yummy So Cal restaurants?

NLZLS

Earning My Ears
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for yummy places to eat.

We'll be staying near the DL crosswalk, but will be renting a car so driving somewhere to eat works. We've also planned a half day trip to the beach (although we still haven't decided which one!) so any recommended places near Huntington, Newport or Laguna would be good, too.

The closer the better (not necessarily looking to head all the way into LA), the healthier the better, and the more affordable the better, BUT if there are any places that are too good to pass up while in So Cal please tell.

Thanks!

Well, it isn't healthy, lol, but it is affordable and if you like burgers I'd totally recommend trying In-n-Out Burger. They are only in CA, NV, and AZ so they are definitely a local place to eat.

innout.jpg

I also really like the Cheesecake Factory. Many choices on their menu, and one just opened not far from DL.

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu.htm

Well, it isn't healthy, lol, but it is affordable and if you like burgers I'd totally recommend trying In-n-Out Burger. They are only in CA, NV, and AZ so they are definitely a local place to eat.

innout.jpg

Now, That is what I am talking about. They have very good burgers. 50 days until I can munch on one and I cant wait either. I grew up on In-n-out.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for yummy places to eat.

We'll be staying near the DL crosswalk, but will be renting a car so driving somewhere to eat works. We've also planned a half day trip to the beach (although we still haven't decided which one!) so any recommended places near Huntington, Newport or Laguna would be good, too.

The closer the better (not necessarily looking to head all the way into LA), the healthier the better, and the more affordable the better, BUT if there are any places that are too good to pass up while in So Cal please tell.

Thanks!

Since you mentioned Newport and Laguna beaches I suggest checking out Ruby's diner. It was started in Newport Beach and has an adorable red and white 50s diner theme. They have an excellent selection of food for all tastes and ages. They have locations scattered throughout Newport and Laguna.

Javier's is an excellent Mexican restuarant located on Pacific Coast HWY right across from the beach in Laguna. There is parking behind the restuarant or on the street if you can find it.

Not sure if they have Wahoos! fish tacos where you are but it's one of my favorite places with healthier Mexican options. Newport has a few, I'd advise the one in Fashion Island mall and Laguna's is on PCH down south a bit.

If you need anymore information please don't hesitate to ask. :)

I've heard In-n-Out is pretty darn good. I put that big 'BUT' in there thinking that there might be some places like that that I'd still want to try.

Thanks for al the tips.

Not really sure if I'm looking for any particular ambiance, other than probably keeping it fairly low key, just looking for some suggestions of places that are well liked in the area, maybe even unique to the area. We like most evertyhting: indian, thai, diners, delis, you name it (the fish taco place sounds nummy). Our preschooler is thankfully not too picky and our youngest is still not eating table food, so we're pretty open. The more ideas and review/opinions the better so that we don't find ourselves driving around looking for something to eat, or eating the same types of food all week (which I'm sure is doubtful with all the places around inside and within walking distance to DL alone). I really just like hearing about others experiences and appreciate what you all have to recommend.

Check out yelp dot com. You can get a feel for where locals eat and what is good. My DH always "yelps" an area when we go anywhere.
Yelp has reviews and links to most menus, they also have price ranges so you can choose based on price, too. We are going in 10 days and my DH has already yelped a lot more restaurants than we will be able to try. :thumbsup2

In and Out definetly serves some great tasting burgers, I do believe their fries are a bit overrated, better then BK, Wendy's, or maybe even Mickey D's but I still have had better fries elsewhere.

In and Out definetly serves some great tasting burgers, I do believe their fries are a bit overrated, better then BK, Wendy's, or maybe even Mickey D's but I still have had better fries elsewhere.

You know their fries are used from fresh potatoes each day. They have a guy that just slices them all day long. There is nothing better than fresh cut french fries. Only problem is that they can get cold too fast and once the get cold. They arent that great.

Hi there,

I know it's not unique to SoCal, but The Old Spaghetti Factory in Fullerton is a 10 minute drive north of the DLR. It's located in a train station, which my son is pleased about. You have to pass the Disney Character Warehouse store to get there and go back to the DLR, so we like to stop by the store for some great deals after eating at the OSF. Makes the trip worth it. ;)

Rubio's Mexican Grill is also nearby. They have great fish tacos: http://www.rubios.com/

Cheesecake Factory is yummy...I second that recommendation.

Love In-N-Out. Definitely try that if you're wanting fast food burgers. :)

While not exactly "healthy", Maui Hawaiian Barbeque is very, very yummy. Their chicken Katsu dish is my favorite and the helpings are big. It's right across the street from Orangefair Marketplace, where the Disney Character Store is located:

http://www.restaurantica.com/restaurants/43022/

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter