•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Here's some new info today on the Reunion Station offerings, opening April 30. https://wdwnt.com/2018/03/wildernes...ions-begin-april-4-for-vacation-club-members/

We'll be there shortly after this debuts, but it's not going to work for our budget or plans. Maybe we'll stop by for an evening "mix and mingle."

Darn, we were hoping it would be open while we were there to at least see the building during the mix and mingle but it looks like we will be a week early.

I think Shady Point was the area that the walkway went through to get to the boat dock. They've cleared that area out but it still has the trees with Spanish Moss hanging from them as you walk to the boats.

We were guessing that was the area because there are some endangered?/old native trees in that area, or so we were told on the lobby tour by the ranger. It makes sense to me.

Here's some new info today on the Reunion Station offerings, opening April 30. https://wdwnt.com/2018/03/wildernes...ions-begin-april-4-for-vacation-club-members/

We'll be there shortly after this debuts, but it's not going to work for our budget or plans. Maybe we'll stop by for an evening "mix and mingle."

It looks like we will miss it this year. I still think it is a shame that it is not pay as you go instead of requiring $50/$39 per night for length of stay for every guest in a room. I doubt most DVC members will opt for this add on as it is just too expensive. Now if they allowed extra points to pay for it more members would be interested. But I am not sure the Declaration would permit that use of points.

Are there any CCV rooms that the front door faces into the lobby? (The hallways you can see from the lobby)
Yes, on the 4th and 5th floor rooms x103 and x105 have balconies that face towards Bay Lake and doors that open to the lobby. They are lockoff studio / 2 bedrooms. Then on the 5th and 6th floor above the registration desk there are rooms that have balconies that overlook the bus stops.

The floor maps are here and the lobby is on the left side of the maps as they are drawn.

Yes, on the 4th and 5th floor rooms x103 and x105 have balconies that face towards Bay Lake and doors that open to the lobby. They are lockoff studio / 2 bedrooms. Then on the 5th and 6th floor above the registration desk there are rooms that have balconies that overlook the bus stops.

The floor maps are here and the lobby is on the left side of the maps as they are drawn.

Thanks! I was looking at your amazing maps, but wasn’t 100% sure which ones faced the lobby. Your post was very helpful!

There are two rooms on the 7th floor above the lobby as well. I assume they overlook the bus stop as well. BTW, we sat on both the 4th and 7th floors in the chairs provided in little areas where the railing butts out. The noise from the lobby area rises upwards and just echoes up there. I am not sure I would want a room there. It would be like having a room at the pool with pool parties going on all the time. :rockband:

There are two rooms on the 7th floor above the lobby as well. I assume they overlook the bus stop as well. BTW, we sat on both the 4th and 7th floors in the chairs provided in little areas where the railing butts out. The noise from the lobby area rises upwards and just echoes up there. I am not sure I would want a room there. It would be like having a room at the pool with pool parties going on all the time. :rockband:

Thanks, good to know!!

The view from the sitting area on the 7th floor South side is pretty impressive. It is neat that it is now accessible to all guests, since it used to be restricted to CL guests.
p2483927640-4.jpg

An interesting thing about those two 7th floor rooms (7095 and 7096) is that according to the Disney WL room map they are part of WL and not CCV, despite being on the South side. These used to be honeymoon suites, and we have no information to indicate that they have changed.

We have stayed in that location on the 6th floor and really enjoyed it. We could definitely hear noise from WCC in the evenings, so it isn’t the quietest location but it was never an issue at night. We just loved the view looking down from the open hallway as we walked to/from the room.

Last edited:

Just
The view from the sitting area on the 7th floor South side is pretty impressive. It is neat that it is now accessible to all guests, since it used to be restricted to CL guests.
p2483927640-4.jpg

An interesting thing about those two 7th floor rooms (7095 and 7096) is that according to the Disney WL room map they are part of WL and not CCV, despite being on the South side. These used to be honeymoon suites, and we have no information to indicate that they have changed.

We have stayed in that location on the 6th floor and really enjoyed it. We could definitely hear noise from WCC in the evenings, so it isn’t the quietest location but it was never an issue at night. We just loved the view looking down from the open hallway as we walked to/from the room.

Here is the same view at Christmas time!!!! Definitely a beautiful view from up there!

A45A659C-D5DA-445C-91FF-80685E9A9574.png

Last edited:
I missed it last week, but Copper Creek had their third declaration of units, just 17 days after the second declaration.

Full Article:
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...er-declaration-for-copper-creek-villas-cabins

This means that the fourth floor is fully declared now, and we have confirmed the floorplan and room types. The fifth and seventh floors were declared in the original declaration, along with some cabins and the 4th floor Grand Villa. The second declaration covered the North side of the 4th floor, and this declaration covers the South side. Since Disney can swap declared and undeclared rooms of equal point values this doesn't say much about where DVC member rooms will be located, but it is still neat to see the floorplan filling in and to confirm the room locations we suspected.

Last edited:
I missed it last week, but Copper Creek had their third declaration of units, just 17 days after the second declaration.

Full Article:
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...er-declaration-for-copper-creek-villas-cabins

This means that the fourth floor is fully declared now, and we have confirmed the floorplan and room types. The fifth and seventh floors were declared in the original declaration, along with some cabins and the 4th floor Grand Villa. The second declaration covered the North side of the 4th floor, and this declaration covers the South side. Since Disney can swap declared and undeclared rooms of equal point values this doesn't say much about where DVC member rooms will be located, but it is still neat to see the floorplan filling in and to confirm the room locations we suspected.

A question:

Are the rooms assigned to DVC members for renting on points and the rooms assigned to Disney for renting to the public as basically "a hotel room that happens to be in a DVC location" (lets call that hotel) "fixed" as in "room 1234 is always assigned to members on points and room 1240 is always assigned to hotel guests" ? Or is there flexibility for specific rooms (so 1234 and 1240 could go to either member or hotel at any given rental period), but the overall room count for each category has to meet the proper "ratio" ?

(I hope that makes sense)

SW

I know there is a desire to figure out where the studios with walk-in showers are vs the tubs:

During our stay in December we were in 5123; it had the walk-in shower.

Kind of in the corner of the building overlooking the courtyard, so you were up near the waterfall but could not actually see the waterfall; the main WL pool was in the distance.

I took a bunch of pictures of the view, but have yet to get them off my phone; once I do I'll upload some of the better ones.

SW

A question:

Are the rooms assigned to DVC members for renting on points and the rooms assigned to Disney for renting to the public as basically "a hotel room that happens to be in a DVC location" (lets call that hotel) "fixed" as in "room 1234 is always assigned to members on points and room 1240 is always assigned to hotel guests" ? Or is there flexibility for specific rooms (so 1234 and 1240 could go to either member or hotel at any given rental period), but the overall room count for each category has to meet the proper "ratio" ?

(I hope that makes sense)

SW

My understanding is the short answer is “No, Rooms available to DVC members and those available for cash reservations through Disney are not separated by location within a DVC Resort”. So, a single room could be rented by a DVC member one night and be sold as a cash reservation the next.

The longer complicating details come from the fact that while a DVC Resort is being sold, not all of the possible rooms have been declared into DVC member inventory. The remaining rooms are held by the developer, Disney Vacation Development or “DVD”. These rooms may be used for demonstrations, sales offices (as much of the Second floor is), or rented to the public. Also, these rooms may be exchanged an an equal point basis with rooms that have been declared into DVC inventory, so effectively a DVC member staying on points may wind up with a room anywhere in the DVC Resort.

Finally with WL there is the complication that some locations are part of WL, and others are part of CCV. These distinctions should not change over time, and once CCV is fully declared the regular hotel rooms remain owned by Disney while the CCV portion is owned by the time share owners. Disney then still owns a portion of those shares they can use for cash reservations.

I know there is a desire to figure out where the studios with walk-in showers are vs the tubs:

During our stay in December we were in 5123; it had the walk-in shower.

It would be nice to have a page 1 entry listing the known rooms given that they are a bookable room category

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter