Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Yes you apply tattoos the same way you would on skin. Just make sure base coat is fully dry before u apply the tattoos. Remember water n wet nail polish don't mix well so also make sure after applying tattoo you wait a few minutes for the water to dry in the band n tattoo before u apply base coat on top.

Welcome
Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks so much for this info !!! No one else has mentioned waiting for the tattoo to DRY before applying base coat over it - I am positive that would I would have jumped right for my base coat upon seeing the tattoo adhere to the first base coat - Pays to Wait !!!!

first of all, amazing bands everyone! I can't draw to save my life, so I am looking into printing my own. I found printable rub-on paper and printable vinyl and I was wondering which seems to hold up better. Thanks in advance!

I was so very inspired by everyone's magic bands...you don't want to know how long it took me to look through all 168 pages, but I didn't want to miss one!

While my husband worked nights last week, I drug out all my nail polish and just went for it!! I can't wait to wear mine!!

First, is our Wish Kid's, and as the man of the hour I thought Mickey was very fitting:

13223_10155471485985578_5475470179873048904_n_zpsexn73m9h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then, DS numero dos, is our silly little man, so Goofy it is:

Baby Girl has blonde hair and looks beautiful in blue, so, of course, Cinderelly!

And then, there's mine. Beauty and the Beast is my FAVE of all time princess story so it's BELLE!

I hope you like them and they inspire someone else like y'all have inspired me!

I was so very inspired by everyone's magic bands...you don't want to know how long it took me to look through all 168 pages, but I didn't want to miss one!

While my husband worked nights last week, I drug out all my nail polish and just went for it!! I can't wait to wear mine!!

First, is our Wish Kid's, and as the man of the hour I thought Mickey was very fitting:

[/URL][/IMG]

Baby Girl has blonde hair and looks beautiful in blue, so, of course, Cinderelly!

And then, there's mine. Beauty and the Beast is my FAVE of all time princess story so it's BELLE!

Those came out fantastic! Great job! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip!

Knew that no one out there but you all on this thread would get it, but we were thrilled that the hotel we stayed at the night before we got to WDW came equipped with a special Magic Band drying rack! Who knew!!!!:rotfl2:

ThumbCosplay003.jpg
Too funny ! ( sure you are not the only ones using the rack this way ;) )

I have to ask again, because I haven't gotten an answer yet . . .

I have a while before our next trip, but I'm beginning to practice now (DH wants a painted Olaf and I'm sooo not a painter :scared:) and I have a question cause I think I may have to come up with some more themes. I know we get bands for our regular park tickets, but we are also attending 2 of the Halloween parties while we are there. Will we get separate bands for the parties and if so do we get bands for each of the parties? I'm confused . . .

Thanks for this info - Have you found any info on whether to put Base Coat over SHARPIE ink ? My sons have used sharpies to personalize their bands but I am thinking of putting something over them to protect them / just in case they want to go swimming with them still on. They are not sure they want anything SHINY over their bands but I think they would look better and last longer.
I found that the sharpie can run a little when u coat it with nail polish...try getting it wet and see if it stays on. The shinny polish isn't that attractive in my opinion. I don't think the boys will like it. But....u can try it and remove it with nail polish remover or straight acetone.

[/URL][/IMG]

You did a great job! I love them all. Especially Goofy. :-)

I have a while before our next trip, but I'm beginning to practice now (DH wants a painted Olaf and I'm sooo not a painter :scared:) and I have a question cause I think I may have to come up with some more themes. I know we get bands for our regular park tickets, but we are also attending 2 of the Halloween parties while we are there. Will we get separate bands for the parties and if so do we get bands for each of the parties? I'm confused . . .

No, you do not get a MagicBand for the parties, just your ticket.
Technically, you get the bands for a resort stay, and they just also have your tickets on them (much like pre-MB, your KTTW card was both your hotel room key and ticket). Which is why those who stay off-site don't get MBs (unless they choose to buy them)

I have to ask again, because I haven't gotten an answer yet . . .

There just the heavy paper/light plastic bracelets. Similar to ones you get for the county fair.

I have a while before our next trip, but I'm beginning to practice now (DH wants a painted Olaf and I'm sooo not a painter :scared:)
You could always use clip art to design something and then upload it to Magicyourband.com. Many here have seemed to have success with it.

Just received our vinyl stickers from magicyourband today...I must say I'm very impressed. Bands for our custom uploaded images came out exactly as I hoped, and they even threw in a few extras. If you're going to upload your own images, make sure you follow their guidelines on resolution. Our bands printed very sharp, not even a hint of pixellation. We don't receive our actual magicbands for another couple of weeks, so when we get those I'll put the stickers on and show off some pictures on here.

[/URL][/IMG]

Excellent job! These are awesome!

Just wanted to share that disney doesn't want us decorating our bands according to the person I just spoke to about our bands still not being shipped. I thought you all may want to be enlightened after this 168 page thread and the countless compliments we receive when wearing them at the parks. I was tempted to say, lady you got jokes! :teeth:

I found that the sharpie can run a little when u coat it with nail polish...try getting it wet and see if it stays on. The shinny polish isn't that attractive in my opinion. I don't think the boys will like it. But....u can try it and remove it with nail polish remover or straight acetone.

We have used sharpie on nearly all our bands. Just remember to used it AFTER the clear coat or other polish is dry. Will work fine on top, but will smear if coated over.

Oh how I wish I was gifted in this area! I love seeing everyone's magicbands and their awesome ideas!
It wasn't hard with the glitter paints. I finished mine in less than an hour. If you mess up acetone will remove it :) the only color that smudged was black and even the acetone would make it go away completely. Duct tape worked great too and sticks well! Good luck!

I'm so glad that I found this thread. I hadn't even thought about decorating the bands myself. I've done a few of mine so far. They're all broken down to "kid size" because I have smaller wrists and I don't actually wear the bands much anyway. I don't know how everyone is making such neat bands without breaking them apart. My first was a mess!

I didn't want all white bands, but wanted the images brighter so I used a glitter white polish. It was just enough to lighten the band for the image, but not take away the original color completely. It worked out perfectly! Only Aurora is a little pink in her face. These are all brighter than the pic shows.

The sides of the Snow White band didn't turn out so I cleared the images and left it. I loved the color of the band, despite the mistakes. :) It's tough to tell in the pic, but Tiana's band has a tiny star in the smaller Mickey head for Evangeline. :goodvibes

This was too much fun. I need more magic bands!
Great job on all of these ! Thanks for the tip about the white glitter polish - just happened to buy some yesterday !!!!

Anyone know where I can find an actual sized magic band template to print to try a few designs? I'm thinking of trying. Magic my Band but have to figure out what will fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter