20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom & dad are watching our dogs. Oobie will probabley stay at thier house, but Jesse hates to go anywhere, so she will stay home. I talked to DCL yesterday. We are still on GTY status, Cat. 9. We are still on the waitlist for main dinner seating also. The lady at DCL told me that they definately rec. a passport. She said there is no way they would ever rec. going that far with just a BC and ID. I printed out the papers and will get our pics this weekend. Then I just have to find somewhere close to accept our applications. I am hoping our post office will do it, due to our work schedules being so hectic. Hope everyone has a great weekend. TGIF, TGIF, TGIF...WOOHOO :jumping4:

Hi all!

I've been lurking for a while, trying to get through the posts, and thought it was time to post. My DH Ron and I will be on this cruise and look forward to meeting you. Jen, I sent you an e-mail with our info.

Janis

Welcome Janis, Welcome Janis :cheer2:
We're glad you're here! :D
We're glad you're here! :D
Soon we'll be together, through all kinds of weather. :grouphug:
Welcome Home! Welcome Home! :jumping1:

Seriously! Welcome! Jump in, the water's always just right!

Happy FRIDAY to ALL.

Gotta get back to work! :badpc:

Georgie

kaylin said:
My mom & dad are watching our dogs. Oobie will probabley stay at thier house, but Jesse hates to go anywhere, so she will stay home. I talked to DCL yesterday. We are still on GTY status, Cat. 9. We are still on the waitlist for main dinner seating also. The lady at DCL told me that they definately rec. a passport. She said there is no way they would ever rec. going that far with just a BC and ID. I printed out the papers and will get our pics this weekend. Then I just have to find somewhere close to accept our applications. I am hoping our post office will do it, due to our work schedules being so hectic. Hope everyone has a great weekend. TGIF, TGIF, TGIF...WOOHOO :jumping4:

You can go online to www.usps.com and check in your area which Post Offices do Passports - and most will also do the picture too! One stop shopping - if you have problems let me know - I work for the Postmaster of Boston.

Gee, I thought we just had a lot of posts which saying the Birth Cert with raised seal was sufficient! Looks like I'd better get going and resume my passport application. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks Therese, I will check on that! DCL said that BC will work, but they do not at all rec. it for this cruise. Makes sense though!

Kimberly

Morning all, and Happy Friday!!!

Welcome Janis, so glad you came out of lurkdome to say hello!

Pets: Hoo boy, this is going to be a tough trip for us on that. Normally for a trip this long, we ship our dog up to the wine country to stay with my parents and hire a pet sitter for our cats. But my parents are going with us on this trip! So we're trying out a new pet sitter that swears they will walk the dog the 2 miles a day he's used to, plus spend time loving our :cat: :cat: . Sure hope this works! Otherwise, our house may be destroyed when we get home... :earseek:

good morning everyone! :wizard:

We are still distraught over what to do with our babies. No one we know is crazy enough to watch for almost 3 weeks. Especially our spoiled babies It was very fortunate that both our kids were between apartments for the Holiday cruise and they stayed here at the house with them. Of course the house is still in shambles from that.... We have visited several "pet resorts" both here in So FL and in the Orlando area. There is a new one opening next month right down the road from us so we have high hopes for that as well because it's so much closer. We do have to decide soon though since the reservations will include Memorial Day weekend. We're thinking about doing a boot camp type of resident obedience school for the younger ones as well.... decisions, decisions. :crazy:
Wish that place in Valrico was not so far away and in the wrong direction, It sounds great.

Since we have joint custody of Roo and my Mom is sailing with us, Roo will be spending the two weeks with Dad. She can be his fishing buddy since he will spending the time at Siltcoos trying to catch the big one :earboy2:

She went home with my Mom on Wednesday so me and DH are going through PRD (post-Roo depression) :sad1: But we get to go and get her next weekend for a week :cloud9:

I just thought I would share a couple of pics of Roo so you guys know who I'm talking about. I really enjoy seeing all of your pets and I hope you enjoy looking at mine. :D

f563d938.jpg

She loves the beach!!!

f563d939.jpg

This one was at the beach as well but taken in our RV...she wanted to go outside but it was really really cold because it had snowed that morning.

OK - we fell way to far down the page. Here we topped 3000 and everyone is worn out.

Here is a subject to talk about. The proposed wine and cheese get together on Friday, May 13 at WDW. I think we were talking about 5:00pm. Any chance the start time could get moved up to 4:00 or 4:30 instead. We now have La Nouba tickets for the 6:00pm show.

Ken

Thanks Jen... Bass Pet Motel is one we have visited. VIPetResort is on the list to visit when we go up next month. We've also visited Animal Inn of Orlando, which was promising since they do the obedience boot camp. It's tough... we're torn. Most of the nicer places cater to smaller dogs and our babies are of the XL variety...LOL They are so spoiled they don't know they are DOGS and will wonder where the furniture and king size tempurpedic bed is...

Considered it moved to 4:00 PM, It is fun to be King!!!!! Works for us. oops or were we supposed to start a big discussion so we could add posts, well we could discuss how easy this was to change. :)

I am stoked getting home early tonight, yes... been a very very long week.

Lynn has been pretty sick with the CRUD, gotta take care of her.

DCl is now sayying it is a good idea to have a Passport..

Sounds like a route change maybe in the future .... :D

We have a Dog / house sitter coming in for the time we are away
Very expensive .. All the Root Beer She can Drink and Cheese and Crackers she can eat..

Scott H said:
Considered it moved to 4:00 PM, It is fun to be King!!!!!

WOW, you're easy. Let's see, what else can I ask for?????

Thanks Scott! We will be there at 4:00!

Ken

cotomom said:
For all of the dog lovers (and :cat:, bird, :fish:, etc) we have on our cruise, just what exactly are you going to do with your pets while gone for 14+ days?

I'm in such a quandry. This'll be the longest I've been away from mine at a given time.

I'm hoping to find some wonderful person to both housesit and petsit as my dogs wouldn't last an hour in a kennel. :flower1:
As of right now, Tippy the beagle and Furval the cat are going to "grandmas". This has been the routine for every vacation except the times we took Tippy with us on vacation, then the cat went to the vet to stay. Yes, they do get spoiled at "grandmas"

kpros said:
WOW, you're easy. Let's see, what else can I ask for?????

Thanks Scott! We will be there at 4:00!

Ken
Hmmm...unfortunately, we may have to miss out if it's this early. We are trying for a whirl-wind tour of MK, Epcot, and MGM on Friday with my parents as they haven't been to WDW since the mid-80s (read: no MGM, no AK, and World Showcase in Epcot not yet finished). We are going to try to hit the very best of the best high points at each of the three parks (don't think it's worth taking them to AK - they've been to Asia and Africa). Since that's going to take most of the day, I'm pretty sure we won't make a 4pm wine party. Even 5 was going to be tough. But no worries! We can do it another time on the ship!

Oooh! A new event to plan on board perhaps?

Well, back to finishing up my self-assessment for my review :badpc: .

Yep, 4 is out for us too. We were pushing to make it at 5 as our flight arrives at 4:03 p.m. into Orlando.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter