•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I have tried to keep track of room numbers where people have indicated that they are studios with walk-in showers. So far I have collected the following info:

3119 -- dedicated
5123 -- lock-off
7119 -- dedicated
6122 -- lock-off
4121 -- dedicated

Possibles based on general description:
4128 -- lock-off
6135 -- dedicated

Does anyone have any other room numbers for studios with walk-in showers to add to this
I know there is a desire to figure out where the studios with walk-in showers are vs the tubs:

I have tried to keep track of room numbers where people have indicated that they are studios with walk-in showers.

Does anyone have any other room numbers for studios with walk-in showers to add to this

2123 is a lockoff with a walk in shower
3122 is a lockoff with a walk in shower
4115 is an alternate lockoff with a tub, despite being handicapped accessible
(Previously based on the Handicapped Accessibility we had this assumed to be a walk in shower, but we just got confirmation from someone who stayed in it that it has a tub.)

Based off of prior room availability I expect that some of the tub studios will be lockoffs, but time will tell.

ETA: Looking at the calendar for January 2019 there are tub studios available, but not tub lockoffs so the available ones likely are dedicated studios with tubs. For walk in shower studios and lockoffs the availability matches exactly for September, October, and November indicating that the available rooms with walk in showers are lockoffs.

1161 is a dedicated with a tub, and so is 1146. There are two other first floor dedicated units shown in other pictures / videos which are also tub rooms. This helps support the theory that many first floor studios have tubs.

6112 is a lockoff with a walk in shower.
7119 is a lockoff with a walk in shower.

1134 is a dedicated studio with a tub
1136 is a lockoff studio with a tub

Last edited:
2123 is a lockoff with a walk in shower
4115 is an alternate lockoff with walk in shower.

Based off of prior room availability I expect that some of the tub studios will be lockoffs, but time will tell.

ETA: Looking at the calendar for January 2019 there are tub studios available, but not tub lockoffs so the available ones likely are dedicated studios with tubs. For walk in shower studios and lockoffs the availability matches exactly for September, October, and November indicating that the available rooms with walk in showers are lockoffs.

Interesting I didn't know any of the alternate studios had a walk-in shower. All the photos I have seen have tubs with sliding doors.

Hi all,
Joining the party as we (and I mean my mother in law) just put down a deposit on our first ever DVC purchase. We just returned from a trip to California, where we had a wedding, and since we were flying across the country with 10 month old twins, we figured we might as well swing by Disneyland while we were out there! My MIL came along to help us out and also go to Disney with the babes (her only grandchildren), and was so enthralled with their reactions to the characters, that she decided to buy into DVC. I'm not sure if she got her paperwork delivered yet, but she deposited with a December UY. We don't plan on taking our first trip until May 2020, right before the twins turn 3 (so we can take advantage of them still being free, but also celebrate their 3rd birthday all at the same time).

Based off of prior room availability I expect that some of the tub studios will be lockoffs,

Previous posts suggest there are 42 dedicated studios and 36 lock-off studios. There are 30 dedicated studios on the 1st floor (including 2 that are alternate studios). So far, I have not been able to confirm a walk-in shower studio on the 1st floor. This could mean that there are no walk-ins at ground level, or it could mean non-DVC visitors are being checked in to these rooms, hence no postings in the forum.

It has been suggested that there are 41 walk-in shower studios. If the ?119, the ?121, the ?122, the ?123, the ?128 studios, plus the 4115 and the 6135 are walk-ins, then this would be 28/41 identified. But...we probably need a few more data points to confirm any of this!

Last edited:
Hi all,
Joining the party as we (and I mean my mother in law) just put down a deposit on our first ever DVC purchase. We just returned from a trip to California, where we had a wedding, and since we were flying across the country with 10 month old twins, we figured we might as well swing by Disneyland while we were out there! My MIL came along to help us out and also go to Disney with the babes (her only grandchildren), and was so enthralled with their reactions to the characters, that she decided to buy into DVC. I'm not sure if she got her paperwork delivered yet, but she deposited with a December UY. We don't plan on taking our first trip until May 2020, right before the twins turn 3 (so we can take advantage of them still being free, but also celebrate their 3rd birthday all at the same time).

Congratulations, your family will have some wonderful memories over the years.

Interesting I didn't know any of the alternate studios had a walk-in shower. All the photos I have seen have tubs with sliding doors.
I would like to see photos to confirm, but it is a handicapped accessible room so that might explain the difference.

Hi all,
Congratulations! I think you will find Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort. Have you visited there before? It doesn't much matter, you will in 2020. We first took our daughter just before she turned three and we will do the same with our son this year. It is a great time to take them, and Wilderness Lodge has a great location with nice proximity to MK and boat transportation options. It makes getting back to the room for a break nice and easy. The flexibility of DVC works great so that you don't have to take a trip every year, although you may want to!

Previous posts suggest there are 42 dedicated studios and 36 lock-off studios. There are 30 dedicated studios on the 1st floor (including 2 that are alternate studios). So far, I have not been able to confirm a walk-in shower studio on the 1st floor. This could mean that there are no walk-ins at ground level, or it could mean non-DVC visitors are being checked in to these rooms, hence no postings in the forum.

It has been suggested that there are 41 walk-in shower studios. If the ?119, the ?121, the ?122, the ?123, the ?128 studios, plus the 4115 and the 6135 are walk-ins, then this would be 28/41 identified. But...we probably need a few more data points to confirm any of this!
Nice work. The 42 and 36 numbers for dedicated and lockoff studios are in the DVC contract, so they should be valid. Earlier somebody suggested that the reason there are so many studios on the ground floor is that it was more economical to not change as much in the foundation to reconfigure these ground floor rooms. Perhaps this also means they were left as tubs as well. Many of these rooms were not yet in use at all when we were there in August. It would be a significant discovery if a majority of studios with tubs are on the first floor, since it would have such a limiting effect on meeting location requests for rooms with tubs.
Another contributing variable is the Handicapped Accessible rooms, which traditionally have walk in showers. 4115 could be the only walk in shower alternate studio if it is the only HA alternate studio.
Finally I have seen in videos of the other alternate studios that even though they have tubs, they have a nice dual shower head setup and glass doors, so they don't have much disadvantage over the walk in ones.

Hi all,

:welcome:So cool of your ML!! And even more exciting for you and your little ones!!! You guys are going to love WL! The pools are great and the property is so relaxing!! The anxiety waiting for your first trip is going to be crazy, but planning will be so much fun! I added you to Page 1!
:yay: PS - I’m from NJ too!

*WELCOME HOME*

Last edited:
Hi all,

:welcome: I am sure you will have many wonderful trips! We are taking our last trip with our daughter under 3 this September and then will return soon after she turns 3. It is a bit of a shock to think of the costs with having to pay for her, so I can't imagine with two!

Hello All,

We just got back from a WDW trip and we took the plunge and purchased our first DVC at CCV this past weekend. We are so excited and have already scheduled our return! We got a UY of October. We are going back in July and staying just two nights (at BLT) (we are venturing to that other park for most of our visit) and then booked a longer stay November 25th thru the 30th. We are so excited. We have never stayed at WL, but have been during Christmas to eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We are so very excited! :)

Take care,
Mo

Hello All,

We just got back from a WDW trip and we took the plunge and purchased our first DVC at CCV this past weekend. We are so excited and have already scheduled our return! We got a UY of October. We are going back in July and staying just two nights (at BLT) (we are venturing to that other park for most of our visit) and then booked a longer stay November 25th thru the 30th. We are so excited. We have never stayed at WL, but have been during Christmas to eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We are so very excited! :)

Take care,
Mo

:welcome:and Congrats! So exciting! We will be at CCV during the time you’ll be there in November! Maybe we’ll run into each other! WL is so beautiful and extremely relaxing! I think you’ll love it there! I added you to Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME*

Last edited:
[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
Thanks for your response. Was the room pretty far down the hallway so you were close to where the Trout Pass Bar used to be which is now a Spa/Salon?

No it was very close to the elevator. The one just to the left of check-in by the little water bridge in the lobby. You exited the elevators and made a left. You could see the room directly in front of you before the hallway turns to the right.

Quick question for those who have stayed in a studio.

I will be staying for 3 weeks at the beginning of July. Staying with my mum so one in the bed, one on the sofa bed.

Question is - how comfortable is the sofa bed and where is the bedding kept to make it up? I assume we will need to make up the sofa bed when we arrive so is the bedding in a cupboard or do we need to call housekeeping for it?

Thanks in advance for any replies:thanks:

Quick question for those who have stayed in a studio.

I will be staying for 3 weeks at the beginning of July. Staying with my mum so one in the bed, one on the sofa bed.

Question is - how comfortable is the sofa bed and where is the bedding kept to make it up? I assume we will need to make up the sofa bed when we arrive so is the bedding in a cupboard or do we need to call housekeeping for it?

Thanks in advance for any replies:thanks:

The sofa bed should be made up already although we have found that it was sadly made up because it had never been changed from the last guest that used it although that was not at Copper Creek. I suggest checking it out carefully.

If not made up then there should be sheets a blanket and a pillow in a cupboard or closet in the room.

Just wanted to post up and let it be known that somehow we lucked out and got Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at Copper Creek:santa:! My family is based in the panhandle and my SO's family is in South Florida. To split the holiday season/not argue over which family we're doing Christmas with, we just peaked and noticed both Christmas Eve and Day had a studio available. So we snagged it! Any advice?? I've never spent Christmas time at Disney. I know it's crazy but we're so excited to see the Lodge all dressed up. :love:

Hello All,

Take care,
Mo

Welcome to the CCV neighbors and lovers group! You will love that time after Thanksgiving as it is a little less crowded than earlier in November. The holiday decor is special. Wishing many happy vacations using your DVC membership!

[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]

No it was very close to the elevator. The one just to the left of check-in by the little water bridge in the lobby. You exited the elevators and made a left. You could see the room directly in front of you before the hallway turns to the right.

OK, thanks.

Only 36 days before we go to CCV!! Very excited, and might go by the Reunion Station mix and mingle. Have no interest in paying the $50/person/day for the "extras".. Too much money! But will go by and maybe talk to the DVC executives (if they are there) and mention that the price is too high for our
liking... Maybe it will fall on "deaf ears" or maybe it may not... I will definitely let them know my .02 cents worth as a DVC member....

We will see.... Stay tuned!!

DeerH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter