May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by valbob89, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grandma x3

Grandma x3 DIS Veteran

We went on the EBPC in 2008 - it was fabulous - I've noticed that Disney no longer stops at Aruba as we did on that trip. We all loved Aruba. We had a dis group of over 200 people - it was such a fun time !!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WVURunner

WVURunner DIS Veteran

Sell the learning experiance! My niece and nephew had to give a presentation to the whole school on the Panana Canal-it's history and how it works. They sat through each lecture series and loved it!

That's correct, we didn't stop in Aruba. And honestly, I am glad we didn't. I do not like how their government handled Hatalee Halloway's disapperance and I am choosing not give them my tourism $ (even though I would love to dive there!)

[​IMG]

4. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

Perhaps when they release the dates some of us will be able to sign up together!

Yes, please!

Two hundred! Wow :goodvibes I would love to stop in Aruba some day. I have a friend who went there once and loved it.

Great picture pixiedust:

5. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Love the picture!! :)

6. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Does anybody think the Wonder may do the WBTA next year? I can't see them sailing the Magic back empty though from it's summer in the Med? I have read the Wonder can undergo it's major dry dock like the Magic will this year on the West Coast?

7. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

I don't sorry, I would go down the boring/non - creative route of having it made for me! I value my fingers as I am way too clumsy to use a sewing machine! ;)

8. twopeasonepod

twopeasonepod DIS Veteran

Super cute picture! I talked to my mom and DH yesterday. We are going!

9. WVURunner

WVURunner DIS Veteran

Awesome! Great choice! You will LOVE it. Make sure you sit through the lecture series, they are at 9:30AM but worth it and read the book The Path Between the Seas, start now as it is over 800 pages! I made a workbook for the kids with info on the canal and the countries were visited, if you would like a copy, PM me your email address and I can send it to you.

10. WVURunner

WVURunner DIS Veteran

I posted an excel list to the FB page listing those intersted in the private tours, if you haven't done so yet, can you please check and confirm the information?

Thanks!

11. twopeasonepod

twopeasonepod DIS Veteran

Thanks for the responses, guys! I still can't book with DCL (we're not even gold -- yet!), and I think that was part of the reason I hadn't really looked. I'm not even sure what to do -- so many choices.

Are there any "can't miss" tours on this sailing?

12. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Feel free to eventually add it to your post on Part Two Thread if you would like, and I can also link from first post on that thread :thumbsup2

13. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

I'm not on FB sorry :( But can confirm me and DB are definitely interested :)

14. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

When can I start to book the tastings onboard? I have read a great TR today and just so excited to try them all! How many exactly is there??

15. WVURunner

WVURunner DIS Veteran

I added the Tour info in my post on the new thread, thanks
    I gotcha ya! You confirmed on here already!

16. WVURunner

WVURunner DIS Veteran

Being forced to stay in and take it easy this weekend was great! I made 60 FE gifts so far!

17. MissAndrea

MissAndrea Mouseketeer

WVURunner has added the 3 hour tour (at my request...thank you! :hug: ) in Gibraltar. Here's the info if anyone is interested in joining DH, DD12, and me.

Tour C (approx. 3 hours)
    Europa Point/ Trinity Lighthouse
    Pillars of Hercules/Jews Gate
    St Michael's Cave
    Apes Den/Top of the Rock
    Great Siege Tunnels
    Moorish Castle/Tower of Homage

The tour is £210 that would be divided equally between anyone in this group, up to 8 people in a van.

18. WVURunner

WVURunner DIS Veteran

Don't forget:
    ADMISSION FEES
    Nature Reserve - £10.00 per person
    Admission for under 6 year olds - FREE

I have added this info on Thread Two along with the other two tours.

19. MissAndrea

MissAndrea Mouseketeer

Oops, forgot about the fee. Thanks for adding this and for coordinating everything!!

20. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Well done! I need to get my skates on :)

21. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Today Vicki and I decided to spend one more night in Barcelona post-cruise - primarily because there were award seats on the same American Airlines flights to JFK the next day. Vicki is on the same flight to Nashville, whereas I am booked on Newark to Chicago to Champaign flights. I HOPE something opens up from JFK (or LaGuardia) to Chicago between now and June 5, as I'd rather not have to get myself to Newark.

I have been reading reviews of Barcelona tour companies at Trip Advisor, and wishing I had a Rick Steves guide book for suggestions. I checked Amazon for his latest Spain guide book, then thought to check his web site to see what if he has anything just for Barcelona. Lo and behold - he just came out with a Barcelona guide book in January (http://travelstore.ricksteves.com/catalog/index.cfm?fuseaction=product&theParentId=162&id=532)! I am ordering it from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1612381952/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER), along with Eyewitness Barcelona and Catelonia in a new edition (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0756694744/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.