May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by valbob89, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyMouseHouse

DisneyMouseHouse <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

You are welcome! It's a pretty cool site not to share.....

4. gonecrusin

gonecrusin DIS Veteran

That's enough to make anybody drink, lol.

What do you teach?

5. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Hopefully when we move to new thread (tomorrow ?) more people will see iron page one. Plus lots of new folks booking now that the ghty rates are out :)

6. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Lol! I taught middle school, high school and junior college math and then got my principal certification when I finished grad school. Now I am a stay at home mom but tutoring via the Internet, so still getting to work with students while having little ones at home :)

7. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

See it on page one...

Fat finger on the phone typing lol!

8. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

I'm pretty sure we won't get upgraded :rotfl2:

I keep reading about folks finding $400 tickets on Icelandic Air, so I wonder if we're just dumb. But this seems so much easier and the price doesn't seem that bad. But I love hearing that someone else thinks it's an excellent price. (I guess I need validation for outside :rotfl2: )

We wanted a split bath so we needed a 10 and finding good reviews wasn't easy on them. We're going to be on the first deck and I'm a little :scared1: but I'm trying to be :goodvibes

Crossing my fingers for you.

I wondered what iron meant in that post :laughing:

9. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Event Organizers:

Please be sure to update any "first page posts" of part two thread as I suspect we will be moving over there tomorrow!

I will be sending the forum moderator a PM in the morning and posting link on this page so that this thread can be closed. :goodvibes

10. twopeasonepod

twopeasonepod DIS Veteran

HAHAHA I'm so lame. I thought you meant for the WHOLE thing (cruise, airfare, transport). HAHAHAHAHAHAHASFJDOSUEIJRWLKNEFRLSJ

But the price (if you are saying from BCN to west coast) is okay. I would never pay the actual fare during the summer. Maybe in Feb. or Oct. or something....

11. twopeasonepod

twopeasonepod DIS Veteran

Okay yeah, obviously my ADHD isn't helping me scan your post with any success haha. So yeah, I think $1174 to get all of that is worth it. Because you are actually paying for two OWs, and those are rarely a good price. I think the whole "buy a RT, don't use the second half" is the way to go, but you would still need a one way anyway.

12. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

I would go to a pin trading event, but I am not a serious collector with lots of pins.

13. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

Way to burst my bubble :rotfl:

Yeah, the $1174 each is just the airfare, transfers and hotel on the night before the cruise. If it included our EBTA fares as well, now THAT would be pretty damn good!

Yeah, I was so confused with the flights and airfares. I wasn't finding anything that was better that didn't include six plane changes. But I'm not great at that stuff. This just seemed easier. I realize that Disney might give us six plane changes and not seat us together, but I just wasn't having luck piecing together flights for us. And I hated the thought of using a bunch of different airlines to get us home. Especially traveling with two young kids. I think I'm probably too timid and I'm not a world traveler.

Maybe next time I'll throw caution to the wind and do the crazy flights that are cheap :rolleyes1

14. LySand

LySand Mouseketeer

My workshops all weekend were Math Camp. I used to be a mathaphobe but I am loving all the new ways educators are looking at delivering the math curriculum. In order to graduate from my university we have to pass a math exam (up to grade 6). I think we are the only univ. so far that has that requirement. My math prof. is amazing :)

15. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

The nerd in me thinks that is SO COOL!! I taught all levels of math on the other end - from 6th grade through PreCalclulus with the aspirations of being a math curriculum coordinator. Then I started having children, and priorities changed. I work with children younger than 6th grade now and it is so intriguing how their minds operate as well as "new" ways math is being taught.

Okay -off my happy nerd kick now ;) Yay for having an amazing math prof! :thumbsup2

16. hmhaase

hmhaase Earning My Ears

My daughter and DH love trading pins! I just signed up on the website for this event!

17. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

Heads-up

I have now put in the request to close this original thread as we are approaching 250 pages.

I believe we are now able to start posting on Part Two (a couple organizers are still doing updates and if there is a late organizer I can always link their post to page one):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.