1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

BIG change to FP+ today

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Sheilby, Nov 1, 2013.

1. fbb

fbb DIS Veteran

To some of the people who are upset, this portends a future of no regular fast pass and a possibility of only one headliner with FP+.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

NO it wont. The problem is they do not have enough FP+ to go around to all the people getting FP+ for Soarin' and TT.

Keep in mind, I'm withholding my opinion until I return from our Thanksgiving trip (same time you'll be there).

4. AmyB2006

AmyB2006 I'd rather be in Disney!

And I'm not doubting that either. I don't think all change is good either. But I do give it a chance before I attack it right from the get go. Which is what has been happening on the DIS since the announcement and implementation of the new FP+

5. BayouMickey

BayouMickey Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Where have they said that this will be the norm? They are testing the abilities of the system. Just because they are doing a test of operations doesn't mean this will be the way it is once it's released.

6. AmyB2006

This might be the case for over the holidays, which could be why they are limiting it, but last week on a Saturday, there were plenty of TT and Soarin' FPs in the morning the day of. I changed our times and rescheduled completely and this was at like 11 or 12 in the afternoon. Plenty available. So I don't think your statement is entirely accurate.

7. BayouMickey

And you know this how? Was this info released are you just speculating?

8. millweather

millweather Mouseketeer

This.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

9. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

Why would Disney want to free up FP- there really is no point. I don't think you need info to realize this FP+ is the thing of the future and they are working towards that.

10. AmyB2006

And as of now, you can still do that. You an schedule a FP+ and you can pull paper FPs for the others if you get there at RD.

11. BayouMickey

see above

12. Eastern

Eastern DIS Veteran

Same here :scared:

13. BayouMickey

You are misreading.. I don't think they are intentionally freeing up FP-, I'm saying its a result of the upcoming test...

14. Eastern

Eastern DIS Veteran

It was....having to book FP+ and also be there for rope drop to get on rides would be double disney torture.

15. millweather

millweather Mouseketeer

We just got back but has anyone effected by this (during your travel window) called for an explanation?

I think KTP said it is through the end of Dec, and maybe someone else said it showed through 1/5/2014. Is that just how far out you can make your FP+ ressies? Just never paid attention if it is 60 days or what.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

16. AmyB2006

It's definitely a result. Whether it's intended (which I agree it is) or not is irrelevant.

17. cseca

cseca <font color=darkorchid>My legs are wimpy but my wi

If you read the rest of my post you would see that I understand that.

I just mean that it's possible for them to finalize the system the way it is and people who are testing should speak up... good or bad result. That's the point of the test.

18. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

Personally I think this will work out better for both ways yes it will free up FP- but it will also free up some FP+. I think this will lead to a greater balance I understand the argument. This will create a better balance until FP- is gone.

19. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

Because it makes sense. It's a way for Disney to insure people can at least get one headliner attraction scheduled on FP+ during the crushing holiday season.

And I think it's totally disingenuous of people to say that guests should just visit during non-peak times. Unfortunately the majority of people have to visit during holidays and summer peak season, hence the reason the parks are packed during that time.

The true test for FP+ will indeed be the holiday time. It's going to test the infrastructure and the applications.

20. andyman8

andyman8 DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Okay, let's assume we're going on a moderately crowded day (say, middle of October). If you get there at RD and pull at FP for Soarin' at 9:10am w/ a return time for 12:30pm, you need to wait two hours to get your next which brings you to 11:10am and based on historical records, TT at 10:25am, so you're out of luck. Now if you have the luxury of traveling at times like now, when Space Mountain continuously has a 20 minute wait, you might now run into this problem, but most will. Also, what about re-rides and those who don't want to get up at the crack of dawn? Previously, those people could have done it.

21. BayouMickey

ah! Ok so you are speculating.. At this point we could speculate alot of things, but in reality we all know nothing about the intended use right now.