odd times of the day since we mainly drove around this time. The walk to the main food court area was beautiful from the Aruba building. If you request that building or Jamaica you are right by the bridge that takes you through a little scenic area and then over to the food court. It wasn't a very long walk either. I'll definitely post a few pics for you.

Poly is my favorite! I haven't stayed there in forever. Maybe I will in a few years now that they are adding some DVC rooms! :thumbsup2

Great start, looking forward to more

Thanks so much! More dining adventures coming up!

Hi Jeri!! I was positive I had replied and subscribed to your report but I guess not!!

Anyways... I am SO VERY excited to read another of your reports!

Seems like a lot of us have the same opinion for NOT dining at La Hacienda... they don't take TIW! That is the exact reason we will probably never dine there. Plus we have too many other options in Epcot!

Can't wait to read more!

Hey there Paula! :wave2:

It is such a shame about the no TiW there. We need to all write a strongly worded letter! :laughing: The options in Epcot are so overwhelming. I love it all! More Epcot restaurants still to come this trip! :thumbsup2

Subbing in and catching up. Thanks for the heads up on la hacienda not accepting TiW. I've been wanting to try it but didn't realize it would be without a discount. Will likely skip it and try in future years when we don't have an ap.

Thanks for joining in! Happy to help! I only just realized it a few days before our trip. I'm glad I noticed because I would have been so mad at myself. Skipping it until you don't have your TiW, or until they accept it, would definitely be my recommendation. There are plenty of other awesome places to eat in Epcot!

Great start, we are trying LaHacienda this trip for the first time. Luckily on our first trip to Disney we discovered the French bakery, cant wait to have some of their yummy pastries in just 3 weeks!

Awesome! I hope you like La Hacienda! Your trip is getting so close. Exciting!

Hi Jeri! How awesome that you were able to pull together a last minute trip to WDW! You arrived only a couple days after we left.

I still struggle with La Hacienda... it's not the best food and factor in TiW and I'm hesitant to return. Sounds like you enjoyed your meal though.

Bummer about spending 45 min on hold before getting someone to fix the cancelation fee for you. Thanks for sharing that phone number!

Looking forward to hearing about more of your dining adventures. :)

Hey Brenda! I was so sorry to hear I just missed you guys. And Barb. And Paula. My timing is terrible. :laughing:

La Hacienda was enjoyable and I would return eventually, but not anytime soon. The TiW issue is definitely the biggest factor.

45 minutes of wasted Disney time is truly wasted time indeed! Glad you have the phone number now though, just in case. :thumbsup2

The shrimp tacos look really good, however that price :scared1: I love your new Vera Bradley!!

The price was definitely pretty hard to stomach. It was often referenced throughout the trip. The Vera is awesome! I have been getting so many compliments on it since I got home.

Ok...I need an update :)

Just for you, I'll do one tonight. :thumbsup2 Or this morning. It's getting late. I think it's morning now. Getting home from work at 1am has me all out of sorts. :laughing:

I love reading your reviews, excited for more :goodvibes:hyper:

Thanks so much! The picture with the bride and groom ears in your signature is too cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter