Your gonna think Im nuts...Disney Smell alert..UPDATE! NEW SMELL ALERT!

My husband thinks I'm crazy but we will be walking some where or eating some where and I'll get a sniff of something that reminds me of Disney and when I tell him about it he looks at me like I've gone over the edge. Especially around fountians, pools or anything like that I tell him it reminds me of the water at Disney. I love the smell of the water on POTC and Splash Mountian. :goodvibes

You are sooo not crazy!!! My son likes frozen mini pancakes, the Aunt Jemina ones smell like disney pancakes!!!! I love it!!!

Ok...this is totally not right, but the ladies room at our local Target smells like the ladies room near the entrance of MK. So, OP, you are not crazy! Now I have to run out to get some of that shower stuff you mentioned!

OMG - THANK YOU!!!!! I told my DH this and he thinks I'm nuts. I walked in to our local Target bathroom and it was instant dejavu! You just made my day. Thanks!

My smell has always been the Swan lobby. My guess it was the cleaingi solution. I always walked thru, even when not staying there to get a sniff. I think I narrowed it down to a lemongrass smell and now I have a candle from Target that mimicks it pretty well. The sad news though is when we were there at Thanksgiving, the smell was gone.

This one you can actually buy directly from Westin at Home - it is their white tea fragrance which is in all of their hotels (Westin, Sheraton, etc). Just google Westin at Home and it's usually under their spa category. They have candles, oil diffusers, and scent machines - they aren't cheap though!

I'm weird too.

There's an usher at my church who smells like the ocean scene from Soarin'. I've come close to asking him what he uses, but I'd feel like a freak.

Seriously, when he walks by with the collection basket, I inhale!

Boy, that looks weird when I re-read what I just typed.

Kerri

Okay. I'm off to find Citrus Mist air freshener. Any tips on where I can buy it? I used to have a shower gel that smelled just like the orange grove on Soarin, but they quit making it. I love that smell!

The sell the Citrus Mist air freshner at my grocery store - with all the other air fresheners - $3.99 - Dont ask me how I know..:-)rolleyes1) - I'll give you a hint..I just came back from grocery shopping.:blush:

I'm weird too.

There's an usher at my church who smells like the ocean scene from Soarin'. I've come close to asking him what he uses, but I'd feel like a freak.

Seriously, when he walks by with the collection basket, I inhale!

Boy, that looks weird when I re-read what I just typed.

Kerri

Trust me..nothing about this thread is weird. :grouphug: I started this whole thing so I should know.:upsidedow

Woolite Oxy Deep Spot and Stain Carpet Cleaner Spray smells just like the Disney bathrooms when you go in first thing in the morning when they've just been cleaned...in a good way:lmao:! I can't pinpoint if it's the soap, air fresheners, or what but I love it! Yes, I'm that strange.

And I also go to Target for my Soarin' fix:rotfl2:!

YES!!!! I'm not the only one:goodvibes:goodvibes Sometimes I just be minding my own business and WHAM a familiar disney scent hits me. I love using the extra soaps, lotions, and shampoos from the hotel because it makes me feel like I'm fixing to go to a park (but then I get disappointed when I end up at Walmart:sad2:)

I mass planted gardenias, the smell (especially at night)....reminds me of the Poly. I also bought, over a dozen tiki torches...completes the effect.:lovestruc

Ok, this is too funny, because a couple years back I received Celine Dion's Belong perfume as a Christmas gift. I took one whiff and immediately exclaimed, "OMG, it smells like Norway!!" The interesting thing about it is that it doesn't just smell like Laila, but to me it really does smell like the combination of Laila and pastries that you get as you walk by the Norway pavilion. For that reason, I love it! :lovestruc

My favorite smell in all of Disney Parkdom is the musty, moldy water smell of Pirates of the Caribbean. So whenever I smell something musty and mildewy, it makes me very happy, LOL.

The H20 Aquatics from the WDW resorts are also a very powerful memory jogger. I have a bottle of shower gel that I like to sniff every now and then because it immediately transports me back to my room at Saratoga Springs. :thumbsup2

The Beachwalk candle at Yankee Candle Company smells like Soarin' when you go over the Ocean.

Sun and Sand candles from Yankee Candles reminds me of our room at the Yacht Club. i think it;s a combination of the room itself and the sun cream we used. Transports me back every time I have a sniff!

Glade has an air freshener called Apple Spice that smells exactly like the apple pie floating out at you in Philharmagic. I stock up on it. I smile every time I am in a room that has it out. My magic at home.

Every time the kids put a gingerbread flavored PopTart in the toaster, I say outloud "Main Street USA!"

Also Bath & Body Works "Seaside Escape" air freshener reminds me of the Beach Club lobby.

Love those reminders of my favorite places.

Yankee Candle's Home Sweet Home smells exactly like the Be Our Guest scene in Mickey's Philharmagic! You know, with all the pie and dessert scents. It's fantastic :]

I have yet to smell that scent, but I think their Red Apple Wreath is VERRRY close to that Philharmagic scent too!

The only smells I ever encounter that remind me of Disney are fountains. Whenever I see a fountain I always go smell to see if it smells like Disney water. If it does I'll stand there with my eyes closed inhaling and imagining that I'm at Disney until my husband makes me move. lol! And every now and then I'll be out somewhere and catch the scent of Pop's food court. Makes me happy and sad at the same time!

My neighbors have a wood burning stove. If the wind is blowing right, it smells like Flame Tree.

I love Disney smells!!! I went to see Beauty and the Beast a few nights ago and was disappointed there was no apple pie smell during Be Our Guest like in Mickey's Philharmagic... :confused3

My neighbors have a wood burning stove. If the wind is blowing right, it smells like Flame Tree.

We have a neighbor who burns leaves year round (don't know where he gets so many flippin leaves?:confused3) and we always say it smells like Flame Tree. :goodvibes

I love Disney smells!!! I went to see Beauty and the Beast a few nights ago and was disappointed there was no apple pie smell during Be Our Guest like in Mickey's Philharmagic... :confused3

Funny! I said the same thing when we went to see the movie!:rotfl: Of course my kids and husband :rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2 at me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter