Zombie Apocalypse and Pixie Dust - A 2 week Disneymoon (PTR link 11/14)

I don't know if I'll have time to update tonight, but for sure this weekend I'll put up day 2.

For now I just wanted to share a little piece of good news.
We always thought that out budget doesn't really allow us to go to Disney more often than once every 5-6 years. This was making us very sad.

Well, we took a good hard look at our finances and we think we should be able to save enough to go every 2-3 years!!! :cool1: It's not as much as lots of you, and we'd have to do some serious number crunching to find the most affordable scenario, but I'm so happy! I'm gonna get to visit my paradise on earth again (relatively) soon! :goodvibes

That's wonderful!!!

I know what you mean. I'm a bit envious too... we've been saving since 2001 to go to Disney in 2012. As such, we've saved enough airmiles to pay for all four of our seats, which is why it is doable in March 2012!! Very excited! I would be over the moon if we could go every year, or two, or three! So congrats! :banana:

I'm here :) Thanks for the recommendation! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun so far! I understand about the heat... it was EXTREMELY hot when we were there in August! Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

That's wonderful!!!

I know what you mean. I'm a bit envious too... we've been saving since 2001 to go to Disney in 2012. As such, we've saved enough airmiles to pay for all four of our seats, which is why it is doable in March 2012!! Very excited! I would be over the moon if we could go every year, or two, or three! So congrats! :banana:

2009 was our first trip to Disney as adults. It had both been close to 20 years since our previous (separate, obviously) trip. It'll be a tight fit budget wise to go more often, but we are willing to make it work if it means more Disney. :cloud9:

I'm here :) Thanks for the recommendation! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun so far! I understand about the heat... it was EXTREMELY hot when we were there in August! Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Yay! :welcome: Jess! Glad you came over and hope you enjoy the read.

I don't know if I'll have time to update tonight, but for sure this weekend I'll put up day 2.

For now I just wanted to share a little piece of good news.
We always thought that out budget doesn't really allow us to go to Disney more often than once every 5-6 years. This was making us very sad.

Well, we took a good hard look at our finances and we think we should be able to save enough to go every 2-3 years!!! :cool1: It's not as much as lots of you, and we'd have to do some serious number crunching to find the most affordable scenario, but I'm so happy! I'm gonna get to visit my paradise on earth again (relatively) soon! :goodvibes

That's fantastic news! I never knew back in 1998 (our first trip to Disney) that we'd be so enamored with Walt Disney World. We've been fortunate enough to go back every year (once 3 x in year). It's so great that you guys are going to get to go more often than you originally thought. :yay:

Ron here...

OK...I dunno about some of you out there, but I think SERIOUS consideration is needed by those Disney higher-ups, to start development and production of what I've started calling the "Disney Patch".

Look...if cigarette smokers can get a nicotine patch to help curb the cravings, I think it's well within the realm of today's scientific, medical, and magical technology for my aforementioned Disney Patch to be invented.

But perhaps there already exists a conspiracy that shadowy elements at Universal have stymied such production, much like oil companies halted the development and production of electric cars. :scared1:

Hopefully...demand and need for such a patch will force it to become a reality. I myself suffer from mild shakes, uncontrollable whispers under my breath of "disney...disney...disney", and this continual strange craving for Dole Whips.

The patch in question would stick onto your skin, then infuse your body with magical (yet strictly trademarked and secretive" Disney chemicals) which can help curb the cravings of even the most avid Disney addicts. Upon infusion, smells of freshly made Main Street popcorn will fill your smell sensors. "Wishes", "the magic memories and you", or even "It's a small world" will sound in your ears. The Castle will appear out of the corner of your eye, looming like a beautiful mirage. And every so often, you will swear you can feel you are wearing Disney ears are on your head. Of course, as the patch works in conjunction with the individual's perception of Disney, smells, sounds, sights, and feels will vary. :)

Hahahaha....ok...i'm just blabbing away. But, I am glad that me and the missus can definately see ourselves going back in about 2-3 years. So much to look forward to at that time. AOA resort, new fantasyland, and who knows what else?

And back to your regularly scheduled program. This has been an unpaid advertisement from DisneyCo. "builders of dreams and wishes for over 50 years". :banana:

Please excuse my husband's blabbing. :laughing: He is going through major Disney withdrawal and that has impaired his brain functions a little. Now you know what I have to put up with everyday, for example as I'm trying to sleep. :rotfl: Just kidding. I love that he is passionate about Disney and I do just as much blabbing to him. :rolleyes1;)

That's fantastic news! I never knew back in 1998 (our first trip to Disney) that we'd be so enamored with Walt Disney World. We've been fortunate enough to go back every year (once 3 x in year). It's so great that you guys are going to get to go more often than you originally thought. :yay:

If I lived as close as you do to WDW and did not have to pay a fortune on plane tickets (around 500$ per person for a round trip) I would definitively try to go as often as you do. :goodvibes

Ron there is no quick cure. Even moving closer doesn't solve the withdrawal. I don't think a Disney fanatic can ever get enough. Maybe if I worked there it would help?

Day 2 part 1 - Ants in the Pants
August 12th, 2011

We were up at 7am again for our second park day. At the food court we shared a Bounty Platter for breakfast. It was good, except for the scrambled eggs. Unfortunately our brains were not awake yet and we did not take a picture. Despite taking a ginger pill I feel very queasy again. Hopefully it goes away soon.

We went outside and got in line for a bus.

125.jpg

By 8am we were already on our way to

126.jpg

We get a very good position close to the rope. I zigzag my way KTTWs in hands through the people and I'm amongst the first 10-15 to get a FP for

127.jpg

We quickly get in line to ride it standby as well.

DSC02749.jpg

DSC02752.jpg

DSC02753.jpg

DSC02755.jpg

DSC02756.jpg

We wait about 10 minutes, then we get to ride with the Little Green Aliens (sorry for the view of the CM's...)

DSC02759.jpg

Ron beats me by almost double my score.

DSC02763.jpg

We want to stay in the area as at 9:40am we can get another FP and we want TSM again. We decide to check out

129.jpg

We both really enjoyed looking through all the old Walt and Disney memorabilia. Some of our favorites are:

One of the first desk used by Walt (I think)

DSC02765.jpg

A scale model of Peter Pan's Flight

DSC02772.jpg

Scale model of original Jungle Cruise

DSC02770.jpg

Cinderella Castle construction

DSC02774.jpg

Walt's office

DSC02769.jpg

There should be something themed around WALL-E in the parks, or at the very least we should be able to meet him!

DSC02777.jpg

I never get tired of seeing Walt

130.jpg

After we get our 2nd set of TSM fastpasses, which are for sometimes in the afternoon, we go check out the wait for Tower of Terror. It says 30 minutes, which is more than we care to wait for any ride, so we go back towards the hat. We get several photopass pictures along the way, but as I haven't ordered my CD yet you'll have to make due with my own camera.

DSC02778.jpg

It's the only time we ever asked a photographer to use our own camera along with the photopass. We found it too cumbersome to do and instead all our photopass pictures were surprise to us when we got back.

More pictures around the hat area.

DSC02780.jpg

DSC02779.jpg

I got the idea for this picture in your TR, Courtney!

DSC02781.jpg

We walk across the park to ride something Ron had really been looking forward to, Star Tours 2.

DSC02784.jpg

DSC02786.jpg

DSC02789.jpg

The ride is fun, even if we are no rebel spies.

Up Next, That Giant Dog's Nose Stinks.

I am so glad to hear you will be able to make it back to Disney sooner than you thought! :woohoo:

2 FPs for TSM and a ride in the stand-by line - I am very impressed! :worship: Even though we try our best to get there early for TSM, we can never accomplish more than two rides. Love all of the pictures from One Man's Dream. I am taking the time to do that next trip! So glad you found the DHS banner! :goodvibes

Finally caught up!!

I loved POP. It was so nice and I loved our location. We also did not want a pool view. We are very lucky that we will be going again for F&W Nov 1 and 2. Hopefully this time we will be able to spend more time at the pool. We only spent 30 minutes this past trip.

I too loved Kona Cafe and the bread and butter!

We were lucky to pretty much walk right on TSM, and dbf loved it so much we got FP for the early afternoon.

I haven't written my AK day yet, but I was feeling the quease & dizzy :sick:too. I know for me it was the heat and affects from taking my meds on an empty stomach. It was also my grumpy day... :sad2:

I look forward to more!!

Ron there is no quick cure. Even moving closer doesn't solve the withdrawal. I don't think a Disney fanatic can ever get enough. Maybe if I worked there it would help?

We'd love to work there! Either when we retire, or even if we win the lottery. We could work at Disney part of the year, then come back here the other months to spend time with our families and friends. Oh to dream...:goodvibes

I am so glad to hear you will be able to make it back to Disney sooner than you thought! :woohoo:

2 FPs for TSM and a ride in the stand-by line - I am very impressed! :worship: Even though we try our best to get there early for TSM, we can never accomplish more than two rides. Love all of the pictures from One Man's Dream. I am taking the time to do that next trip! So glad you found the DHS banner! :goodvibes

If there is one thing we are good at, it's getting up early and getting to the parks before park opening. I think we also got lucky that fastpasses did not run out as early as usualy for TSM that day.

One Man's Dream is great, especially if you love hearing about Walt and his life. :thumbsup2

Finally caught up!!

I loved POP. It was so nice and I loved our location. We also did not want a pool view. We are very lucky that we will be going again for F&W Nov 1 and 2. Hopefully this time we will be able to spend more time at the pool. We only spent 30 minutes this past trip.

I too loved Kona Cafe and the bread and butter!

We were lucky to pretty much walk right on TSM, and dbf loved it so much we got FP for the early afternoon.

I haven't written my AK day yet, but I was feeling the quease & dizzy :sick:too. I know for me it was the heat and affects from taking my meds on an empty stomach. It was also my grumpy day... :sad2:

I look forward to more!!

I'm torn because part of me wants to try all the different resorts, but part of me loved POP so much that we want to go back there.

Ron had me take this ginger pill every morning so that I wouldn't get motion sickness later on, but I think it might have made me feel more queasy in the morning. I stopped taking it after a few days and I started feeling better. It's like it had the opposite effect on me. :confused3

I just found your TR through your signature on a post in Lisa's TR. I have to say- I love the title! I'm really enjoying your TR & photos so far. I can't wait to read more!

Just found your TR and I'm really enjoying it. My DH and I Disneymooned as well!

Loving the updates!

I don't think there could be a patch strong enough to get over true Disney-obsession :) I keep saying I need to win the lottery so I live in Florida and visit WDW whenever I like, but it's not happening. :rotfl:

Ron here...
Phoenix...keep positive. I'm not saying either of us will win that lottery. But, I would rather keep telling myself that it "might" happen, rather than saying it will NEVER happen. :)

Me and the wifey have already had lengthy discussions regarding the "what if we won the lottery" and how it would affect Disney Trips.

While such talk is currently far from reality, it's still a nice diversion from the realities of what-is, and actually gives us a game plan to follow if we (miraculously) win.

Hey anyone who's ever won, never thought they'd win.

On a completely different note...
I could sooo go for a dole whip float right now. :banana:

Oh my goodness! How did I miss so much? I am here (finally). Love the trip report!

I am sorry EE made you sick. It is my favorite ride. I am not sure what I would do if it made me queasy. I would be very sad!

I love those ears :goodvibes. I bet you could get away with wearing them again on an anniversary trip someday. I think I just love the ear headbands in general. They are all so cute! I think I might get the cute black sparkly ones for our next trip.

Your meal at Kona looks awesome! Mmmm!

We spent our entire trip looking for those "just married" buttons. We didn't find any. I can't wait to find out if you found a pair!

Mel---

Just wanted to say that I am *almost* caught up on reading your TR and so far it is absolutely wonderful!!:banana:

You had such a great time at AK-- I am super impressed since I never can do everything there I want to do.:eek:

Loved that pic of you and Ron at AK in front of the sign that said "Let the memories begin!" How very fitting-- on your first day of vacation!

You got some great pictures and I can't wait to read the rest.popcorn::

Sorry it took so long for me to get here!:hug:

I'm trying really hard, but I can't seem to find the time to update! Ugh! It's been a very busy weekend, and I have a busy week ahead. Plus, I need to finish choosing my borders for the photopass CD by Thursday, so I should focus on that. At least Ron is helping a little with that (after a lot of arm twisting...)

I just found your TR through your signature on a post in Lisa's TR. I have to say- I love the title! I'm really enjoying your TR & photos so far. I can't wait to read more!

:welcome: Glad you decided to join in. Ron and (mostly) his daughter are big zombie fans. It came into play at some point in our trip. Should be coming up soon. :upsidedow

Just found your TR and I'm really enjoying it. My DH and I Disneymooned as well!

:welcome: I think Disney is the best place for a honeymoon. :cloud9:

Loving the updates!

I don't think there could be a patch strong enough to get over true Disney-obsession :) I keep saying I need to win the lottery so I live in Florida and visit WDW whenever I like, but it's not happening. :rotfl:

We try to think positive and do like The Secret (I think that's what it is) says: We say *when* we will win the lottery instead of *if* when we talk about our Disney plans. Think it'll work? :rotfl:

Oh my goodness! How did I miss so much? I am here (finally). Love the trip report!

I am sorry EE made you sick. It is my favorite ride. I am not sure what I would do if it made me queasy. I would be very sad!

I love those ears :goodvibes. I bet you could get away with wearing them again on an anniversary trip someday. I think I just love the ear headbands in general. They are all so cute! I think I might get the cute black sparkly ones for our next trip.

Your meal at Kona looks awesome! Mmmm!

We spent our entire trip looking for those "just married" buttons. We didn't find any. I can't wait to find out if you found a pair!

Woohoo! You're here! I like EE, but not enough to be too sad about feeling sick. But I would be very sad if my other favorite rides made me sick!

I do think the white veil ears should be reserved for a honeymoon or vow renewal (*when* we win the lottery we are renewing our vows at Disney :rolleyes1:bride:). I too prefer the headbands to the hat ears. I like the black sparkly ones you mentioned, but I think I prefer the pink glittery ears I saw on this trip.

You'll have to wait and see if we found those elusive buttons. ;)

Mel---

Just wanted to say that I am *almost* caught up on reading your TR and so far it is absolutely wonderful!!:banana:

You had such a great time at AK-- I am super impressed since I never can do everything there I want to do.:eek:

Loved that pic of you and Ron at AK in front of the sign that said "Let the memories begin!" How very fitting-- on your first day of vacation!

You got some great pictures and I can't wait to read the rest.popcorn::

Sorry it took so long for me to get here!:hug:

AK was one of the hardest park to plan for, but in the end I think it worked amazingly. I love everything there, and Ron enjoys a lot the shows and rides.

I did not even make the connection between taking a pic with the "Let the memories begin" sign and the fact that it was our first park day. Good catch!

No worries about you getting here just now. You just got back from a trip and school has just started for your kids, so I'm sure you've been very busy.:goodvibes

Day 2 part 2 - That Giant Dog's Nose Stinks
August 12th, 2011

When I last left you we had just done some intergalactic travels.
DSC02790.jpg

While it was a fun ride (Ron LOVED it!), it made my motion sickness come right back. It didn't help that it was scorching hot outside with absolutely no clouds in sight.

I didn't want to risk doing a ride at this point, so we went to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid. This was a must for the day because it was going to be down for refurb a couple of days later.

DSC02792.jpg

DSC02791.jpg

I was under the impression that this show ran continuously, but apparently they were only running one show every 50 minutes. The time for the next show may have been posted at the front, but because I was feeling so well and just wanted to get into the AC, I did not notice. Because of that we ended up waiting close to 30 minutes for it. At least I caught up in my journal.

I thought I took some pictures, but I can't find them. Maybe they were just too blurry and got deleted. Anyway, I thought Ariel sand beautifully and I liked the rain effect, but to me the show was just okay. Cute, but not as great as I was expecting.

At this point I'm a bit confused about the order, but I'll do my best.

I *think* we walked to Tower of Terror to get some fastpasses. It must have been just before noon by then. We also got some ice cream (chocolate for me, orange sorbet for Ron) at one of the CS near TOT. Mmmmm, cold ice cream!

A pic taken on the way to our next attraction.

136.jpg

We went back to One Man's Dream because we had skipped the movie about Walt earlier. We took some more pictures.

DSC02793.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

DSC02797.jpg

133.jpg

I really love seeing all those clips with Walt. I think if I could go back in time and meet one person, it would be him.

The Green Army Man was out with barely a line so of course I could not resist getting my picture taken with him.

DSC02799.jpg

Even though we were just two adults, our next destination was the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. What can I say, I love playgrounds and wish I was still a kid so I could play in them!

Those cut off grass thingy play some sounds when you step on them so Ron was a bit distracted while I was trying to take his picture.

137.jpg

138.jpg

Finally I got him to look at me.

139.jpg

We found the dog nose.

140.jpg

Walked around some more.

141.jpg

Went up the spiderweb. I love climbing!

143.jpg

And ended up our tour with taking a picture on the giant ant.

144.jpg

There was basically no one in line for Mike Wazowsky so we hopped in. This picture will come when we get our photopass CD.

I don't know whether we did the next thing before or after meeting the green monster. I'm talking about the Backlot Tour.

They did not have any guests as "extras" in the first section, not sure why. It was cool though. Then we got on the tram and visited the back part.

145.jpg

I really liked Catastrophe Canyon.

146.jpg

150.jpg

The back side of water.

151.jpg

We gave each other an award.
DSC02800.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

Then, believe it or not, we got our THIRD set of FPs for Toy Story Mania!!

DSC02805.jpg

With so many FPs for TSM, we had to ride it then. Chinese Checkers was one of my favorite board game as a kid.

DSC02806.jpg

I lost again, obviously. At least I improved on my previous score.

DSC02807.jpg

By then we just could not take the heat anymore, so we decided to head back to the resort. As we were walking to the bus stop we saw a POP bus waiting there so we started jogging. Guess that hard work of jogging all summer paid off as we caught our bus and were soon on our way home.

Up Next, I Eat Nice People For Lunch (or Dinner)

Last November I rode TSMM 4 times in one day, twice in Standby and twice with FP. Love that you guys got up to 3 FPs for it :)

I have never seen Voyage of The Little Mermaid. I plan on seeing it in February when I go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter