20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can count DH and I in for wine tasting...coming from Northern CA...we love our wine and will bring a good bottle or two for the trip to share!

Laurie :wave:

Scott H said:
Here is a list of those interested so far, please advise of any correction, additions etc.

SNORKEL MEET LIST

Scott and Lynn
Jen and Jeff
2Canadians (Sharon and Jean-Marc)
Karaeric (Kara and Eric)
DVC Minnie – 2
Kpros –2 (Ken and Shari)
Firstimers – (Alex and ??)
DIS PIN DIVA (Leslie and Joe)
Littlekids58 (Camilo and liz)
Bonzie1 (Georgie and Joe)
Nasmith (Jill and ??)
SeauLater (Linda and Robert)

Scott,
DH and I are interested...but do we have to bring all the snorkel gear/wet suit? Does DCL have this stuff for rent or is it easier to buy at home and bring for the remainder of the trip?
Thanks for the information!

Laurie, snorkel gear can be rented on CC. They do not rent wet suits, I am just a ninny in cold water. Buying and bringing along is a personal choice for various reason i.e. fit, preference, and in Lynn's case prescriptive lenses. If you bring your own snorkel gear to CC they will loan you a swim vest for free. A side note on wet suits, the pacific side will be cooler.

Sounds like it will have to be a big cake, we might as well make it a unbirthday party.

This is posted on the Dreams site under the Curacau listing of excursions.

"NOTE: For the May 14 repositioning cruise passengers, there is a Dolphin Encounter scheduled. Details are not available other than it is to be booked onboard the ship. The price will be $149.00 for ages 10 & up, and $110.00 for ages 8 - 9."

Bummer. My DD is 6. I am still looking.

They have posted a Dolphin Encounter in Acapulco "Price: $149.00 (ages 10 & up), $110.00 (ages 3 - 9)"

May have to look more into that one.

And a Dolphin Swim in Acapulco at CiCi's park

shellofclearh2o said:
Is Puerto Vallarta a new port?!? :Pinkbounc
I think that was a mistake. The eastbound is doing Puerto Vallarta. I think the regular 7 day cruises are also.

Thanks for the info.
The link in case anyone is wondering----Excursions

SandraLee said:
This is posted on the Dreams site under the Curacau listing of excursions.

"NOTE: For the May 14 repositioning cruise passengers, there is a Dolphin Encounter scheduled. Details are not available other than it is to be booked onboard the ship. The price will be $149.00 for ages 10 & up, and $110.00 for ages 8 - 9."

Bummer. My DD is 6. I am still looking.

They have posted a Dolphin Encounter in Acapulco "Price: $149.00 (ages 10 & up), $110.00 (ages 3 - 9)"

May have to look more into that one.

And a Dolphin Swim in Acapulco at CiCi's park

SandraLee,
DH and I did a swim with the dolphins in Puerta Vallarta this last summer with DD (16) and it was so great. Both DD and DH were skeptical at before, but were both glowing afterwards. It was so amazing...a once in a lifetime adventure. I would highly recommend this. I only wish DD(4) could share this. I'm considering the Dolphin adventure for her.

I think someone messed up. If you look at the itinerary listed, it shows Puerta Vallerta when we are in the canal.

They got their "p"s mixed up!

Debbie

Bob, Thanks for the link.

From the descriptions given the dive sites in Curacao will be Divers Leap near Jan Thiel Beach. Good site for all levels of divers, lots of good stuff (critters) to see in the shallow. The second site would be the Tugboat. There is a wall close by and a tugboat is at 17' so is a good safety stop at the end of the dive. Our primary experience in Curacao is on the north side of the island.

Cabo is a first for us, bummer it is only a one tank dive. My record is 1 hr and 56 minutes on one tank at 1 ATM. but don't want to miss the boat. Actually that is a short day there.

I am enchanted by the Sierrra Madre tour, maybe it is just the Bogie in me, so here's looking at you kid.

Scott H said:
Cabo is a first for us, bummer it is only a one tank dive. My record is 1 hr and 56 minutes on one tank at 1 ATM. but don't want to miss the boat. Actually that is a short day there.

I did a dive in Cabo...got a fish book before I went so I'd be informed...Saw some pipefish, not real common in Lake Travis where I did my certification dive, and one of the guides on the night dive (I didn't make that one) showed my friend his "pet" barracuda....
Pretty amazing fish...many more than in the Bahamas....you'll see lots.

Is our 90 day mark to make these shore excursion reservations Feb 14?

Thanks Lynda, sounds good to us, new critters etc.

Hi All,

I saw a few pages ago that someone was looking for someone in a cat 3, regarding wine, which I enjoy, and sessions???...

Sorry to be clueless, but what is Sessions, and why does a Cat 3 matter. I am happy to help if I can...let me know what, where, when, and how...

Michelle aka NEM

seaulater said:
Yes, Yes and Yes.

Oh, I'll probably really get to party this time since I'll be without 4 grandkids making a scene in the dining room and theater each night!!!

Yes, bringing the pirate outfits, the printer, the fax/scanner, the laptop, scrapbook stuff, and the kitchen sink, but definitely not 17 pieces of checked in luggage this time.

Hey Linda: Asked Ken the other night if he was going to dress for pirate night and he said tropical wear would work for him. When he learned that we might be sharing a table and that you were going to bring your outfits, he admits he might wear a costume if he had one. Do you have one to share and/or will you share your pattern?

NEM said:
Hi All,

I saw a few pages ago that someone was looking for someone in a cat 3, regarding wine, which I enjoy, and sessions???...

Sorry to be clueless, but what is Sessions, and why does a Cat 3 matter. I am happy to help if I can...let me know what, where, when, and how...

Michelle aka NEM

The December 10-day had its wine party catered in the Sessions night club room...Lots of different wines and new people to meet...stories to share and plans to make...As for the Cat 3, I think someone was looking for a place to bunk...
:laughing:

Where is everybody? I kinda wanted to know where we stand in regard to shirts. As I think about it, It seems rather appropriate to have one that says " I brought the Magic to Disneyland " and "Disney Cruise Line" and "May 14-28, 2005 . Seems to me that there was some mention earlier. What's the current scoop.
Bill

Hope all you folks in the NE are staying safe. You guys are getting clobbered.

It seems like every vacation we go on I swear I will not get another t-shirt. But how can I resist one from this cruise. When I retire I am opening up a retro used t-shirt shop.

Looks like we will be somewhere in the Bahamas on 2/14, so we can not make our shore excursion reservation until we hit port on 2/19. Should be ok I hope.

Have to get a bunch of gear together for todays classes.

Nothing the Snow plow we have cant handle LOl

and there are some Happy nieghbors who got there drive ways plowed also.

Since most of the drives had a 4 foot pile of snow at the end I was a little Nicer than I Usually Am.. and cleared a few more of the Drives on the street..

It is Just A toy for Me. As I Really do not want to go out pushing snow for money.. then u have the compliants that go with it...

Our Drive and a few others is fine with me...

Quite a Storm.

NEM the reason why we are looking For a Cat 3 or above person is We thought . it would Be easy for that person to arrange the wine tasting At
sessions one of the onboard clubs... With the Concierge connection...

Peter

NEM, as Peter said, folks in Cat 3s have priviledges...on the 10-day one of the cruises called DCL and nicely asked if there was a location for about 20-25 people. DCL allowed us to take over Sessions for about an hour, and they provided cheese, crackers, and a few other munchies for us. Yes, they had a bartender open the wine, but we also had several people bring their own cork screws. It was fun, a good mix of local wines and home-made wines.

I suppose if we are really serious about trying to have one of these events, let's do a quick indication of interest. Let's hear from all of you wine-o's...um, I mean wine connoiseuers, fans, and Boon's Farm fans! If we have enough people, maybe we can get NEM to be our "sponsor" with DCL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter