Your gonna think Im nuts...Disney Smell alert..UPDATE! NEW SMELL ALERT!

I notice these things, too! Of course, my kids just think I'm obsessed, LOL.

In our mall, there is a fountain/reflection pool that smells exactly like Pirates. I love to just stand there for a minute with my eyes closed, and pretend I'm there. :lovestruc pirate:

Also, the L'oreal Vive Shampoo in the gold bottle has a scent that makes me feel like I'm in Florida/WDW. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's my favorite shampoo now. :cloud9:

this is awesom thread! hahahahaha

I experience this often.

theres a restaurant near where I work. when I ride by its smells like ohana.

I also think the great cerminomial house at the poly has a distinct smell. wish i could bottle it. just cause it reminds me of disney!

oh and sometimes I walk into Panara Bread to get coffee in the AM before work.. and it smells like Pop Century's food court:goodvibes

HAHA! I'm not the only one! Whenever I smell apple fritters from starbucks it reminds me of the smell from walking into EPCOT via the international gateway!

I meant to add...the monorail smell reminds me of the elephant cage at the zoo...

Ha! When we were there this past November, there was a large family in the adjoining seats to us on the monorail. I'm guessing it was their first visit b/c the woman who I'm guessing was the grandma complained about how the monorail smelled like the zoo. And one of the middle aged people in the group said, "that's probably from when the monorail stops at Animal Kingdom." :rotfl:

On another board, someone said they thought it smelled just like Soarin'.
Of course, I ran out and bought some!!!

Okay, I just smelled my Laila, the perfume they sell in the Norway shop and then the Old Spice Komodo. You know, you do have a point. Not identical, but sort of similar!

The Glade Christmas Pine plug in smells JUST like the pine trees you smell on Soarin'. My friend came into my office around Christmas time, took a deep breath, and asked why my office smelled like Soarin'. LOL.

Oh! I LOVE things that smell like Disney! :lovestruc I work in a paint your own pottery studio and everytime we get new pottery in, I love unpacking it because the smell reminds me of POTC!

Our studio is located in a shopping center with a few different types of restaurants...lunchtime always makes me think of Disney because of the mix of food smells.

Sometimes that happens to me also.

But usually it is that distinctive musty smell from Pirates.

And even though that isn't the greatest of smells, it does give a longing to smell it for real.:blush:

Cathy
Our bathrooms at work have water that smells like the water on WDW rides( POTC, IASW etc). You're right- it does make you want to go there.

One of my favorite smells ever! I don't know if it's the food smells from Boma mixing with the wood smoke, or what. But, I love it! :cloud9:

Another Disney scent is Citrus Mist air freshener. It smells exactly like the orange groves in Soarin'.

Okay. I'm off to find Citrus Mist air freshener. Any tips on where I can buy it? I used to have a shower gel that smelled just like the orange grove on Soarin, but they quit making it. I love that smell!

To the original poster...

I went to 3 different stores today looking for Old Spice Komodo. I cant find it! They have Fiji and Denali (I think is the name) but no Komodo.

I was smelling all the different scents of O.S body washes.. omg I can smell what youre talking about cause they all have the "scent" like the smell of Norway!!

Im insane cause Im on a mission! I need this stuff!!!!

Thanks for posting!

To the original poster...

I went to 3 different stores today looking for Old Spice Komodo. I cant find it! They have Fiji and Denali (I think is the name) but no Komodo.

I was smelling all the different scents of O.S body washes.. omg I can smell what youre talking about cause they all have the "scent" like the smell of Norway!!

Im insane cause Im on a mission! I need this stuff!!!!

Thanks for posting!

I got mine at Target - I hope I didn't start some kind of shortage! I better go get a few more bottles tomorrow just in case! :laughing:

This is weird, but our local park has wooden bridges over the streams (it's a huge wooded park here in Vermont) and when it rains it smells JUST like Frontierland! Love it!!!

Ok...this is totally not right, but the ladies room at our local Target smells like the ladies room near the entrance of MK. So, OP, you are not crazy! Now I have to run out to get some of that shower stuff you mentioned!

Yup..I know..I have noticed that at our Target too. :blush: - I am starting to think I have a problem.

Omg here too! i love the smell of our target restroom. its the same orange smell. wish i knew what they used. it smells like this air freshener they sell at home depot, its like a tub of this waxy material with a green vent top. its supposed to absorb odors. smells pretty close.

I've noticed too! love it!! :laughing:

You all are obviously not alone. :rotfl: I've had that in my tag what seems like forever. Macy's restroom has the same Disney smell. Even my not so observant husband noticed and commented on it once at Macy's.

Im always in Target, never in the bathroom. Next trip to target.. for a bottle of komodo and a trip to their restroom.
lol

ps - this is the response I got from my sister on FB. I posted about this on my status..

"I don't care if it smells like Italy anything with old spice in the title can not be good"

it made me giggle

My smell has always been the Swan lobby. My guess it was the cleaingi solution. I always walked thru, even when not staying there to get a sniff. I think I narrowed it down to a lemongrass smell and now I have a candle from Target that mimicks it pretty well. The sad news though is when we were there at Thanksgiving, the smell was gone.

I realized the other day that my shampoo and conditioner (L'Oreal Ever Pure) makes my hair smell just like the GF lobby - now I can't help myself - whenever I need a boost - I'm smelling my hair - :rotfl: BTW - it says it has rosemary and juniper and "natural botanicals".....ahhhh now if only I could use it for the laundry - I'd be in WDW heaven :littleangel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter