BIG change to FP+ today

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Sheilby, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Sheilby

Sheilby Labels aren't my thing

OK, I just went in to MDE to check if Illuminations got loaded for November since Wishes and MSEP finally became available last night.

I stated to go through the process of selecting all new attractions at Epcot and MDE said I could pick 1 choice from a group of attractions and 2 choices from another group. In other words, either Soarin or Test track, but NOT both.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. auralia

auralia DIS Veteran

Could you pick from the other set of attractions and then go change the rides individually to get both?

4. tookydo

tookydo Disney Dame

Oh dear...

5. AmyB2006

AmyB2006 I'd rather be in Disney!

I wouldn't jump on the 'big change' bandwagon just yet. It could be a glitch. Anything is possible though.

What day was that for?

ETA... Interesting, and it seems to be only doing that to the Epcot choices. For MK, AK and Studios you can still pick from 3 FP+ for any ride.

6. shadeauxe

shadeauxe Mouseketeer

Can you post a screenshot?

7. Kristibo42

Kristibo42 DIS Veteran

8. Ana~n~Joseph

Ana~n~Joseph I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met M

9. Sheilby

That was what I was thinking, but I haven't tried, I don't want to mess with anything right now.

November 13th. Maybe a glitch in the sense of I wasn't supposed to see that yet, but if the programming code is there, it probably is coming.

I'll go back in and try, give me a few minutes to mess around with it.

10. jrsharp21

jrsharp21 Mouseketeer

11. Sheilby

Follow the Kenny link the PP posted, he has it there. Damn, I was so busy working on other people's FP+ issues the last few days I didn't have a chance to finish up mine. UGH.

12. AmyB2006

AmyB2006 I'd rather be in Disney!

And Soarin' isn't even a choice after a certain day. Interesting.

13. shadeauxe

shadeauxe Mouseketeer

I just looked at mine and it's the same way. Only Epcot has two categories to choose from, but I imagine the others will too at some point.

What I don't get is why is Maelstrom in the same group as Test Track & Soarin'. Is it really that popular?

14. BrerNashville

BrerNashville DIS Veteran

It's odd that they would run this test only through 12/29 -- you would think that if it were an attempt to free up FPs for the headliners during crowded times, they would have run it through the Friday after New Years. I hope they don't, as that's when we're going, but it seems a strange timetable for the test. Maybe they have a bunch of green customer service reps to put through a hands on crash course training exercise, as there will be plenty of irate people calling to protest this change.

15. cseca

cseca <font color=darkorchid>My legs are wimpy but my wi

:faint:

I wonder how many supporters of FP+s will change their minds after this.

16. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

Yep. It's true. I just went in and tried to book an Epcot day. Soarin or TT. One or other. Wow. Just wow.

17. fbb

fbb DIS Veteran

And here come the pretzels

18. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

That's just to make it look like it's not all about TT and Soarin IMO.

19. Sheilby

20. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

It doesn't look like a glitch.

21. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

It's not a glitch unfortunately. I think Disney is trying to test all their options before a full roll out. One attraction they did not put on the tier 1 lost was mission space. I believe Disney is going to figure out that there needs to be some perk whether it depends on which hotel you stay on property or off or even if you pay to get more. One thing that is good about this is it's only at Epcot it's not everyday it's only on certain dates of November @Epcyclopedia: Test Dates: November 4, 8, 11, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29 Dec 1, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 16, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29
    This is still only a test it can still be changed I just think Disney is weighing all of the options out there.