Zombie Apocalypse and Pixie Dust - A 2 week Disneymoon (PTR link 11/14)

Day 0 - Our First Dose of Pixie Dust

I've waited long enough before starting this trip report, so let's not waste too much time on the before and jump right into things!

It's finally here, the day we had been waiting for, time to leave for Disney! We get up at 5am, do some last minute packing (toiletries and such) and are out the door at 6am. We drive to Ron's friend's house to leave our car there, then he takes us to the airport (he lives much closer than us). It's really early and still summer so there is absolutely no traffic and we are at the airport shortly after 6:30am.

There are some lines everywhere and we are finally through custom at 7:40am (though we are in Canada we actually go through USA customs in our airport. I love that, because it means we can just step off the plane and get on our way once we hit Orlando). We eat a quick breakfast at Burger King and then wait at our gate.
002.jpg

Flight is suppose to leave at 8:55am, but is delayed a little. Something about the pilots just arriving from Toronto or something. Finally we take off at 9:30am.
005.jpg

I watch "Soul Surfer" on the plane, a true story about a surfer who lost her arm due to a shark attack. It was a great movie. It helps that I'm a big fan of surfing.

I see the coast of Florida!
012.jpg

I love how fake everything looks from a plane.
017.jpg

We land in Orlando at 12:45pm, 40 minutes late. It's actually kind of a good thing, since apparently we just missed a thunderstorm.

We were sitting close to the back of the plane so it takes a while to get off, but that also means that we don't have to wait at all for our luggage to show up.

Oh, wait! I'm getting ahead of myself. We had to take the "not quite as cool as Disney but still kinda fun" Orlando airport monorail.
DSC02514.jpg

DSC02518.jpg

I'm pretty good at getting myself oriented so we find Magical Express quickly. Our first encounter with Disney Employees. :woohoo:
DSC02520.jpg

DSC02522.jpg

There is absolutely zero lines so we go straight through. We got a real Magical Express bus! Woohoo!
DSC02524.jpg

DSC02527.jpg

The bus waited about 15 minutes, and then we were off. We got to watch the little video, then in no time we saw this:
DSC02526.jpg

WE'RE IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First stop was at Caribbean Beach Resort, our home 2 years ago. We loved it there.
022.jpg

Our bus only had two stops and soon we get to our new home for the next 2 weeks:
DSC02528.jpg

023.jpg

I'm so excited, we are finally HERE!!! We've been waiting so long for this, dreaming about it and talking about it all the time. I put on my ears and step off the bus.

The CM welcoming us sees my ears and asks if we are celebrating anything. I say our honeymoon, so he goes to look for some buttons. He can't find any, so we thank him and go inside. We hadn't done online check-in because we wanted to have a better chance at getting our requests met.

There are no lines to be seen anywhere in the lobby and we are welcomed by a nice CM named Michael. He happily informs us that we got a king size bed as requested. We have a room on the second floor in building 3, which is in the 50s. I ask if it's pool view, as I did not want that, and he says it's a courtyard view. Sweet pixie dust!
203.jpg

I ask if he has "Happily Ever After" buttons. It takes him a little while and he asks someone's help, but he manages to locate some. We talk about the quite rare "Just Married" buttons and he says they *might* have some at Magic Kingdom guest relations. It's not a must for us, so we never went to look for some.

The walk to our room is really short.
027.jpg

This is the view from standing at the end of our hallway, looking towards Classic hall (lobby & food court)
201.jpg

And now looking towards our room. We are a little before the T part of the building.
202.jpg

Our room:
024.jpg

DSC03168.jpg

DSC03169.jpg

We got a fridge! More pixie dust. (I have now learned that it's normal for an accessible room to always have a fridge)

Love the pattern on the bed, hidden Mickey on the carpet and the art on the wall
DSC03166.jpg

DSC03172.jpg

DSC03170.jpg

The room is not big by any means, but it's perfect for our needs.

Let's recap all the pixie dust we've received so far(well, not necessarily pixie dust, but good points) :
-Happily Ever After buttons
-Lots of congratulations by nice CM
-Room with a quiet landscape view
-VERY close to food court
-2nd floor, King size bed
-close to Bowling Pin Pool
-Fridge in room!

I'll stop here for now.
Up Next, an Evening of Appetizers

Joining in. Great start to your trip with all your pixie dust. I can't wait to hear more.

Yay for early pixie dust and a great room location!

I'm loving the pics of POP. I'm staying there in February, the second time I'll be staying there, but almost 4 years since the first time. :goodvibes

subbed! but wish you were posting more! we leave tomorrow, i'll hopefully y be able to read on my iphone, otherwise i'll have quite a bit of catching up to do when I get home!

Yay! What a great start you had! I hope the rest of the trip went just as well!

I never did get around to reading the vast majority of your earlier report. Hopefully I can keep up better with this one!

I'm loving the photos of POP! DD and I are staying their next year and I was not sure about going from a Moderate to a Value. Now I'm starting to get excited and still I have over 11 months to go :rotfl2:

Before we really start this trip report, I have a POP QUIZ for you:
1. Was a two weeks trip too long, too short, or just perfect?
2. Which restaurant did we try to walk up to and did we get in?
3. Did we get rained on and did it affect our plans?
4. Speaking of plans, how much did we stick to them?
5. What kind of Pixie Dust did we receive?
6. How many characters did we meet and which ones? Which one was the best interaction?
7. How many times did we ride Toy Story Mania?
8. Did I ever beat Ron's score?
9. What ride did we go on the most?
10. What's our record number of fastpasses held at one time?

Ugh.....not so good at Pop Quizzes....especially since I didn't read your PTR! :scared: Here are some wild stabs in the dark!

1. Two weeks....hmmm...perhaps a smidge too long.
2. Restaurant....could be just about anything. I'd say O'hana because I know it's possible, but somebody already guessed that. Maybe Le Cellier.
3. I'm sure you got rained on. You went to Florida in August. As far as affecting your plans....hopefully not too much!
4. Plans....probably deviated quite a bit.
5. Pixie dust....well part of this with the room location has already been told. Perhaps you got some fast pass pixie dust as well. Maybe some pixie dust with cute things like honeymoon phone calls and special treats also.
6. Characters....I was thinking maybe meeting Mickey in Toontown because that has been my best before, but that no longer exists. Maybe the best interaction was at a character meal.....Minnie Mouse. And 38 characters total.
7. TSM....in 2 weeks? 8
8. I hope you beat him at least once! Or should it ask if he ever beat you?
9. Ride most often....hmmm....maybe not something too intense. Probably TSM or Spaceship Earth since you both listed them as favorites.
10. Record fastpasses at one time? Maybe 4 each.

Great start! Hurray for the pixie dust! You had a great room location.

We're staying at Pop in November, always look forward to head back there.

Great start to your trip report! Can't wait to read more. I leave on my first solo trip in 7 days! I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your report. Love the pics!
We stayed at Pop one year and really enjoyed it.
Congratulations on your wedding!! :)

I hate that your flight was delayed and that you didn't get to Orlando on time but, as you said, it sounds like that was a good thing since you guys avoided the storm.

It sounds like your trip is getting off to a fabulous start! The pictures around the resort and of the room are great.

:woohoo: on getting a real ME bus, the pins, your room request and a fridge in the room!!

What a great start to the trip! Love the pics of Pop :goodvibes

Joining now! :thumbsup2 Sounds like a great time, I am taking DF if a few weeks!

Now taking a shot on the pop quiz:

1. Trip was a few days too long
2. Le Cellier
3. Yes; no
4. I'd say after the first few days barely
5. Room upgrade
6. 9
7. 4
8. no
9. Soarin'
10. 7

Sounds like once you got to Disney everything was looking up, just a slight bump in the road with the plane leaving late. Can't wait to read more.

:welcome: to all my new readers!

subbed! but wish you were posting more! we leave tomorrow, i'll hopefully y be able to read on my iphone, otherwise i'll have quite a bit of catching up to do when I get home!

Awww, sorry I was not able to post more updates before you left. Have fun in Disney! And I'm happy to have you on my TR. :)

Yay! What a great start you had! I hope the rest of the trip went just as well!

I never did get around to reading the vast majority of your earlier report. Hopefully I can keep up better with this one!

We did have an awesome start to the trip! And I hope you stick with me on this TR. :goodvibes

I'm loving the photos of POP! DD and I are staying their next year and I was not sure about going from a Moderate to a Value. Now I'm starting to get excited and still I have over 11 months to go :rotfl2:

Caribbean Beach was beautiful, but POP is just so much fun and VERY convenient. I hope you and your DD love it just as much as we did! 11 months is a long time to wait, I remember starting my wedding countdown a year before and it seemed to take forever... and then you kinda forget about it and POOF! It's here!

Ugh.....not so good at Pop Quizzes....especially since I didn't read your PTR! :scared: Here are some wild stabs in the dark!

1. Two weeks....hmmm...perhaps a smidge too long.
2. Restaurant....could be just about anything. I'd say O'hana because I know it's possible, but somebody already guessed that. Maybe Le Cellier.
3. I'm sure you got rained on. You went to Florida in August. As far as affecting your plans....hopefully not too much!
4. Plans....probably deviated quite a bit.
5. Pixie dust....well part of this with the room location has already been told. Perhaps you got some fast pass pixie dust as well. Maybe some pixie dust with cute things like honeymoon phone calls and special treats also.
6. Characters....I was thinking maybe meeting Mickey in Toontown because that has been my best before, but that no longer exists. Maybe the best interaction was at a character meal.....Minnie Mouse. And 38 characters total.
7. TSM....in 2 weeks? 8
8. I hope you beat him at least once! Or should it ask if he ever beat you?
9. Ride most often....hmmm....maybe not something too intense. Probably TSM or Spaceship Earth since you both listed them as favorites.
10. Record fastpasses at one time? Maybe 4 each.

Wow! You have 5, almost 6 correct answers!

Great start! Hurray for the pixie dust! You had a great room location.

We're staying at Pop in November, always look forward to head back there.

We really did have an awesome room location! This will be hard to beat on future trip. Part of me wants to try almost all of the resorts, but I also loved POP so much I want to go back. DH is more a creature of habit and his heart is now sold on POP.

Great start to your trip report! Can't wait to read more. I leave on my first solo trip in 7 days! I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your report. Love the pics!
We stayed at Pop one year and really enjoyed it.
Congratulations on your wedding!! :)

Thank you! So lucky to be leaving in a week! I don't think my DH would ever let me make a solo trip, he'd be way too jealous. :rotfl:

I hate that your flight was delayed and that you didn't get to Orlando on time but, as you said, it sounds like that was a good thing since you guys avoided the storm.

It sounds like your trip is getting off to a fabulous start! The pictures around the resort and of the room are great.

Yeah, a delayed flight is no fun, but I kinda prefer being stuck in the plane waiting for it to leave at home, then stuck in a plane waiting to be allowed to disembark in Orlando. By that time the excitement was just too much, I wanted to get to there!

:woohoo: on getting a real ME bus, the pins, your room request and a fridge in the room!!

What a great start to the trip! Love the pics of Pop :goodvibes

Even though we didn't get anything big like a room upgrade (though I'm not sure how much of an upgrade we could have gotten at POP, since almost all preferred rooms are pool view and we did NOT want that), but we truly did appreciate all the little details. All day my DH kept saying how much he loved all the little things. He even wanted me to name the trip report "It's all in the little things" or something like that. :cloud9:

Looks like your vacation was off to a great start!! :cool1: Can't wait to read more.

And the day just kept getting better...

Joining now! :thumbsup2 Sounds like a great time, I am taking DF if a few weeks!

Now taking a shot on the pop quiz:

1. Trip was a few days too long
2. Le Cellier
3. Yes; no
4. I'd say after the first few days barely
5. Room upgrade
6. 9
7. 4
8. no
9. Soarin'
10. 7

:welcome: You only have one right answer, but it's one that no one else has gotten right so far. :thumbsup2

I'm in, can't wait to read more.

I'll try finishing day 0 tonight.

Sounds like once you got to Disney everything was looking up, just a slight bump in the road with the plane leaving late. Can't wait to read more.

A very slight bump. I was all smile all day. :goodvibes

Great start to your trip! Love seeing the pics of POP Century- one of my favorite places to stay!

Cannot wait to read all about your honeymoon!!!

:

We really did have an awesome room location! This will be hard to beat on future trip. Part of me wants to try almost all of the resorts, but I also loved POP so much I want to go back. DH is more a creature of habit and his heart is now sold on POP.

We set out to try every resort. We stayed at the Beach Club, Boardwalk villas, SSR, POR, CBR, CSR, POP, All Star Movies, Sports, and Music. We easily found our favorites and just keep on repeating. We ARE trying a new one in December, POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter