Nonheated pool in May?

charissemp

Mouseketeer
We found out that the pool heater is broken in the hotel that we have reserved for mid-May. Do you have an opinion whether the pool will be warm enough to swim? I am considering switching hotels, but the next best option is about $600 more.
Thanks for any insight.

That’s frustrating. Are they really not going to have it fixed by mid-May? I’ve been to DL many times in May. Most years it is in the high 70s or low 80s. One year, we hit a heat wave and it was 105+ all week! I would have loved an unheated pool that year!

Are you planning that much time at the pool that it would warrant changing hotels? The pools are fairly shallow but I would expect the water temps to be in the low 70s uncovered unheated.

Does that include the seperate VDH pool?

That’s frustrating. Are they really not going to have it fixed by mid-May? I’ve been to DL many times in May. Most years it is in the high 70s or low 80s. One year, we hit a heat wave and it was 105+ all week! I would have loved an unheated pool that year!
Yes, I called and they said the estimated repair date was June. Such a bummer.

This is a good neighbor hotel, and the depth is 11 feet. I think we've decided to switch to The Grand Legacy. Thanks!
Oh, and the pool is important because I have a 20 year old with autism. At DisneyWorld, we always go back to the hotel to give her time to recharge from crowds by swimming, one of her favorite things. So, that is why it is worth changing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter