Your gonna think Im nuts...Disney Smell alert..UPDATE! NEW SMELL ALERT!

That's neat, I'll check it out!

I'd love to find a 'smell-alike' for AKL Jambo House lobby. I can do the wood smoke (fireplace) but I can't replicate the main smell - it's an amazing clean smell, without being over-the-top chemical like most cleaners and air fresheners. I wish they would can it and sell it in the gift shop!

At this point in the winter, I'd even settle for Splash Mountain water smell. :rotfl:

i am also chasing after the exact AKL lobby smell. the closest i can get is Yankee Candle sage & Citrus, but its missing that smoky smell. I wish they would sell that scent in the lobby too. i dream about the scent :)

I'm so wondering why Disney doesn't capitalize on their own signature scents by creating candles for guest to purchase and take home. They would make a killing on this alone!! I'm a local and always looking to see what new stuff they come up with. They now have candles for sale at the Co-Op Marketplace at Disney Springs, but none are really amazing or have any scents attached to Disney scents! So. Weird. They DO have a Make Your Own Candle there, also, but so surprised they would sell some random candles that aren't of their own making.

I'm dying to find that Volcanic Coconut Cove!!!!

THIS x 10! I have never understood it. The amount of people that would flock to buy the scents...it would be an instant moneymaker. If they would just partner with a scent company like Yankee or B&B Works, they could make a fortune. By myself, I'd buy enough to make up their monthly budget. I love candles.

on this recommendation, i picked up the glade volcanic coconut grove spray ($1.48) and candle ($2.89) at walmart. i can't say this is the exact scent of the poly lobby but it is very reminiscent. the candle seems a little closer than the spray is, but that might be because it is more subtle. i don't smell this and get hit by that punch of nostalgia i'm wanting. but it does have the right base so, if you imagine a little bit, it gets you there.

a big problem i've found with getting the poly lobby right is that the coconut scent doesn't seem to be a major part of the smell and that's what a lot of "tropical" sprays and candles rely on. but at this price, it's close enough. there are custom candles out there claiming to have the poly smell that don't get this close and cost a whole lot more.

on this recommendation, i picked up the glade volcanic coconut grove spray ($1.48) and candle ($2.89) at walmart. i can't say this is the exact scent of the poly lobby but it is very reminiscent. the candle seems a little closer than the spray is, but that might be because it is more subtle. i don't smell this and get hit by that punch of nostalgia i'm wanting. but it does have the right base so, if you imagine a little bit, it gets you there.

a big problem i've found with getting the poly lobby right is that the coconut scent doesn't seem to be a major part of the smell and that's what a lot of "tropical" sprays and candles rely on. but at this price, it's close enough. there are custom candles out there claiming to have the poly smell that don't get this close and cost a whole lot more.

Bought the air freshener from target for .99 a can - love it !

with seven people you want to be as close to first in line as possible. due to the small size and configuration of the place, it's tough to get one spot for that many. when you walk in you want to go either to the surfboard table on your right (about 10 stools total. they cannot be moved) or to the round corner table immediately on your left (with the booth seating and chairs you can prolly fit seven). the only other real option is the row of couches on the right side wall where you can cluster chairs around to make it work.

Just ordered from Magic Candle Company. I ordered the variety car scents. I got two Pirate Water, a Haunted Mansion, and a Contemporary. Even though I got an email saying orders were taking 10-14 days, I got them in less than a week. I'll report back how the smell is after I've had one in my car for a while :)

Looking for recommendations. I bought Circa 1955 candles for each member of the family and want to try different companies. DH loves When in Rome, DS leaves his Churro open just to have the scent in his room and DD loves Beach Resort. But, who cares, no big deal, they want MORE!
So I figured I’d search “Disney Candles” on Etsy. Ha! Over 2000. Any suggestions on good shops? Or scents?

Another note on the Magic Candle Company, they're great! The Dole Whip (or "Pineapple Whip" as they call it on their site. Gotta avoid that copyright!) air freshener smells just like the real thing, it's so good! Easily my favorite of their scents, though the Haunted Mansion one is also pretty great.

upload_2019-2-6_18-13-52.jpeg Found this candle at Hobby Lobby today and it smells just like Pirates of the Caribbean! It was $17.99 but on sale for 50% off. I love it!upload_2019-2-6_18-13-52.jpeg

OP, I'm gonna have to check that out when I go to Walmart.... :thumbsup2

I'm trying to find a candle/air freshener that smells like the Beach Club. When we were there a few weeks ago, I specifically asked the CM at the lobby check-in counter, and they said that they use a diffuser which sends the fragrance into the air. Each 'machine' is $200 and the scent is about $100. At that point, I kinda stopped paying attention to the actual name of the vendor, since I'm not prepared to run out and buy $300 worth of Beach Club smells. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA!

I would love to find something that smells like the WL lobby. Any suggestions?
I just was at a state park where they were selling incense and one smelled EXACTLY like the WL lobby! I use the same business WDW does for their scent sprayers for my biz...they have their own scents made for them, but my rep says they are SWARMED with calls asking. I found Glade "Cozy Flannel" smells like WL

I'm trying to find a candle/air freshener that smells like the Beach Club. When we were there a few weeks ago, I specifically asked the CM at the lobby check-in counter, and they said that they use a diffuser which sends the fragrance into the air. Each 'machine' is $200 and the scent is about $100. At that point, I kinda stopped paying attention to the actual name of the vendor, since I'm not prepared to run out and buy $300 worth of Beach Club smells. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA!
...bumping for a reply....:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!