BIG change to FP+ today

It's a test right now, but it seems to indicate to me that they are concerned about prebooking availability for those rides. Maybe they are thinking that if you are staying there a week, you would probably spend two days at Epcot to see it all anyway, so if they break those two rides up, no big deal, you just ride the other one the other day.

I agree with you there. I still think they are weighing all of there options yet tho.

Those dates aren't correct. The screen shot above is from November 13th. Also the FP+ I booked for a friend at Epcot for tonight have been changed. She no longer has Soarin and Test Track, just Maelstrom. I hope that part is a glitch.

Well that's what I saw from others about this change so I posted what I found. It's a test not everything is going to be correct

Now if they do this at MK then I'll be against it. It works at EPCOT due to the lack of real headliners but if they only let you ride one of the Mountains people will go ballistic.

Well the screenshot on my phone thing won't work because the fastpass+ on my MDE app is completely messed up and totally different than the ones I see when I log in via my computer.

I won't be changing my fastpass+ reservations around now even though I had planned to change a bunch of times. You know it was just yesterday I thought "They had planned to test fastpass+ by putting rides in tiers.. I wonder what happened to that? Thank goodness they aren't doing that now." I kid you not.

What a freaking mess.

LOL, I am still a 'supporter' (if that's what you want to call it) of FP+. I still realize that they are testing this whole thing and they have to see what works and what doesn't.

I think in the longrun, it will be a positive change, for me at least and others that tour like me. We are the late risers that arrive around 11 or noon and stay late and close the parks. We never do RD. I did it once and I was so stressed out I will never do it again, until my kids are older and they tell me they want to do it.

This definitely is not something I want to see, but I understand that Disney has to test the system the way they see fit.

I wouldn't be happy being a guinea pig during my vacation unless some other perk was thrown my way. Paying lots of money to test a buggy system with the possibility of it ruining said vacation. No Thanks

For those going in December - I just checked my FP+ reservations for Epcot on Dec. 7th, and they are still intact. I did a printout of "My Reservations" just to be safe.

I would too. But the big supporters of FP+ seem to be the late sleepers. If you still have to be there at rope drop, it sort of negates that benefit.

In response to the complaint about only being able to get a FP+ for either TT or Soarin, someone suggested doing one at RD. That's fixing a problem that wasn't there until they decided to fix something that wasn't broken.

This.
:headache:

Yep. Definitely weighing options. Maybe they are concerned about when all of the APs and other offsite tickets come on board.
I think that is a big thing that is playing into it. If this works out I would expect it to go to all the parks but it may be hard at Mk.

LOL, I am still a 'supporter' (if that's what you want to call it) of FP+. I still realize that they are testing this whole thing and they have to see what works and what doesn't.

I think in the longrun, it will be a positive change, for me at least and others that tour like me. We are the late risers that arrive around 11 or noon and stay late and close the parks. We never do RD. I did it once and I was so stressed out I will never do it again, until my kids are older and they tell me they want to do it.

This definitely is not something I want to see, but I understand that Disney has to test the system the way they see fit.

:thumbsup2

Have always said even one headliner is better than the current system for us, but will try to stay on the down low because 2 or 3 would still be better. Still zero chance we will be in a park before noon.

As for EPCOT-we have actually met at IG late am, walked in-then everyone went back to BCV to either hit SAB or breakfast, while just one of us walked over to TT before all FP were gone.

That way we would have at least one FP for TT that week. It was actually nice to have that FP for later when we were ready to go into EPCOT.

Ugh - not happy about this.

I was already able to choose FP+ rides during that time on my BF's ticket, but i'm getting a special rate ticket that I can't link until I get there. Hopefully this wont' mess with the plan to get me on teh same FP+ times as his ticket once we get there....

I wouldn't be happy being a guinea pig during my vacation unless some other perk was thrown my way. Paying lots of money to test a buggy system with the possibility of it ruining said vacation. No Thanks

This isn't a matter of the system being buggy. Not everyone has encountered bugs in this process.

This is WDW FP+ developers being morons! This was an intentional change and personally, I hope that everyone will send them an email complaining about the changes. They won't know that we are unhappy unless we tell them.

I could see it at DHS to try to space out the DHS crowds from TSMM.

::yes:: Although I think everyone will still choose TSMM. But it would spare some availability at either ToT or RnR to do the same thing there. I think if they felt the need here, they can't help but feel the need there as well.

For my Epcot day, I have 3 "headliners" booked for the 3 members of my party who have linked tickets on MDE. The other 2 have to get their tickets converted when we arrive. Will I be able to copy those fastpasses over or am I out of luck because of this change?

I am having a similar situation. DD and I will be in parks Dec. 5. DH can't take off of work and get there until the night of Dec. 9. He is not listed on our package because he will not have nine day park hoppers; he only needs 5 day hoppers. We will have to add him to our resort and buy his passes when he arrives. I had planned to copy our fp+ to him then. DD and I have all three "headliners" as our 3 fp+ booked now. I hope we will still be able to copy our fp+ to DH! :confused3

I don't know why people are complaining about this..
This opens up more times for FP-...
Nobody's forcing you to take part of the test.. With these restrictions regular FP people will have better chances to do their "thing" now..

We wouldn't have been affected by this anyway, as we don't enjoy Test Track or Mission: Space, and didn't use one of our selections on them.

Now, if this had been the Studios and they were restricting ToT, RnRC, and TSMM I would have been a bit shaken up even though I made my FP+ selections as soon as I could and tweaked them to our liking already. Won't be touching *anything* now, and I've printed out the pages with all of our FP+ times and will have my sister take a screenshot of each park's FP+ page on her phone. I'm paranoid like that.

Incidentally, I just went to look at my checkout day (Jan 1) and I have Soarin available but not TT.

I am becoming more & more comfortable with my decision not to renew my AP. I will miss my trips, but honestly... I miss my trips from 2011, so no use throwing good money after bad. Each trip it gets harder and harder to tour as we like.

But here's the difference between you and me then. I'm not going to let the fact that I can't ride Soarin' or might have to stand in a longer line for it, RUIN my vacation.

This is where this is being blown out of proportion, IMO. Does it stink that they did this? Yes it does. Does it make riding those rides harder? Yes. But it won't ruin my vacation. My vacation consists of a lot more than just being able to ride headliner rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter