20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Due to the snow here in NJ this weekend, I've been away from our thread. Lots of pages were added!

Looks like passports are in order!

Is there a Pirate Night? Have the nights been listed somewhere on the DCL site? Thanks!

We'll be flying in the morning of the cruise, so we won't make the pre cruise meet, but we'll see everyone at the sail away!

Someone mentioned about the Bringing the Magic to Disneyland! That's a cute idea. If not t-shirts, at least buttons would be fun.

We're planning to extand our stay too. Going to the Californian hotel for 2 days. It would be fun to wear a T-shirt or button while in the parks there (smile).

It took forever to DIG OUT... had about a foot of snow. Why oh why couldn't this snow have happened today, or tomorrow?!! Call me a kid, but even at almost 51, I still get excited when the radio announces "All State Offices are closed!) :Pinkbounc

Jeff and I took an internet break this weekend.... it was nice...

Count us in for an onboard wine tasting. I won't be bringing Florida wine, but my favorite Australlian and German wines....

kellib36 said:
Can I come to the wine tasting and bring a non-alcoholic drink, or a non-wine drink? I hate to admit it, but I'm not a wine drinker. But I know we'd have lots of fun. I could put my whatever drink in a wine glass if it would make you all feel better.....plus, Keith's Mom can't have any alcohol.

Kelli

SURE u Can....

I Do not drink. That is another story for another Day.. Jenn Very little, A few of those Fruity wines
Arbormist or something like that.

We May Go to The Tasting .. It is more about meeting some Nice Folks than the Wine... and would Be happy to see you there ....

Peter

I suppose if we are really serious about trying to have one of these events, let's do a quick indication of interest. Let's hear from all of you wine-o's...um, I mean wine connoiseuers, fans, and Boon's Farm fans! If we have enough people, maybe we can get NEM to be our "sponsor" with DCL...[/QUOTE]

Please count us in for the wine tasting. We always travel with a cork screw (never know what wines we might find while shopping). Alex and Carolyn

We May Go to The Tasting .. It is more about meeting some Nice Folks than the Wine... and would Be happy to see you there ....

Well said Peter

Wow! We have a lot of folks interested in a wine party! The count is already up to 28 people (not all will be drinking wine, but that's okay!) for an onboard wine gathering.

Stacey, thanks for posting that information from the 10-day wine party. You didn't need to do that, but thanks so much. It really was a lot of fun. And I'm glad we have all the facts to help us plan Wine Party II. I agree with Michelle, I think that we can all drop in a few dollars and make this a fiesta!

Only two weeks to go until the 90-day mark!! :jumping3: :jumping2: :Pinkbounc

Mornin' all! Hope everyone is braving the weather well. It's in the 50's here...BRRR! I know, I know, I can't complain, but it's cold for me. Just picture yourself sitting in a lounge chair on the cruise. Nice, warn thoughts :3dglasses Kaylin has been sick, so I think I have has about 6 hours sleep this entire weekend. So hard to start a Monday when your already tired! I have'nt gotten an updated list of ports yet. Does anyone have this?

Kim

OK I called the folks at DL to verify everything and here's where it stands...

I will call on the 30-day mark to book the balcony. I'm hoping to get all 21 seats for Saturday, May 28. I'm also going to call (earlier in April) the GC concierge staff to see if they can handle anything for me since we're staying there.

If I can get all 21, I am using 7 of them, so that leaves 14 which obviously doesn't cover our whole DIS group. I'm hoping to get all 21 spots--I figure I will charge it and then everyone can pay me when we get together. By the way, PRICING UPDATE - Disney doesn't want to miss a dime and I double checked the info today, everything is the same except the price is now $53 (or $43 ages 3-9). They must know we are coming. :rolleyes:

I will keep everyone up-to-date and let you know if anything changes. PM me if you want to "reserve" a spot. I will message back with the list (and the waiting list??).

There is also the other viewing where there are up to 50 seats available...50 is a big number so I'm taking the little one! :) Another fool will have to coordinate that if there is interest! :)

Still waiting on my email response from PrimeTime, only been a month...will have to converse with them this week, after I pay for my cruise! :)

Yippy! Just had to post that we FINALLY got my parents to commit to a place to stay before boarding the cruise. We're staying at Shades of Green! Woohoo! DH and I stayed there in Oct '03 just before they started the remodel and really liked it there. Since then, DH has gotten out of the military and now we can only stay there if we go with my parents, which we will be doing on this trip! Yay!!!

Now we just need to finish booking the rental car for getting out to the port and the van service to get to LAX once we dock. Oh, and the excursions of course!

rcostello1 said:
OK I called the folks at DL to verify everything and here's where it stands...

I will call on the 30-day mark to book the balcony. I'm hoping to get all 21 seats for Saturday, May 28. I'm also going to call (earlier in April) the GC concierge staff to see if they can handle anything for me since we're staying there.

If I can get all 21, I am using 7 of them, so that leaves 14 which obviously doesn't cover our whole DIS group. I'm hoping to get all 21 spots--I figure I will charge it and then everyone can pay me when we get together. By the way, PRICING UPDATE - Disney doesn't want to miss a dime and I double checked the info today, everything is the same except the price is now $53 (or $43 ages 3-9). They must know we are coming. :rolleyes:

I will keep everyone up-to-date and let you know if anything changes. PM me if you want to "reserve" a spot. I will message back with the list (and the waiting list??).

There is also the other viewing where there are up to 50 seats available...50 is a big number so I'm taking the little one! :) Another fool will have to coordinate that if there is interest! :)

Still waiting on my email response from PrimeTime, only been a month...will have to converse with them this week, after I pay for my cruise! :)

Sent u a PM now that i have read your post I GET IT.

and disreguard most of Pm Still would like 4 spots.. Peter

Hygiene99 said:
SURE u Can....

I Do not drink. That is another story for another Day.. Jenn Very little, A few of those Fruity wines
Arbormist or something like that.

Peter

Count Robert and I in also. Not drinkers, but we go for the great company and the opportunity to meet many new friends!

Also,

HUGE, BIG THANK YOU TO STACEY!!!!!She and her family are totally awesome and did many things above and beyond to make our 10 day Christmas Cruise the best.

We can also chip in if needed for the cheese to go with the whine. I mean...wine! No whiners allowed at our parties!

If we have a manageable group we could do it in a larger stateroom with a balcony. that's what we did in 2003 on Royal Carribean. We did it at 4 p.m. the day we went through the Panama Canal. It actually ended up being a perfect time because we had been through all of the locks but the last one and there wasn't anything really happening until we went through the last lock. One of the couples did a vow renewal in the stateroom also. They had concierge service and they had brought extra glasses and everything to the room.

Okay, that's my two cents worth!

The three of us would definitely be interested in the wine tasting. I think we've already tried most of DCL's offerings :)

Regarding the reservations for the Fantasmic dessert buffet... Which seating will you be getting reservations for on 5/28... the early, or the late? Based on what I've read, there are 2 seatings. I can only imagine on a holiday weekend, there will definitely be 2.

Thanks!

We'd do the wine tasting. It would be DH and myself, possibly DD will tag along.

I did the Fantasmic Package in April. It was at the larger viewing area. Facing the water, it's to the left, near Orleans Square. :wizard:

It definitely beat sitting on the ground. :D

karaeric said:
Wow! We have a lot of folks interested in a wine party! The count is already up to 28 people (not all will be drinking wine, but that's okay!) for an onboard wine gathering.

Stacey, thanks for posting that information from the 10-day wine party. You didn't need to do that, but thanks so much. It really was a lot of fun. And I'm glad we have all the facts to help us plan Wine Party II. I agree with Michelle, I think that we can all drop in a few dollars and make this a fiesta!

Only two weeks to go until the 90-day mark!! :jumping3: :jumping2: :Pinkbounc

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble here, we are on the eastbound and I'm planning the wine tasting there. I got the list from Disney today for food and it's not just a few dollars each. You cannot bring room service to the clubs without being charged for it. Disney policy. Deck 7 aft cannot be used except for vow renewals and weddings. Deck 9 and 10 cannot be used either because of the other cruisers. About the cheapest I can do the food will be $3.00 per person with cheese only. Any desserts, snacks or other hor d'oeuvres start at a minimum of $7 per person. It's not discouraging us yet, but just thought you'd like to know.

Tracy

bonzie1 said:
Regarding the reservations for the Fantasmic dessert buffet... Which seating will you be getting reservations for on 5/28... the early, or the late? Based on what I've read, there are 2 seatings. I can only imagine on a holiday weekend, there will definitely be 2.

Thanks!

I won't know when or how many Fantasmic shows there are until May is posted. Then once they are posted I won't know which show I've get until 30 days out...so we will have to wait and see.

Hey Guys and Gals, Do you think there will be a rush for the excursions at the 90 day availablity mark???

No Scott I don't. There are to many people that will be on board (but not on these types of boards) who won't book anything until they get on board....

Scott H said:
Hey Guys and Gals, Do you think there will be a rush for the excursions at the 90 day availablity mark???

Scott,

I think the only people who may call around the 90 day mark will be all of us on the DIS boards since we are so sensitive to the count down! Just my 2 cents!

Laurie :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter