20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the likely temperatures in all the ports we are going to max and min and also whether its likely to always be warm on the Magic or whether will need any warmer clothes other than shirts.Also what weather and temperatures we are likely to get in LA as we are there for a few days after the cruise.In the past when we have gone to LA it has been in July/August and temperatures in the mid 70s and upwards.

ALso is there likely to be any rain!

Ashley

DW is trying to plan what to pack.

Ashley,

I think the weather will be hot during this trip. A good web site is www.wunderground.com for weather info. They have a trip planner where you can get good info about our destinations. Panama will be hot and muggy. Light sun protective clothing for us with a light rain jacket, just incase. I think we are very safe in leaving the warm clothes at home, then again Lynn thinks part of the ship are cool i.e. dining rooms and theaters.

I think the pirate costume for the men is not fair! I believe it needs to be shortened a little like the ladies one, then again, some of you men are wearing a grass skirt...what a sight to see the guys in the ladies costume :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I am having a hard time finding a formal gown...can anyone point me in the right direction??? Thanks!

Kimberly

Kaylin..for a formal gown, try Dillards, Group USA (if you have one), JCPenney.com, and all the upscale stores in your local mall (the clearance racks usually have plenty of formal gowns).

bettemom said:
A Huge Thank-you to each of you for Birthday wishes....

Bette
Come on Bette...inquiring minds want to know. What did you do for your birthday?

Kim, I know Florida has a ton of outlet malls too. I got one of my dresses at a Nordstrom Rack (not sure if you have those, but it's an outlet store). However, this is the time of year that you will find a lot of the dressy stuff out at the regular stores because it's prom season. Or try a wedding dress store. They also have formal dresses and sometimes have sales, or will clearance out their stuff from the racks.

Scott H said:
Ashley,

I think the weather will be hot during this trip. A good web site is www.wunderground.com for weather info. They have a trip planner where you can get good info about our destinations. Panama will be hot and muggy. Light sun protective clothing for us with a light rain jacket, just incase. I think we are very safe in leaving the warm clothes at home, then again Lynn thinks part of the ship are cool i.e. dining rooms and theaters.

Ashley,

That's the dilema I find myself in, being "thin skinned" (not thin, but thin skinned :goodvibes )

It will be hot + muggy outside, but in the theaters, and dining rooms, and any special presentation rooms, the air conditioning is cranked WAY up. So, I always pack sweaters + a white jacket which I cart everywhere! ;)

Has anyone booked one-way transfers with DCL back to LAX? Any idea how much they will be?

I think this might be the easiest way. Normally, I would rent a car, but I'm not sure there are many agencies at the port. And, after 14 days on the ship, I may be willing to pay a premium to get to the airport with the least amount of stress involved.

SandraLee said:
Has anyone booked one-way transfers with DCL back to LAX? Any idea how much they will be?

I think this might be the easiest way. Normally, I would rent a car, but I'm not sure there are many agencies at the port. And, after 14 days on the ship, I may be willing to pay a premium to get to the airport with the least amount of stress involved.
Sandra, I still need to do this too...I was going to call a shuttle company to find out how much that is, since there are four of us to get to LAX. This is the one thing I seem to be lagging on when it comes to planning. I can let you know what I find out.

SandraLee said:

What time does your flight leave???

kay

krdisneybound said:
What time does your flight leave???

kay

Our flight leaves out of LAX at 1:40.

I booked my cruise via DU and she quoted me $30 per person one way. Actually, I thought that was high.

There are 4 of us, so I'm looking at $120. I have not contacted any other shuttle services. Kara, let me know what you find out. What time is your flight?

Thanks.

SandraLee said:

I booked my cruise via DU and she quoted me $30 per person one way. Actually, I thought that was high.

There are 4 of us, so I'm looking at $120. I have not contacted any other shuttle services. Kara, let me know what you find out. What time is your flight?

Thanks.
I think DH and I fly out at 3:45 and my parents fly out at 3:30. We scheduled slightly later flights because we weren't going very far (it's only about an hour flight) and we thought there might be delays at the port from ceremonies, plus possibly immigration and luggage delays. Oh, and because we have late seating, we will be the second group off the ship.

On the 10-day, there was a delay getting off the ship because there was so much luggage, they had a hard time getting it off the ship fast enough for us to also disembark. I suspect this will be the same, if not worse because this is not DCL's normal port.

I will post when I figure out how much a shuttle will be... :moped:

SandraLee said:

Thanks.

Sent you a PM

k

I'm excited - went to Wal-Mart last night and picked up the infamous sandles for myself, Elaine, her mother, my daughter and her best friend. They told me they only had children's sizes but keep looking, we found them. Can't wait :cool1:

Q's My Princess said:
Angela,

That is too funny! I just finished printing your Pirate Night door magnet!

ARRRRRRRRRRRR! pirate:

Yay! Thanks in advance for the magnet! You're so wonderful to make them for all of us! :cheer2:

moocow35 said:
Hi all! Could someone please help me with these light up flip flop things from Walmart? I went over today, and all I could find that "lit up" were some clear sandal type things with 2 inch heels. The heels lit up when you tapped them on the floor. Are these the ones? :confused3

Robin

I got those for our New Years Eve party....They are a blast!!! :banana:

I'm trying to find room in the suitcase for them but they might not make the cut.

DisneyDreamer8 said:
I got those for our New Years Eve party....They are a blast!!! :banana:
I'm trying to find room in the suitcase for them but they might not make the cut.

They won't fit in a corner somewhere? squeeze - squeeze - tug = tug

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:
This is part 2 of the original thread started on 5/04/2004. It is currently continued (as of 2/10/2008) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717505

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter