BIG change to FP+ today

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Sheilby, Nov 1, 2013.

1. AmyB2006

AmyB2006 I'd rather be in Disney!

And this exactly!!! LOL ;) They still haven't done away with regular FP.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LimeCordial

LimeCordial Mouseketeer

This is a brilliant move.

Now the Fastpass+ of just last week looks a lot more appealing doesn't it? ;)

All the complaints will suddenly ease up when they reinstate the initial FP+ choices.

4. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

I hope that was supposed to be a joke?

5. Mad Hattered

Mad Hattered I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work.

It looks more fabulous in pink. :rotfl:

6. Playgrnd

Playgrnd Mouseketeer

Anyone else having problems selecting MK attractions past 5 PM on the week of Nov 11? None of my FP+ Selections for Nov13 are displaying times past 5 PM!

7. BayouMickey

BayouMickey Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Nope. Common sense.. FP+ and FP- use the same pool.. less chances to reserve FP+ on one headliner means more chances using FP-.

8. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

Yes but once FP- is gone and this is done testing then what

9. marypoppins81

marypoppins81 Mouseketeer

it is important people do speak up. If they believe it could lose money they'll rethink.

10. BayouMickey

Then we cross that bridge when we get to it.. "what if's" doesn't do you any good except raise your blood pressure.

11. AmyB2006

Why stress now over something you have no idea how it will be working in the future????

Worry about what you can do today!!

12. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

You honestly believe they are trying to free up FP+ so they can add to FP- (the system they are getting rid of)?

13. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

I agree standing in a line shouldn't ruin your vacation it's not like they are getting rid of fast pass altogether but there changing it and a lot of people don't like change.

14. BayouMickey

::yes:::thumbsup2

15. cseca

cseca <font color=darkorchid>My legs are wimpy but my wi

But the point is that they will go away with FP-.

So eventually you will have 1 FP for the e-ticket/headliner and everyone will have to wait in long lines over the others.

Some people are ok with that, some are not.

The ones who are not should give Disney feedback so they know. Whether Disney do anything with the complaints is something else. They might care, they might not.
    But at least people should speak up. Because I thought that's the purpose of this test. That Disney wants to know the outcome of the test.
    Then again... who knows what their agenda is... :)

Maybe they're making all these changes to throw us off balance.
    So that when they decide on 3 FP+/day total on any park we will all say "Phew... at least they're not limiting us to 1 headliner per day per park anymore!".

Y'know... lowering guest's expectations... :rotfl:

16. AmyB2006

That's a given. LOL

17. BayouMickey

No I don't think they are doing anything but testing.. But the fact of the matter is during this particular stage of the testing.. It will indeed free up FP- somewhat.

18. andyman8

andyman8 DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Here's what's angering people: from prior to the start of this millennia up until October 14, 2013, it was possible to collect FPs for TT, Soarin', Mission: SPACE, and Maelstrom all on the same day (I did it quite frequently) thus not have to wait in a long line. Sure, it was a bit stressful at times, but with the new system, if you want to ride more than one of those rides, you now need to wait in a long line. The fact of the matter FP+ is not as much of an upgrade as a downgrade. Look, I was fine with a system where I could reserve TT at home and collect FPs for Soarin' when I get there, but that won't be able to happen. Remember, that in an age where you're charging people north of $90 to get in to one of that park, people expect to be able to ride the rides they want to. Some would say that's entitlement, but I'd would call that a reasonable expectation.

P.S. S&D are getting FP+ starting Nov. 4, but they won't get MBs or be able to reserve it in advance, so they'll need to go to a MM+ Service Center in the park to make the reservations from what's left.

While this thought did cross my head, in the short term, it won't make a significant impact. The majority of people with FP+ reservations for the coming weeks, had the ability to make FP+s for both rides. It won't be until at least the end of the month when it starts to make a slightly larger difference.

19. AmyB2006

Not true. You don't know that. This whole system is ever-evolving and changing daily. Just because they made a change today doesn't mean that's how it will permanently be in the future. Right now you can still get paper FPs. Worry about what you can do today.

20. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

...... and for some reason some people believe that all change is good. It is entirely possible to change something and end up worse off.

21. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

I'm not stressing I'm just saying. I haven't been to Disney in just over a year and I won't get back until next year so it will be in full working order before I get back I just like looking at what's all available and how this is working for everyone. FP- is going to be phased out once FP+ is rolled out so that's why I brought it up.