"Maybe We Should Go To Disney World Next Week" An Impromptu May DR *COMPLETE*

After reading your review of Trails End for breakfast and seeing the pics, I had to make a reservation. We will be having breakfast there on June 19, can't wait! We love breakfast and eggs benedict are my favorites, will definitely have to try them.

I LOVE walking on rides! No waiting is the BEST! We honeymooned in the first week of September back in 2008 and literally everything was walk on or short wait. I would always always go in September but I think teachers would frown on my pulling Sophia out in the very beginning of the school year lol. That is why we settled for October...2 months in isn't bad right? :confused3

Rob didn't want to meet the coveted Anna & Elsa?!? For shame!!! :rotfl: I am glad you were able to meet them and the selfie is great! The girl who was Anna really looked the part! I am going to loosely aim to get a Fastpass when we are there but I am not going to do it until our first 3 are used up if its available. Luckily (as Disney crazy as we are) my kids aren't character crazy, they enjoy meeting them and what not but not to the point where we do them in the parks. I have 3 different character meals booked and that should cover the main ones that they like to meet.

I NEED that kitchen sink! They dropped the price down to $15!!! I want one so bad, I will eat it alone if I have to. Mint Choc Chip is one of my all time fav's and that cone of yours is making me crave one!! I love the Mickey ears, everything tastes better with those!

Aren't the little boat rentals great?? So relaxing and fun for something different to do!! I'll leave you with this little throwback....:cool2:
l.jpg

:dance3:

Oh what to do? Frozen girls? or frozen dole whip? I think you chose wisely lol ... Love that ice cream cone and Mickey ears to add to the fun : )
I love those little boats so fun to ride around the lake and see the other resorts and MK views. We went for the first time when we stayed at GF about 14 years ago and now it's a tradition for us ((( Fun )) Your having a wonderful trip and your weather looks fabulous!!

I think I had read your last review of Trail's End and thought that would be good for our upcoming trip so we changed from Chef Mickey's to Trail's End for breakfast. It will be saving us $80 for just one meal. That is a great deal in Disney if you ask me!!! We are going there for our first breakfast this trip. So looking forward to it and I am so glad that you like it again. Hoping that we like it just as much as you both do.

Mmm ... Dole Whip float! :cloud9:

Love the selfies with the Princesses, and clever you to score a FP+ for Anna and Elsa. :thumbsup2 I have to agree with Joh though, what is up with Elsa's wig? Anna looks adorable though!

I'm in the minority when it comes to mint chocolate chip ice cream as I really don't care for it. Shocking, I know. However I love the All American sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour! :love:

Looks like you and Rob had a blast out on the water! What a pleasant way to pass some time in the afternoon. :goodvibes

I cannot WAIT to try Trail's End in September. We're staying at WL, so it's a quick boat ride away. We're doing dinner (and paying with Disney Reward Dollars instead of a DDP credit since it's so cheap), but that pulled pork eggs benedict looks amazing!

Ok, so now I have to try Trails End for breakfast. Everything looks so Yummy, can't wait to try the pulled pork benedict!!

Hey there Mr. DDW! So glad you got a chance to catch up on the boards. Looks like you had fun on your most recent visit too. Shame about the flight delay though.

I'm curious to learn more about their lunch options now that I've tried breakfast and dinner. Both of which are fantastic.

I definitely enjoy the new layout at Les Halles as well. It makes it a lot easier to check out the selections and it's nice to not be crammed in that tiny building too. I keep hearing how good the ice cream place is. I am definitely going to have to check it out next time!
The last trip was definitely short but sweet. I'm sure the 24-hour event would've been more enjoyable if I'd gotten any sleep the night before, but it was still amazing being in MK for sunrise.

The lunch menu at Trail's End is really different from breakfast and dinner, since it's à la carte and includes some surprisingly unique takes on comfort food. My dish (a salad with berries and chicken) wasn't too special, but I see plenty of other choices that look interesting.

Definitely try the ice cream place! It might be overpriced, but I feel like the quality is worth it (which isn't always the case with Disney snacks). If you're a fan of mint chocolate ice cream, you should definitely try it at L'Artisan, where it seriously tastes like fresh mint. So good :goodvibes

Cool that you got to meet the Frozen sisters! The frenzy surrounding them makes me glad I don't bother with character meet and greets. :laughing: Agreed with the comments about Elsa, although it isn't the wig that bugs me. It's the cheap-looking dress (and something about that bodice makes me think of a wrestler, superhero, or disco ball). :confused:

Thanks for the Trails End breakfast review! I'm so tempted to wonder over there and eat one morning since we are staying at the WL. And it's such a bargain for Disney food.

You should definitely check it out since you'll be at WL. It's worth the short trip over! :thumbsup2

Seriously, what is up with Elsa's wig :rotfl: It's dire! I thought the Elsa we saw in Norway was bad but this one seems worse. Great selfie though (although Elsa looks even more unreal in that pic).

Get you, speed demons, up to almost 23mph in your little boat :sail:

I love mint choc chip ice cream and your cone looks just perfect.

:lmao: At least Anna's wig looked really good. She was just too darn cute.

That ice cream cone was awesome! I think the new goal next trip is to try as many different ice cream creations as we can stomach. This one will definitely be on that list.

After reading your review of Trails End for breakfast and seeing the pics, I had to make a reservation. We will be having breakfast there on June 19, can't wait! We love breakfast and eggs benedict are my favorites, will definitely have to try them.

Yay! I'm so glad you are going to try it! They have regular eggs benedict too, but the pulled pork kind are amazing. Hope you enjoy it!

I LOVE walking on rides! No waiting is the BEST! We honeymooned in the first week of September back in 2008 and literally everything was walk on or short wait. I would always always go in September but I think teachers would frown on my pulling Sophia out in the very beginning of the school year lol. That is why we settled for October...2 months in isn't bad right? :confused3

Rob didn't want to meet the coveted Anna & Elsa?!? For shame!!! :rotfl: I am glad you were able to meet them and the selfie is great! The girl who was Anna really looked the part! I am going to loosely aim to get a Fastpass when we are there but I am not going to do it until our first 3 are used up if its available. Luckily (as Disney crazy as we are) my kids aren't character crazy, they enjoy meeting them and what not but not to the point where we do them in the parks. I have 3 different character meals booked and that should cover the main ones that they like to meet.

I NEED that kitchen sink! They dropped the price down to $15!!! I want one so bad, I will eat it alone if I have to. Mint Choc Chip is one of my all time fav's and that cone of yours is making me crave one!! I love the Mickey ears, everything tastes better with those!

Aren't the little boat rentals great?? So relaxing and fun for something different to do!! I'll leave you with this little throwback....:cool2:
l.jpg

:dance3:

We have done September quite a few times and the crowds are great but the heat is unbearable sometimes. We were down there for our honeymoon in September 2009 and it was insane. It was record heat. I'm hoping it's not too bad this year in September. I plan on a lot of pool time for this upcoming trip.

Rob is soooooo not into the characters. A friend of mine wants to do a girl's trip next year and that would probably be my time to see all the characters. I don't care too much, but it is fun sometimes. I definitely couldn't pass up the FP for E&A.

Oh wow, I didn't realize they dropped the price! Now I'm definitely getting one of those Kitchen Sinks next time. Not a fan of the strawberry sauce, but I don't care. I just want to keep the container. :laughing:

That is such a cute picture! It looks like you two had a blast on your honeymoon! I haven't stayed at Poly since I was a little kid. I would love to go back there. Maybe I'll stay there again once they have DVC.

Oh what to do? Frozen girls? or frozen dole whip? I think you chose wisely lol ... Love that ice cream cone and Mickey ears to add to the fun : )
I love those little boats so fun to ride around the lake and see the other resorts and MK views. We went for the first time when we stayed at GF about 14 years ago and now it's a tradition for us ((( Fun )) Your having a wonderful trip and your weather looks fabulous!!

:laughing: I am definitely happy with my choice!

The ice cream cone was so yummy! The waffle cone was so fresh.

We had a blast on the boats! I think it will become a new tradition for us too. The weather was absolutely amazing! It was by far the best weather we have ever had down there.

I think I had read your last review of Trail's End and thought that would be good for our upcoming trip so we changed from Chef Mickey's to Trail's End for breakfast. It will be saving us $80 for just one meal. That is a great deal in Disney if you ask me!!! We are going there for our first breakfast this trip. So looking forward to it and I am so glad that you like it again. Hoping that we like it just as much as you both do.

Awesome! Gotta love saving some money in WDW. :thumbsup2 I hope you and your family enjoy breakfast there as much as we do!

Mmm ... Dole Whip float! :cloud9:

Love the selfies with the Princesses, and clever you to score a FP+ for Anna and Elsa. :thumbsup2 I have to agree with Joh though, what is up with Elsa's wig? Anna looks adorable though!

I'm in the minority when it comes to mint chocolate chip ice cream as I really don't care for it. Shocking, I know. However I love the All American sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour! :love:

Looks like you and Rob had a blast out on the water! What a pleasant way to pass some time in the afternoon. :goodvibes

I totally missed out on my Dole Whip this trip. Oh well, next time. :thumbsup2

I was quite thrilled with my selfies. Anna was so adorable. She just jabbered away the whole time. Elsa was pretty quiet. Probably worried about her wig. :lmao:

I almost got the All American Sundae and switched it up at the last second. That sundae is delicious though!

We had so much fun! It's nice to find something new to try in WDW. It's also nice to get away from the crowds too.

I cannot WAIT to try Trail's End in September. We're staying at WL, so it's a quick boat ride away. We're doing dinner (and paying with Disney Reward Dollars instead of a DDP credit since it's so cheap), but that pulled pork eggs benedict looks amazing!

OMG the dinner is amazing too! That review is coming up later, but it was so good. I am looking forward to having it again. It's definitely better to pay OOP for that meal since it's so cheap. Dinner even included your beverage! :thumbsup2

Ok, so now I have to try Trails End for breakfast. Everything looks so Yummy, can't wait to try the pulled pork benedict!!

Yes! You definitely have to try the pulled pork eggs benedict! I wish I could get it here at home.

The last trip was definitely short but sweet. I'm sure the 24-hour event would've been more enjoyable if I'd gotten any sleep the night before, but it was still amazing being in MK for sunrise.

The lunch menu at Trail's End is really different from breakfast and dinner, since it's à la carte and includes some surprisingly unique takes on comfort food. My dish (a salad with berries and chicken) wasn't too special, but I see plenty of other choices that look interesting.

Definitely try the ice cream place! It might be overpriced, but I feel like the quality is worth it (which isn't always the case with Disney snacks). If you're a fan of mint chocolate ice cream, you should definitely try it at L'Artisan, where it seriously tastes like fresh mint. So good :goodvibes

Cool that you got to meet the Frozen sisters! The frenzy surrounding them makes me glad I don't bother with character meet and greets. :laughing: Agreed with the comments about Elsa, although it isn't the wig that bugs me. It's the cheap-looking dress (and something about that bodice makes me think of a wrestler, superhero, or disco ball). :confused:

I am definitely trying L'Artisan this time! We decided to try as many different ice cream places as we can. That's our weird goal for next trip. :laughing: Now I just have to decide which flavor to try.

It was fun to meet E&A since it took me about 10 minutes, but there is NO WAY I would ever wait for 4+ hours to meet them. I am truly shocked that there are actually that many people willing to wait in that line. Seems crazy to me. I think Rob would throw me in the looney bin if I stood in that standby line all day. :lmao:

I am definitely trying L'Artisan this time! We decided to try as many different ice cream places as we can. That's our weird goal for next trip. :laughing: Now I just have to decide which flavor to try.

I would totally agree with Mr DDW that the mint chip at L'Artisan is delicious but don't make the same mistake as me and have it in the brioche bun, it just doesn't go. Be warned as well, they are HUGE scoops of ice cream. Sian made the mistake of having two scoops and could barely finish half.

I would totally agree with Mr DDW that the mint chip at L'Artisan is delicious but don't make the same mistake as me and have it in the brioche bun, it just doesn't go. Be warned as well, they are HUGE scoops of ice cream. Sian made the mistake of having two scoops and could barely finish half.

Thanks for the tip Joh! :thumbsup2 The brioche bun sounds interesting but I was wondering if it was actually good. Do they have cones there?

Thanks for the tip Joh! :thumbsup2 The brioche bun sounds interesting but I was wondering if it was actually good. Do they have cones there?

Yes, they have cones. Don't get me wrong, the brioche was good but it wasn't a good combination with the mint. I hate to say it, since I am not a vanilla girl, but it probably would have been better with vanilla or a 'plain' flavour.

Yes, they have cones. Don't get me wrong, the brioche was good but it wasn't a good combination with the mint. I hate to say it, since I am not a vanilla girl, but it probably would have been better with vanilla or a 'plain' flavour.

Gotcha. :thumbsup2 Hmmmm... too many decisions. I'm pouring over my September plans as we speak. I keep flip flopping on a few of my selections. I really want to try a few new places again next time, but I'm torn on which ones to try. Maybe I'll just eat ice cream the whole trip. Decision made!

I want the brioche ice cream sandwich AND the macaron ice cream sandwich!!! I seriously cannot decide!!! :confused3

After our lovely morning/afternoon we went back to the resort for some much needed pool time. I was seriously looking forward to the pool more than anything else this trip. We had a relaxing time at Jamaica's quiet pool and discussed what to have for dinner. We decided that this would be our day to walk around Epcot and partake in the F&G booths. We got ready and headed to Epcot for the evening.

During F&G Fest this year they had booths set up around WS much like F&W Fest. They even had the passport books you could get stamped, but I didn't bother with that this time. You could get the books stamped at the food booths and other various locations they had set up for F&G. There aren't as many booths as F&W, but it was still pretty cool and very fun. Some of these pics are from other nights, but I figured it would be easier to just put them all together since this was our main night we did the booths.

First up is Urban Farm Eats.

I never ended up trying anything here, but Rob had Vegan Vine Cabernet.

Next up was my favorite booth. Mexico's Jardin de Fiestas.

Rob and I both had the Taco al Pastor. Corn tortilla filled with Achiote-marinated pork garnished with grilled diced pineapple, onions and cilantro.

These were SO good! I think we ended up having three of these throughout the week. I couldn't resist them. I normally don't love corn tortillas and would prefer flour ones, but I quite enjoyed them here. I could have made a meal out of just these.

I also tried the Quesadilla de Hongos con Queso. Flour tortilla filled with mushrooms and cheese.

This was very basic, but delicious! If it had some sour cream or salsa to go with it, it would have been perfect.

Up next was China's Lotus House.

Rob tried the South Sea Storm. Guava with Light and Dark Rum.

I wanted to have the Lychee Water because I loved it at F&W, but I was never thirsty when I went by the booth. Bummer.

Up next was the Florida Fresh booth.

Rob got the Hurricane Class 5 Florida White Sangria.

They had the area back here done up so well. Lots of great plants and shade and it was really lovely.

Next up was Italy's Primavera Kitchen.

Rob had the Torta di Ricotta. Lemon Cheesecake with Limoncello Marinated Strawberries.

Next was The Smokehouse.

Rob and I both had the Smoked Beef Brisket with Collard Greens and Jalapeno Corn Bread.

This was very good! They had different bbq sauces for the brisket. I smothered mine in the sweet sauce. The corn bread was tasty and had a nice kick to it. The collard greens weren't the best I've ever had, but they were pretty good. They gave you a ton of them. Rob thought it was just okay.

I also tried the Piggylicious Bacon Cupcake with maple frosting and pretzel crunch and applewood smoked bacon.

Nothing special here. There was a lot of bacon in the cupcake, but you didn't get a lot of the flavor of it. The frosting was so sickeningly sweet. Half of this got tossed in the trash.

There were some great booths at the F&GF, I am really disappointed that we didn't get to try many of them. In fact, we only had the lemon scones from Cottage Garden. I so badly wanted the Spring Pancake from Lotus House and that Taco al Pastor (although I would have had to have it without the green gloop).

Up next was Hanami.

Rob had the Temaki Hand Roll. Sliced Panko fried chicken, curry sauce, rice and pickled julienne carrots wrapped with Nori.

He was less than thrilled with this. He was wishing he hadn't tried it. He said it was pretty boring.

Next was Taste of Marrakesh.

Rob had the Harissa Chicken Kebab with coucous salad.

He also had the Efes Lager.

He said it was just okay.

Next up was France's Fleur De Lys.

I had Confit de Canard, Pommes de Terre Sarladaise. Pulled duck confit with garlic and parsley potatoes.

This was fabulous! Loved the duck. It was so tender. The potatoes had a ton of flavor. It was greasy but tasty,

I also had the Gnocchis Parisienne a la Provencal. Parisian-style dumplings with vegetables, mushrooms and goat cheese.

This was very fresh, but very rich with all of the goat cheese. I let Rob have half of it and he really enjoyed it.

Up next was UK's Buttercup Cottage.

Rob had the Pork and Apple Sausage Roll with House-made Piccadilli.

He liked the sausage roll, but he HATED the piccadilli. He couldn't eat it. It all got tossed.

Last but not least was the Pineapple Promenade.

Rob and I both had the Tropical Mango Pale Ale.

This was fantastic! Very light and refreshing. It was so enjoyable to walk around WS sipping this beer.

I also had the Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade.

This was okay. It just tasted like lemonade. Was violet supposed to be the flavor, or just the color? Don't know, but it was just frozen lemonade dyed purple if you ask me.

All and all we enjoyed our time visiting the booths. Not the always the greatest food ever, but we had a few tasty items and we definitely enjoyed our evening strolling around WS and taking in the sights of F&G Fest.

There were some great booths at the F&GF, I am really disappointed that we didn't get to try many of them. In fact, we only had the lemon scones from Cottage Garden. I so badly wanted the Spring Pancake from Lotus House and that Taco al Pastor (although I would have had to have it without the green gloop).

Much like F&W there were still a few items I wanted to try, but never got to. I wanted everything at Pineapple Promenade and a few items at the Florida Fresh booth. The was on the fence about the scones, so I never ended uo trying those. However, I was still surprised that between the two of us we actually managed to get something from every booth. Not too shabby I suppose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter