Zombie Threads...what harm do they do???

Poohlove

DIS Veteran
With respect to the zombie threads, is it really hurting anybody or anything when they come back around. I would think sometimes it's because someone searched for something specific that is relevant to them and they could also benefit from new input from current, active posters. I'm just curious about what it is that makes people feel the need to make a big deal about it? I'm not flaming anyone, honestly, I'm just curious about why it's necessary to call out the age of the thread?

As others have pointed out and I agree it seems that conversation has been a little flat lately, the "zombie" threads may bring some fresh conversation in their own way.

With respect to the zombie threads, is it really hurting anybody or anything when they come back around. I would think sometimes it's because someone searched for something specific that is relevant to them and they could also benefit from new input from current, active posters. I'm just curious about what it is that makes people feel the need to make a big deal about it? I'm not flaming anyone, honestly, I'm just curious about why it's necessary to call out the age of the thread?

As others have pointed out and I agree it seems that conversation has been a little flat lately, the "zombie" threads may bring some fresh conversation in their own way.

I can kind of see where you're coming from Poohlove but I think what gets some of us (yes, me) is that we might have already "addressed" the issue of the thread years ago. And for me seeing past posters for a second I get all excited that they might be back......and they're not. :(

There's no harm. I just think certain people can't resist pointing out that it's a zombie thread.

I always check the date of a long thread that suddenly appears so I don't pay attention to the info..it may be outdated, wrong, blah blah blah.

The boards are very boring lately so a heated zombie thread would be welcome. Come on thirteen year old in a stroller!!

To me, it's the thing that this might be someone trying to up their post count. Or they're trying to make something out of nothing that changed long ago.

There's also been times where if you don't look close, you could very easily NOT see that the thread about whatever is years old and now a rumor gets started again over something that's already been done for years.

I can kind of see where you're coming from Poohlove but I think what gets some of us (yes, me) is that we might have already "addressed" the issue of the thread years ago. And for me seeing past posters for a second I get all excited that they might be back......and they're not. :(
What if it's a new thread about a topic you posted on years ago?

I do wish people would follow up with updates and their situations. People get invested when they try to help and when the OP doesn't update it always leaves me curious.

I get annoyed when I see someone post a well written, well thought out response to someone who posted years ago, not knowing it's a zombie.Also, n/a to this board, but others, information is no longer accurate (policies, prices), and some who don't read all the way through end up being misinformed.

Odd is a relative term and differs from one person to another. I have never thought about someone using an old thread to up their post count, maybe that thread would be what interested them as opposed to some of the current topics.

There is nothing wrong with zombie threads. There is also nothing wrong with pointing out they are zombie threads.
I agree it isn't wrong to point it out but the wording sometimes gives me a visual of someone pointing and yelling "zombie thread" lol

The "newbie" bumping for no good reason is probably laughing maniacally knowing full well they are making someone crazy ;)

I find it annoying to waste my time on something that was surely resolved years ago. If you want information start a new thread!

I find it annoying to waste my time on something that was surely resolved years ago. If you want information start a new thread!
Since it annoys you do you comment on that particular thread or do you move on?

Why start a new thread when there is an old one to add on to? A lot of times threads start as one thing and end up something completely different.

There's no harm. I just think certain people can't resist pointing out that it's a zombie thread.

I always check the date of a long thread that suddenly appears so I don't pay attention to the info..it may be outdated, wrong, blah blah blah.

The boards are very boring lately so a heated zombie thread would be welcome. Come on thirteen year old in a stroller!!

I must admit I'm a little confused about older kids being in strollers without any kind of type of medical reason for doing so.

The only reason I can think of people doing it is to cart around all the snacks they bring into the parks to save money, in particular hotdogs precooked in the hotel coffee pot. Or toasted sandwiches made with the iron.

It could also be handy for a quick get away in the crowds at closing time.

59c49f5417fc04f44b5100686d02d820.jpg

Actually, I'm starting to see the benefits of older kids in strollers now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter