Disney Wonder - Galveston to San Jaun - January 20, 2017

Welcome aboard Jason!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Yeah!!!! Another cruiser!!!
I will add you to the roll call, and to the FE.
I will work on getting an FE welcome message put together that will have all of the information we will need for the spreadsheet. When I have that and a spreadsheet set and ready, I will let you know. Until then, you will need to make 5 more posts to reach the minimum of 10 post to open your Personal Message function (that is how we will share information for the FE spreadsheet - keeping the FE in the PM's allows private info {names, cabin #'s, etc.} to stay private, plus we don't have to worry about digging through pages on this thread (positive thinking:D) trying to find everyone's info).

Quick question- My family has been looking at return flights, which has gotten us thinking about luggage and space. That train of thought got us thinking about the FE's. With all of the FE's that I have been a part of prior to this cruise, we seem to bring home more (in the form of FE goodies) than we take (which is crazy beings that we have tended to deliver 5 different days worth of gifts each time). So, we were thinking, and were hoping to get some feedback, about limiting the group sizes, and requesting that everyone aims for either small (in size) gifts, or consumable items (such as candy, soaps, pirate lure, or something of the like). What is your opinion?

~Tink~
In thinking about your FE question, yes I agree smaller items would be good. I am not a fan of Pirate lure or oriental trader type stuff though. Maybe candy but people have many different preferences so that might be hard. I think a small thoughtful something would be best. Like ornaments, magnets for the doors something with the ship or ship oriented to remember your trip. Not chinzy type of things. Just my thoughts :)

In thinking about your FE question, yes I agree smaller items would be good. I am not a fan of Pirate lure or oriental trader type stuff though. Maybe candy but people have many different preferences so that might be hard. I think a small thoughtful something would be best. Like ornaments, magnets for the doors something with the ship or ship oriented to remember your trip. Not chinzy type of things. Just my thoughts :)
Sounds like we are on the same wave length. My ideas for the kids, are small, and entertaining (good for the airplane ride home). Then the others are small, and won't take up much space.
If you decided to go with the magnets, and want to use one of my ideas / pictures, just PM me, and I can get the one you like more print ready for you.
Oh, and by the way, magnets are good for inside the cabin as well. Heavier magnets with clippies work good to keep excursion tickets, calendars, and the like on magnetic surfaces inside the room. And clothes pins are great for keeping wet swim suits on the line in the bathroom. We have received several different decorated clothes pins as FE's through out our different cruises, and I have always appreciated them.
AHHHHHH! Now you have my head spinning with a bunch of new ideas (not in the direction of clothes pins by the way). What a dilema: do I go forward with what I was planning, or head in a new direction?????

~Tink~

Pirate lure got me thinking as well......

What do you think is a best pack for pirate night...

Should I wear my pirate outfit (I have the full get up, but the hat is a bit bulky)?

or....

Should I wear my Tinkerbell out fit (the only thing bulky in that is my wings)?

~Tink~

Pirate lure got me thinking as well......

What do you think is a best pack for pirate night...

Should I wear my pirate outfit (I have the full get up, but the hat is a bit bulky)?

or....

Should I wear my Tinkerbell out fit (the only thing bulky in that is my wings)?

~Tink~
hhhmmmmm I kinda feel like you need to be Tinkerbell. I don't have anything, I am not sure if I will dress up. Do a lot of people get dressed up? Maybe I will get something. I will have to get my daughter an outfit for sure :)

Sounds like we are on the same wave length. My ideas for the kids, are small, and entertaining (good for the airplane ride home). Then the others are small, and won't take up much space.
If you decided to go with the magnets, and want to use one of my ideas / pictures, just PM me, and I can get the one you like more print ready for you.
Oh, and by the way, magnets are good for inside the cabin as well. Heavier magnets with clippies work good to keep excursion tickets, calendars, and the like on magnetic surfaces inside the room. And clothes pins are great for keeping wet swim suits on the line in the bathroom. We have received several different decorated clothes pins as FE's through out our different cruises, and I have always appreciated them.
AHHHHHH! Now you have my head spinning with a bunch of new ideas (not in the direction of clothes pins by the way). What a dilema: do I go forward with what I was planning, or head in a new direction?????

~Tink~
I love your ideas. I want to do something good for my first time doing it. I am thinking............

hhhmmmmm I kinda feel like you need to be Tinkerbell. I don't have anything, I am not sure if I will dress up. Do a lot of people get dressed up? Maybe I will get something. I will have to get my daughter an outfit for sure :)
A majority of the cruisers do something piratey (even if it is just a bandanna around the head, an eye patch, or even some pirate makeup). We have seen people as dressed up as you would see for a play (or the Renaissance festival). However, on the flip side, some choose a costume as simple as a pirate T-shirt. So, there is no pressure to dress up. It just makes it a lot of fun! This goes back to the FE discussion. That is why we started giving bonus FE's the night before pirate night. That way, if the recipient did not bring pirate garbs, they would have something that they could wear if they wanted.

As for our family, have matching pirate Mickey t-shirts for the day, and then our cosplay costumes for the night.

~Tink~

A majority of the cruisers do something piratey (even if it is just a bandanna around the head, an eye patch, or even some pirate makeup). We have seen people as dressed up as you would see for a play (or the Renaissance festival). However, on the flip side, some choose a costume as simple as a pirate T-shirt. So, there is no pressure to dress up. It just makes it a lot of fun! This goes back to the FE discussion. That is why we started giving bonus FE's the night before pirate night. That way, if the recipient did not bring pirate garbs, they would have something that they could wear if they wanted.

As for our family, have matching pirate Mickey t-shirts for the day, and then our cosplay costumes for the night.

~Tink~
Well I guess I need to start shopping :) I like the bonus FE Option

Pirate costume tips so you don't go over board (yes, pun intended!).

Pants, capris, t-shirts, and the like, that are old and on their way out make a good starting place for a costume. You can cut the bottoms of a pair of old jeans in a jagged manor, and pair that with an old t-shirt that you have done a little cutting to as well.
Now for those of you that don't have kids that wear through their clothes faster than they grow, Goodwill is a good place to look for worn out clothing items to make into the perfect costume (and for mom, there is never a shortage of puffy pirate type shirts there).

Another simple idea, is to make a pirate mickey head shirt (I have the pattern if anyone wants to try their hand at sewing on an applique), and match it with a pair of jeans or denim shorts.

Then throw on a bandanna, and you are all set to go.

Pinterest has some great ideas for home made costumes.

~Tink~

I just found some stuff on Etsy!!! Love that sight :)
I know, it is a guilty pleasure.
There is a couple that was on our last cruise, that has a shop for screen printing shirts on Etsy. I usually sew or hand paint all of our shirts, but I am trusting them with my new Star Wars themed shirts for the cruise. I drew up a design, and sent it to them yesterday. I am soooooo excited. Best thing about it, is using Etsy supports small businesses!!!!!

So I guess we are just way ahead and big planners. How long does it take until we will start to see other people join our group?

So I guess we are just way ahead and big planners. How long does it take until we will start to see other people join our group?
Ahead???? Big Planners????:confused3
Nah, everyone else is just slaking off!!!!!!
You are always welcome to join my OCVPD support group (Obsessive Compulsive Vacation Planning Disorder Support Group)! :grouphug: :rotfl2:

I am expecting to see more people join closer to the summer. That is usually when people have a little extra time to dedicate to planning. But once we start seeing new members, there is a good chance the flood gates will open.

On our last cruise (this past Nov.), we were getting worried near the beginning of the summer that we were not going to have enough people to even make 1 group of 10 for the FE. Then all of a sudden, one after another joined. We filled up 3 FE groups of 10 from June till October. And then after we closed sign ups, another 10 people joined in the span of 2 days. They all wanted to be part of the FE, so we set up 1 last group for them. This is not to mention the other members who joined that were not doing the FE. We had enough people to have a 125 person ice cream social. And they all joined the group from June to Oct.

Having recent posts, makes us easier to find. That is why I was posting to myself while I was waiting for our first few members. When we get closer to the summer, I will start posting Monday Forget Me Not's (which are fun reminders to add to your packing list) to keep the conversation flowing. Another cruiser was asking for tips and hints on our last cruise, which led to the Monday Forget Me Nots. It was fun, and the first time cruisers found it helpful. So, I figured why not add it in this time around as well. Another way to keep the conversation going so we can easily be found is to start thinking and planning things like meets, mixology, group name, and things like that.

I know the growth of the group seems to be a slow trickle right now, but I am confident that it will grow to a good size before long.

~Tink~

I'm here! Just staying quiet while focusing on our May trip :)
But I am reading and will be more active as it gets closer.

I have lots of questions about excursions and staying 2 nights in San Juan.

Have a great weekend!

I'm here! Just staying quiet while focusing on our May trip :)
But I am reading and will be more active as it gets closer.

I have lots of questions about excursions and staying 2 nights in San Juan.

Have a great weekend!
Ohhhh! An opportunity to learn more about San Juan. Not only will I get a chance to do some research, but we will also be able to get some first hand experience from We Want to Wreck-it. She has been wonderful with contributions about things like the food, and must sees.
I look forward to hearing about your trip (even though I will be sobbing silently as I read .... since this is not a park year :(), and learning more about our destination.

~ Tink ~

Welcome aboard Jason!

Yeah!!!! Another cruiser!!!
I will add you to the roll call, and to the FE.
I will work on getting an FE welcome message put together that will have all of the information we will need for the spreadsheet. When I have that and a spreadsheet set and ready, I will let you know. Until then, you will need to make 5 more posts to reach the minimum of 10 post to open your Personal Message function (that is how we will share information for the FE spreadsheet - keeping the FE in the PM's allows private info {names, cabin #'s, etc.} to stay private, plus we don't have to worry about digging through pages on this thread (positive thinking:D) trying to find everyone's info).

Quick question- My family has been looking at return flights, which has gotten us thinking about luggage and space. That train of thought got us thinking about the FE's. With all of the FE's that I have been a part of prior to this cruise, we seem to bring home more (in the form of FE goodies) than we take (which is crazy beings that we have tended to deliver 5 different days worth of gifts each time). So, we were thinking, and were hoping to get some feedback, about limiting the group sizes, and requesting that everyone aims for either small (in size) gifts, or consumable items (such as candy, soaps, pirate lure, or something of the like). What is your opinion?

~Tink~
I am good either way but I k ow my DW would much prefer smaller rather than larger. In the past when we have participated we brought things that were easily collapsible so we could take as well and bring home easier. Thanks and I will get to the 10 posts. I am sort of new to the Dis Boards.

Hi!
1st cruise, how exciting! :D
What ever questions you have, fire away. I love to talk Disney!:chat:
I will add you to the roll call, and the FE.
In order to share all of the information for the FE, you will need to get up to 10 posts, so that we can start PMing (or using the message feature). This is a simple task. Just post short little posts (like: hi! or please explain the FE; or, even a days till we sail) until the number in the bottom right hand corner of your name box is 10 (you are currently at 2).

Quick word of advice (or WARNING!!!).....Disney Cruising is addictive!::yes::

One quick question I am asking anyone wanting to join the FE. Beings that we all have to consider luggage for our return flight, what is your opinion of limiting the groups to 10 cabins per group, and trying to keep gifts small (easily pack-able) or consumable (like candy, snacks, or even small coloring books or games)?

~Tink~
This will be our 4th Disney cruise and I am still learning to navigate all this. I try to just have fun and go with the flow. Jason P.

Hello Everyone :)
What dinner seating to you all prefer? Right now I have the main seating. My last cruise I did late (not a Disney Cruise) This was before I had my daughter. Do you guys know what time the seating's are?

With a younger child we have always done the early or main dining. We find that our kids eat earlier and are less cranky when fed...LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter