BIG change to FP+ today

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Sheilby, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Sheilby

Sheilby Labels aren't my thing

Right? I just hope this shuts up the people who say it is wrong to keep pulling paper fastpasses during this test.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kristibo42

Kristibo42 DIS Veteran

Mine have not changed.

4. shadeauxe

shadeauxe Mouseketeer

All three of my FP+ are in that first group (12/9). Guess I won't be changing them. ;)

5. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

It's a test right now, but it seems to indicate to me that they are concerned about prebooking availability for those rides.

Maybe they are thinking that if you are staying there a week, you would probably spend two days at Epcot to see it all anyway, so if they break those two rides up, no big deal, you just ride the other one the other day.

6. surferdave

surferdave Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs righ

That's no "glitch", it's too specific a structure in the database interface. The best to hope for is it's something they're testing and may not keep, or something they built and don't intend to use but it accidentally got into production. It's kinda like if Germany had a detailed plan to invade France that they had decided wasn't worth it, and then accidentally left it out on the table when they came over for a summit.

7. CarrieR

CarrieR DIS Veteran

But but but... I thought FP+ was EXACTLY THE SAME as FP, and therefore no one should hate it? :face palm:

Really glad I booked my FPs the last few days. We are going Christmas week, based on several prior successful Christmas weeks. Talk about not being optimistic about our trip...

8. Sheilby

Those dates aren't correct. The screen shot above is from November 13th. Also the FP+ I booked for a friend at Epcot for tonight have been changed. She no longer has Soarin and Test Track, just Maelstrom. I hope that part is a glitch.

9. AmyB2006

AmyB2006 I'd rather be in Disney!

10. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

I have yet to voice any opinions on FP+ at all, as I won't be using it for a year, and I want to see how it all shakes out. But this really irks me! I surely hope this doesn't turn out to be the way they keep it!

11. Sheilby

They don't change, this is just if you are picking FP+ now.

12. AmyB2006

I agree, now that I see what they did. That is definitely not going to be welcomed. Kenny's site says it's part of some "holiday testing"?? So during the busier times they're going to limit the headliner rides?

Notice in my options in my screenshots, Soarin' isn't even there.

13. mommy4

mommy4 DIS Veteran

I understand they are still in testing, but really this is going overboard!! So now, if you want to ride the bigger rides, you have to choose 1! Unbelievable! What happens to the fastpass+ I already made? Are they still there?
    I went ahead and booked a MSEP and then one of my fastpass+ disappeared! Is it still there??
    I'm getting more than fed up with this!

14. AmyB2006

And my screen shot was from November 6th.

15. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

I've been trying to be objective too (I actually see lots of benefits for how we tour as a family, but I understand that is not that case for everyone).

But this would really take the cake being that Epcot has so little in terms of rides anyway. Might as well just make Epcot 1 FP a day.

16. Sheilby

I won't mind it if that is just the limitation for prebooking and you will still be able to pull FPs day of (either electronically or with paper), but if you can't get FPs for more than one headliner at all that will be ridiculous. I hope it all shakes out soon.

17. AmyB2006

Well MSEP is one of your FPs, so if you had three picked and you replaced it with MSEP, then one of your other ones would disappear.

18. TLHB70

TLHB70 <font color=navy>Let me be known by the Company I

Same with me. ::yes::

19. Tarheel Mom

Tarheel Mom Mouseketeer

I'm right there with ya ~ looks like I'm done "tweaking" my FP+ :)

20. mommy4

mommy4 DIS Veteran

No, I meant to say that I replaced one of my others for MSEP and then one of my other 2 disappeared! It's gone!

21. AmyB2006

Oooooh.. That is weird. You can't reschedule it back in there?