20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 13 year daughter is less than enthusiastic about going on this 2 week cruise. I think it would help if she could "talk" with some other kids her age who are going. I suggested she start a thread for teens on this cruise but she was reluctant to do this. (Although I think she would participate if someone else started it.) I've looked through the list of people going and saw that there a few other teens around her age. I'm also hoping there are people who normally lurk (like me) not yet on the list who might have young teens or there might be teens following this thread who will be on this cruise. So how about it? Do we have teens out there? :cool1:

Ken, did DCL supply a corkscrew? I just hate not being able to travel with my Swiss Army knife, but such are the times.

meb51 said:
My 13 year daughter is less than enthusiastic about going on this 2 week cruise. I think it would help if she could "talk" with some other kids her age who are going. I suggested she start a thread for teens on this cruise but she was reluctant to do this. (Although I think she would participate if someone else started it.) I've looked through the list of people going and saw that there a few other teens around her age. I'm also hoping there are people who normally lurk (like me) not yet on the list who might have young teens or there might be teens following this thread who will be on this cruise. So how about it? Do we have teens out there? :cool1:

If it was anything like the 10day Christmas Cruise she will have a blast!! There were Plenty of teens on that cruise!

Meb31,
My son Billy is sort of quiet. He is 12 1/2, 13 on June 30 and in the seventh grade. He is pretty computer active. If your daughter is interested, pm me and I'll get Billy to reply. He is big and 5 ft 10 in , but I plan on him going to the stack. All of his friends are older. He is not yet registered with the Dis but soon will be.
Bill

Here is a list of those interested so far, please advise of any correction, additions etc.

SNORKEL MEET LIST

Scott and Lynn
Jen and Jeff
2Canadians (Sharon and Jean-Marc)
Karaeric (Kara and Eric)
DVC Minnie – 2
Kpros –2 (Ken and Shari)
Firstimers – (Alex and ??)
DIS PIN DIVA (Leslie and Joe)
Littlekids58 (Camilo and liz)
Bonzie1 (Georgie and Joe)
Nasmith (Jill and ??)
SeauLater (Linda and Robert)

Bill, your son is 5 10 and 12 1/2 YOA, let me guess, from Indiana, I bet he plays basketball. I did my undergrad work in Indiana and understand Hoosier Hysteria.

Yep, and he is the back up center for an eigth grader who is 6 ft 5 in. It is really hard to defend that guy in practice, particularly since Billy doesn't have that killer instinct yet. We still manage to lose on occasion and I think our current record is 14-5. It gets kind of funny at times because our team looks like the NBA compared to some of the other Christian schools at this level. Our biggest problem is the lack of practice time and practice space at our school. Max around two or three practices a week if even available.
Bill

kpros said:
Linda
Just because I want to start drinking at 4:00pm doesn't mean you still can't come by at a later time. After all, some of us know what a party animal you are from the Xmas Cruise. Are you bringing your pirate outfits along for the Repo? pirate:

Ken

Yes, Yes and Yes.

Oh, I'll probably really get to party this time since I'll be without 4 grandkids making a scene in the dining room and theater each night!!!

Yes, bringing the pirate outfits, the printer, the fax/scanner, the laptop, scrapbook stuff, and the kitchen sink, but definitely not 17 pieces of checked in luggage this time.

Scott H said:
Bob, The name just sounded familiar, as if from some fantasy story, will find out from ya later.

The ALARM IS SOUNDING..............

Any, May Birthday counts, what the heck, and don't worry as many of us are arriving to late, being over 40 victims of fate.

Yeah.....my birthday is May 11th. Count me in. It will be my 29th!

Linda

seaulater said:
Yep, 4 is out for us too. We were pushing to make it at 5 as our flight arrives at 4:03 p.m. into Orlando.

Linda

and we're out...Don't get to Orlando until 5:35 and we'll be staying at the Hyatt MCO before leaving for the port on Sat.

Boo Hoo, no WDW this trip...

Linda, Lets see..... "Yeah.....my birthday is May 11th. Count me in. It will be my 29th!"

Prior Post said something about 4 grand kids, me thinks the 29th B-day don't add up. I seem to have an amazing grasp for the obvious. LOL :)

Bill, reading your post about your son's school makes me think you may know my undergrad school. Taylor University.

Scott H said:
Linda, Lets see..... "Yeah.....my birthday is May 11th. Count me in. It will be my 29th!"

Prior Post said something about 4 grand kids, me thinks the 29th B-day don't add up. I seem to have an amazing grasp for the obvious. LOL :)

Ah.............but they are my "step" grandchildren. Robert has 3 kids from his first marriage and they are his!

But............we have a daughter together. Jamie Lynn is 12. So, I could have gotten married at 17 and am now turning 29! Yeah.............right!!!!

Linda

Linda OK now that makes sense to me. ;)

Hey I am 53 going on 10, I grew up once and I did not like it at all, worst 15 minuites of my life. I am growing older but not up, my metabolic rate is plesantly stuck.

Robert just turned 55. He's got a good 9 1/2 years on me though! I've sent for his PADI replacement card for his birthday present! He was excited. And then....I got him a free membership from Bally's for the next eight weeks thanks to Disney Pin Diva!

Scott H said:
Ken, did DCL supply a corkscrew? I just hate not being able to travel with my Swiss Army knife, but such are the times.

Hi Scott

While traveling with a Swiss Army Knife could present a problem, I believe you can pack a corkscrew in your checked bags. And if no one has a corkscrew and if Disney won't loan us one, then we will just have to switch to champagne and open the bottles with a wine glass. I've seen the wine guys on the Magic do it a number of times. Shouldn't be a problem. :wizard:

Ken

I do believe Disney supplied a corkscrew or two for the wine party in Sessions so I think we would be covered if we have it there or another lounge. I'll probably pack one in my luggage anyway since we usually bring a couple bottles of wine aboard. :drinking1

We are celebrating our 29th Anniversary on May 14th... maybe that's what Linda was referring to with the 29.....LOL Does that qualify us for a piece of cake? We are going to go for back to back Match Your Mate wins!! :love2:

Therese... why don't you just book this cruise? You are already on the thread, know some of the people, and you could just tell Sal it's easy transportation to go and visit Chris!!!

seaulater said:
Yeah.....my birthday is May 11th. Count me in. It will be my 29th!

Linda

Wow! Same birthday, except I have a couple or more years on you. :D

Scott, that better be a big cake.
"Growing older, but not up." Where have I heard that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter