20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

WE ARE ALMOST AT DOUBLE DIGITS!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc
:hyper:

Can't wait to meet all of you! :D

~Lindsey

karaeric said:
I suppose if we are really serious about trying to have one of these events, let's do a quick indication of interest. Let's hear from all of you wine-o's...um, I mean wine connoiseuers, fans, and Boon's Farm fans! If we have enough people, maybe we can get NEM to be our "sponsor" with DCL...

Count me and my two bottles of Texas white among the partiers, please....

Lets see I think the week of May 7, 2005 will be a very good vintage for Boone's Farm. No Cork Screw Needed. Just kidding, I may have my last bottle of 1985 Gammy Rose from Korbel still on the shelf. Still thinking about making a run over to the Florida Wine place in St Pete to get some of their specialities. Count us in, for this meet.

Please count us in for the wine tasting. Will the time and place be set before we set sail or do we have to wait until things can be worked out with DCL?

Joan

Scott, I know they have some wineries here in Indy, but I don't know which one is best. I think there is one down in Southern Indiana, Hubers.
Bill

3DAN said:
Scott, I know they have some wineries here in Indy, but I don't know which one is best. I think there is one down in Southern Indiana, Hubers.
Bill

Count atleast me in for the wine tasting.

My favorite Indiana winery is Oliver. Oak Hill is also good. For a list--Indiana Wineries

:sunny: Nice bright day in Indiana :sunny:
Cleaning off the deck, getting ready for a boat drink. pirate:

I'm sure my DH (Pete) will love to attend the wine tasting. I'll try and find some good GA wine to bring with us.

Hey, I am happy to see if I can get them to arrange Sessions for a group. But for those of you in the know....

Can I do it before we go - like when I make excursion reservations or
is only something that I can do once we are on the ship and I hook up with the concierge team?

I am happy to give it a go...sounds like fun...

Michelle - aka NEM

NEM said:
Hey, I am happy to see if I can get them to arrange Sessions for a group. But for those of you in the know....

Can I do it before we go - like when I make excursion reservations or
is only something that I can do once we are on the ship and I hook up with the concierge team?

I am happy to give it a go...sounds like fun...

Michelle - aka NEM

Stacey from our 10 day Christmas group had it all arranged before we even got on the ship. Go over to the 10 day cruise link (the one with over 25,000 posts) and email her. Her board name is justmestace

Linda

Oh maybe I can liquidate my stock of wine...I have some stuff that's a year or two or three old that needs to be consumed...I probably still have some boxes from my Mondavi visit...ugh...another carry on...hmm, I will have to be creative.

:wave2: Hi guys....Stacey here....

I was told that you all are planning a wine party, like we had on the 10 Night Christmas cruise. There's a whole long story about that wine party that only a few of us knew about.
My family was in stateroom 8602, the one with the huge verandah, so I thought we could have the party out there. I contacted DCL and was told in no uncertain terms "Absolutely NOT!". The reason they gave was "safety issues", I tried asking, but they didn't specify. One guess was that if there were a fire, that many people could not get off the verandah, through the room, and out the door....
Anyway....I had promised to try to get us a wine party, so I asked a gal at DCL that I had worked with before what our options were.
She told me that we could use Sessions, and they would supply us with two servers.
BUT....and this is the part that we never told anyone......we had to pay for the food.
She sent a list of items from Food & Beverage, and it was charged to my credit card.
There were a couple of people who had a feeling that there was a charge for this, and when they asked me, I told them, and they offered to split the cost.
The reasons that we didn't tell anyone about DCL charging us were because we wanted to do this, and we wanted everyone to have fun. We didn't want anyone to be upset with Disney for not giving it to us for free. And, it would have been more trouble than it was worth to divide the cost and expect people to pay us. It was something that we wanted to do, without any fuss.
I hadn't read your thread, so I didn't know that you all were thinking of doing this. But it was brought to my attention, and I knew that you would want to know.
If you still want to have your party, one of you can contact me, and I will let you know who to talk to at DCL.
Sorry if I messed things up for you......
Stacey

Well, as you can see Stacey went above and beyond the call of duty to help make the 10 day cruise a total blast. Thanks Stacey, your the greatest!

Kara, are you collecting the names of those people interested in the unofficial wine tasting? If so, we can see what size group we have and then make some decisions about the location.

Ken

I know we've been taking about the wine tasting but I just have to post because I am so excited that we will now be spending 2 days after the cruise at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel at Disneyland. I decided today to add a few days at Disneyland because I thought how often are we going to be this close to Disneyland that I just had to go and see it. This is turning out to be the trip of a lifetime for my Mom & I - first the 14 day Disney cruise through the Panama Canal and now 2 days at Disneyland. Yippee!!!!!!

For all you Disneyland experts, if there anything that we should absolutely not miss????

Only 110 more days!!!!!!!!!!!

Elaine

Thanks, Ken...but I'm not feeling like a hero. I should have known that this would happen, and others would want DCL to do the same for them. In fact, a very smart person warned me of this!

I'm just glad everyone had a good time.

Elaine....since we are here in Arizona, we go to Disneyland alot...and have stayed at the Grand Californian 3 times.....any questions, just send me a PM. Glad to help if I can.

How many people attended the Sessions wine tasting? Stacey, how much food did you order?

I only ask because I am sure there are a few of us who would be willing to order food and charge it to our rooms so there is a little chow with our wine. I don't want to embarrass myself! :cool1: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :drinking1

Laurie :wave:

The whole cruise is a blur....I don't know how many we had...rough estimate, 30 people?
If you want to use one of Disney's lounges, you need to request in advance and pay in advance.
We ordered 3 fruit platters and 3 cheese platters. The servers did not cork the wine. If they had, there would have been a corkage fee per bottle. They were there to tidy up, and bring out more food as it needed to be replenished. We also had a cake there, it was a "shared" vow renewal cake, as we had 3 couples renew their vows during that cruise. Two on the ship, and one in Key West.
When we talked on the thread about having the party on our verandah, or out on Deck 7 aft, we talked about everyone just ordering a cheese platter from room service. But, again, they wouldn't let us do it on the verandah, and Deck 7 was "iffy" as we didn't know how the weather would be, and we also wanted something a little more private.
I'll check back to see if you have any more questions.

Please add us to the fun. We will be bringing along some soCalifornia specialties!!

Karen :)

Can I come to the wine tasting and bring a non-alcoholic drink, or a non-wine drink? I hate to admit it, but I'm not a wine drinker. But I know we'd have lots of fun. I could put my whatever drink in a wine glass if it would make you all feel better.....plus, Keith's Mom can't have any alcohol.

Kelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter