May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi -

We will be sailing on the Magic for the EBTA in May. Just learned about Fish Extender and would be interested in participating...how do we find more information.

Two days since the storm. No tornado, but I will spend most of tomorrow cutting up the half of a tree that came down.
:scared1: Glad it didn't come down on the house!

Hi -

We will be sailing on the Magic for the EBTA in May. Just learned about Fish Extender and would be interested in participating...how do we find more information.
:welcome: to the DISboards and to this cruise!

I think there's a link in the first post for the FE. Binkytell is in charge of it.

Sorry, I was wrong, the info about the FE is not on the first post of this thread. But MandyGirl has set up our next thread and the info is there. You shouldn't post on that thread yet, but you can click this link to see the posting that gives you the info. You'll need to contact binkytell.

chrisandedfromCT said:
Hi -

Welcome !:)

I'm even happier that it didn't come down on the power lines. Fortunately the side yard is large enough to miss house, power lines, and vehicles. Cutting this thing up is to much like real work. Instead of :coffee: I am :scared:

I'm even happier that it didn't come down on the power lines. Fortunately the side yard is large enough to miss house, power lines, and vehicles. Cutting this thing up is to much like real work. Instead of :coffee: I am :scared:

Yikes! Glad no one got hurt and that the tree missed the power lines. But bummed that you have to do real work. Wish you could do this instead :beach:

Is it looking postive yet?

Only 22 so far! I just might have to see if I can get someone to digitize this design and put it on my own shirt via my embroidery machine if this custom shirt thing falls thru.......

LOL...My bad more than yours. I haven't quite gotten the knack of reading further down to see if things have changed from an earlier post. If I am away from the keyboard (personal one anyway) and read a post, doesn't matter if there are 5 more pages to be read the post I am reading is "now". I'll learn one day...I promise. Maybe. But I will try. Can't promise though.

Hey, no problem, me either sometimes and I have to really sit down at computer with no distractions (like THAT ever happens) to make sure I don't miss it, but also want to make sure it gets done so sometimes I "speak" before I read! :lmao:

What a way to spend the weekend. Ugh.

DisneyMouseHouse said:
Only 22 so far! I just might have to see if I can get someone to digitize this design and put it on my own shirt via my embroidery machine if this custom shirt thing falls thru.......

That's what we will do too :)

People have received these emails from a couple of TA's - thought I would share here for anybody who may be interested :)

I am sending you this message because we are seeing more activity lately and expect an announcement from Disney soon about the rest of 2014. Here´s what we have determined. Keep in mind that this is all speculation right now as we don´t have anything official from Disney. We are basing this on information from port calendars and from others who have been onboard recently.

We expect the Disney Dream to continue her current schedule of 3 and 4 night sailings out of Port Canaveral. We do expect a dry dock in the fall of 2014 at some point, per maritime requirements.

We expect the Disney Fantasy to continue her schedule, alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings, though wouldn´t be surprised if she did more Eastern Caribbean sailings towards the end of the year, based on the port calendar from St. Maarten which shows her there each week.

We expect the Disney Magic will go back to the Mediterranean for the summer. Exact itineraries are difficult to determine right now, but we do have the port schedule for Villefranche which indicates the summer will be there. For those that have seen the port calendar, it was recently changed to add a day in July which tends to indicate the Magic will stay in the Mediterranean the entire summer, rather than go somewhere else in the middle of the summer.

We expect the Disney Wonder will go back to Alaska for the summer, which indicates another Panama Canal sailing sometime in May from Miami to California. Since the schedule is out through April, we don´t expect West Coast sailings, other than a repositioning cruise up to Vancouver or Seattle. We are leaning towards Vancouver as the embarkation port because crew onboard the Wonder have said that guests liked that itinerary better as it allowed for more time in ports. A screen capture surfaced yesterday of DCL´s website showing 9 night Alaskan Cruise and Sitka, Alaska. We cannot confirm this but think if they do have 9 night sailings, it will be only the first or last sailing to shift the day of the week they are in the ports of call and for embarkation and debarkation. After Alaska, the Wonder will likely go to dry dock. Following dry dock, we are expecting sailings to the Western Caribbean, based on the port calendar from Grand Cayman, but the port of embarkation is a mystery.

We expect an announcement the week of February 10, but it won´t likely happen before Monday. This would mean bookings for Platinum and Gold Castaway Club members would be no earlier than February 12. Based on recent releases, we don´t expect more than a day or two notice for these bookings. As soon as we get the scoop from Disney, we will let you know what is happening. We don´t know if they will release all of the ships at once or stagger them, but with the information we are finding, we expect at least the Magic and Wonder´s schedules will be released.

People have received these emails from a couple of TA's - thought I would share here for anybody who may be interested :)

We expect the Disney Wonder will go back to Alaska for the summer, which indicates another Panama Canal sailing sometime in May from Miami to California.

Oh, oh, oh!! Here's hoping for PC cruise that will be late enough in May for us to get on! Or early enough that we can be back in time for kids to make up two weeks of missed work! :lmao::lmao:

I am ALL ABOUT IT, too! That is pretty much my dream cruise (other than the Med). Not sure why, but I really really really want to go through the locks. Like bucket list want to. haha

I am ALL ABOUT IT, too! That is pretty much my dream cruise (other than the Med). Not sure why, but I really really really want to go through the locks. Like bucket list want to. haha

It is totally bucket list worthy! I was thrilled to be able to check it off mine. The locks were amazing to watch, the whole day was just such an experiance. This engineer was in LOVE! Also had some family history as my grandmother was born in the Panama Canal Zone during its construction. I could share some pictures if anyone would like to see them.

It is totally bucket list worthy! I was thrilled to be able to check it off mine. The locks were amazing to watch, the whole day was just such an experiance. This engineer was in LOVE! Also had some family history as my grandmother was born in the Panama Canal Zone during its construction. I could share some pictures if anyone would like to see them.

YES! PICTURES!!! Can you also post how to convince their school to let the boys out of class for 2+ weeks AGAIN? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter