May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by valbob89, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

I was referring to 2014, apologies I should have put 2014 in my original post, not next year.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

I'm partial to be a glass or two of cider myself :)

I prefer spirits/cocktails but fruity cold cider can be lovely in the heat.

4. DisneyMouseHouse

DisneyMouseHouse <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Heat? Where is there "heat" in the UK? Even in the summer we practically froze our you-know-what's off! :rotfl:

5. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Haha! That is very very true!

OK, I love a fruity cider on the very odd, rare day we get a summer day.

Where have you visited over here?

6. DisneyMouseHouse

DisneyMouseHouse <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Have been to London (just one weekend), Silverstone (so DH could do the F1 race) while we stayed in Warwick, visited the castle there and Cadbury (of course!), then also drove up into Scotland - Edinburg, Inverness and Stirling.....it was a very "whirlwind" tour but I really want to go back some day and see more!

Very interesting driving on the "wrong" side of the road - hahaha

DH and I wanted to see a bit of Scotland because we're into the Diana Gabaldone "Outlander" series and went more or less to see some of the things that were discussed in the book(s)....

Everywhere over there is very beautiful, I love the old architecture - stuff you CAN'T see here 'cuz we're not that old (country wise!) - LOL

7. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

We were very fortunate when we were in London in June of 2010. We had gorgeous, warm and sunny weather for our 3 days pre-cruise. I know it was rare because most of the locals we talked to told us how lucky we were.

8. DisneyMouseHouse

It was July of 2010 when we were there - and by then it had gotten pretty cold, wet and rainy, so yes, you were lucky! And of course, the further we went north, the colder it got.......

Only good thing was that it didn't rain for the F1 race, or else DH would have been out there really freezing.....

Same trip we went from there to Greece where it was 104 in the shade - quite a wild trip that one was, and interesting to pack for!

9. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Lovely, I am not that far from Warwick or Cadbury world. I do love our history, it's fascinating.

10. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

London is beautiful in the sun, it makes everything gorgeous doesn't it :)

11. twopeasonepod

twopeasonepod DIS Veteran

I forgot how much I love a Snakebite! No real chance to have that here. Reminds me of college haha.

12. twopeasonepod

Thanks for the info! My Spanish is pretty rusty (last time was Junior year in undergrad so over 20 years ago haha), but I got most of what she said.

13. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

It is absolutely gorgeous. My DD17 traveled to Ireland and the UK for a school trip last May and it was chilly, rainy, cloudy and gray most of the trip. She still had a great time because traveling with your peers is much more exciting than traveling with your parents.;)

14. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

I hope everyone had a wonderful Monday! Definitely BUSY but I can't complain. :thumbsup2

I was booking another cruise for a client today -- for Thanksgiving -- and it made me sad to realize when they are embarking their cruise, our's will have already been over by six months. Wowsers! I know our's will be here before we know it! (Well, 3 months and 13 days to be exact, depending on your current timezone!) ;)

15. padalyn

padalyn Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't

we are almost at the 100 day mark...my countdown in my phone (to May 17 the day I "walk" and we leave for this amazing trip) says 101 days.

Looking forward to this SSSSOOO much.

check list:

transport from NJ to Phili airport - done
    air from Phili to Hobby - done (again!)
    Transport from Hobby to Galveston - done
    Hotel in Galveston - done
    Cruise - oh yea....
    Barcelona - transport to hotel - done
    Barcelona - hotel - done
    Barcelona - tranport from hotel to airport - done
    Air to CDG - done
    transport from CDG to DLRP - gonna use the train - no prepurchase
    DLRP reservation - done
    tickets to DLRP - <<<_____>>>>DVC's price is better than anything I can find online - LOS tickets are 150 ea (USD). gotta call and pay for them is all.
    transport from DLRP to CDG - <<<____>>> [gotta look into this - my friend hasn't answered his FB message yet!]
    Air to Iceland - done
    Iceland tour of golden circle - done
    air from Iceland to JFK - done
    JFK to home - done

Whew....only 2 pieces left!! The tickets are a no brainer -

how is everyone else doing on their checklists??

Cayla

16. gonecrusin

gonecrusin DIS Veteran

17. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Good for you!

We are ready to go! Our final piece was the transfer to the ship from the airport, and we ordered them over the weekend!:goodvibes

18. WVURunner

WVURunner DIS Veteran

Your checklist is way more done than mine! Hopefully the PHL to HOU doesn't change, I don't want to have to redo it. I figure since you already had a flight issue, the second flight will be fine for you and therefore fine for us!
    What transport are you using from HOU to Galveston?

19. twopeasonepod

Um, certainly not as well as you are!

We still need to purchase:

RT tix HNL-IAH (I look all the time, waiting for the price drop)
    Transportation to Galveston (just been lazy, I know which limo company I'm using)
    Transport to hotel in Barcelona
    Transport to BCN

Thankfully, we have family in Houston so we can stay with them on the way back! But BOOO the Astros are on the road so we can't go to any games.

20. Tubbsteruk

Tubbsteruk Earning My Ears

Hi guys,

I've been looking at what to do in Madeira as when we visited on the 2011 WBTA we did the HOHO bus around Funchal and found it to be expensive and disappointing (could have walked easier)

I've looked at the DCL tours and they seem a bit pricey ($300 for 3 of us to go to the beach:eek::eek:).

We fancied going further afield this time and I looked at doing it independently for a bit more freedom rather than a taxi/tour (Sarah's (binkytell) stories of the volcanic pools in 2011 sounded great:thumbsup2).

I've found a car hire firm - www.bravacar.com.pt - who will collect you from the port area and are very reasonable, for an economy car (ford fiesta, Renault Clio) from 1030-1830 it's only £14.

May be of interest for anyone wanting to head out out on a bit of an independent tour

Paul

21. dee slack

dee slack DIS Veteran

The car hire sounds a good idea, will take a look at that. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.